Page 10 of 142 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fjmacias View Post
    thanks, works perfect on my Pre3. Gracias, por ahora funciona de lujo en mi Pre 3, si todo sigue haré uno de los donativos más gustosos de mi vida.
    Exactly same feelings here! Now, finally, I can waste my time just as my friends do! There are some minor details to iron out, but amoralico's work and attention to detail is amazing for a first release. I've exchanged a couple of e-mails with him, and he's a terrible guy, and he even landed in webOS planet by mere chance only some time ago. He wasn't sure about this decision, precisely because there was no WhatsApp client and, what did he do? Make his own!

webOS hero of the year?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    pitsop likes this.
    Works Great on my Pre3, thanks a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
    ha ha... I thought you're from Toronto...

Maybe I make minor change your edition and assign it to zh-tw? Since 連絡人 is more Taiwanese while HK usually uses 聯絡人,and SMS in TW = 簡訊, but in HK = 短訊,網路 for TW & 網絡 for HK etc... Please change back to your wordings if you think improper .

I still have little memory for the translation since I translated OS 2.2.4 to Trad. Chinese few months ago. So I tried to use the same wordings.

Happy to meet another webOS user in HK!
    I am based in Toronto, but I am born in Hong Kong. You guys go to HKPUG?

I'm in Hong Kong next week and if there's one I might go...
    Send a Donation = 2LE22693ML383531J
    Y U KNow... this rocks
    Has anyone got this working on a Pre3 in the UK?

I installed fine and got an SMS code back (keeps changing each time I request). Then I used this code to register and got a text back but when I try to log in I just get the message 'Login failed' every time.

I tried changing the SMS value to the one returned by the registration but it made no difference.

Help!

Thanks.

BTW, I did not prefix either country or phone number with a 0. 44 was the country code and no prefix on the number. I'm pretty sure I did this right as both the SMS request and the register resulted in an SMS coming back.
    Last edited by andyhurley; 09/24/2012 at 07:49 AM.
    It works perfect in my Pre 3!!!
    Chat checked.
    Groups checked.
    Images checked.
    I will try testing in Pre, Pre2 and Pixi as soon as possible.
    My donation coming now!!!
    Thaaaaanks!

PD: Supongo que ya conoceis el pequeño bug de las notificaciones. Muchas gracias, sois increibles y me quito el sombrero como usuario y como desarrollador (Mobileng).
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianHa View Post
    Could you post a version which runs in the emulator? I would like to test some things out. I tried to compile it myself for x86 but I always do get a segmentation fault when starting. That would be very nice!
    ok, I got it to work on myself, had the wrong compile command line.

While taking a look at the code I saw the following line in the main method:
    Code:
    system("echo pardon > /etc/nojail");

This disables the jailer for the whole system forever!

This is a major security risk as any pdk application is now running without a jail and is able to access all the data on the phone. Is disabling the jailer really necessary? If so the jailer should be disabled only for this app and not shut down completely.

Please fix this asap!

EDIT: As the root partition is normally mounted ro only this line should not have any effect. Therefore, there is no security problem on real devices. Sorry for confusing. Nevertheless it can be removed then.
    Last edited by SebastianHa; 09/24/2012 at 02:07 PM.
    There is impossible to type "+" in country code. For example, Russia has +7 code. I've typed just "7"
    What I should input in "Phone number" Should I begin number with country code or not?
    Last edited by Shura; 09/24/2012 at 09:25 AM.
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
  9.    #189  
    ok, I got it to work on myself, had the wrong compile command line.

While taking a look at the code I saw the following line in the main method:
    Code:
    system("echo pardon > /etc/nojail");

This disables the jailer for the whole system forever!

This is a major security risk as any pdk application is now running without a jail and is able to access all the data on the phone. Is disabling the jailer really necessary? If so the jailer should be disabled only for this app and not shut down completely.

Please fix this asap!
    That instruction is there because without it it won't work in Pre3.
    Plugin based Webos applications sometimes have problems with jailer (https://developer.palm.com/content/a...interface.html)
    I can remove it but is possible that Pre3 user can use MojoWhatsup.
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    Plugin based Webos applications sometimes have problems with jailer (https://developer.palm.com/content/a...interface.html)
    mmh, that is bad. Did you try to disable the jailer just for your app?

I don't know exactly how this works but take a look at some webos-internals apps like the flashlight service. That app manages to disable the jailer the correct way. There is a file where you can enter individual apps which may run without the jailer.
    can't find it right know but I know that it is possible to disable the jailer for a specific app.

Perhaps you can ask someone from webos-internals, they should know how to do it.

edit: I think this here is it: Launching App as root
  12.    #192  
    The link was corrupted. I have updated it.
    https://github.com/amoralico/mojowhatsup/downloads
  13.    #193  
    can't find it right know but I know that it is possible to disable the jailer for a specific app.

Perhaps you can ask someone from webos-internals, they should know how to do it.

edit: I think this here is it: Launching App as root
    Thanks.
    I will take a look.
    Hi Amoralico.
    Donation sent !

PD: Please, if the problem of the constant notification saying "no hay mensajes nuevos" can be fixed than the app was perfect. The rest works very well !

Thank you from all webOS users!
    Last edited by pitsop; 09/24/2012 at 10:13 AM.
    Great first release, thanks for the work! Donation done some hours ago.

How do Apps like the number of twitter clients out there handle the background issue? For example, Spaz twitter client does not have to be open to notify me of new DMs. Guess this technique could be applied to MojoWhatsUp as well? Some kind of Deamon that periodically checks in the background?

I found some phone numbers in my MWU Contacts without name. Are these numbers stored on my SIM as naked numbers, or where do they come from? I dont remember ever using the SIM as a storage for numbers, I pull all contacts from the G-Cloud. If these are SIM stored, is there a way to remove them (using the Pre)?

Updates... can these be installed via Preware or how does it work? I mean... does preware check for updates for this App, or do we have to manually have look here? And if so, do we need to uninstall the current one first before we can install a new version?

Is the WA message history saved on the server or are all conversations lost once we doctor a Pre for example?

That are my first questions after a few hours of usage. Looks very promising so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    Great first release, thanks for the work!
    Indeed, one of the biggest happenings of the year.

Spaz twitter client does not have to be open to notify me of new DMs. Guess this technique could be applied to MojoWhatsUp as well?
    That's my only question for now. Aside from that, I find this app perfect. Well, actually, perfection for me would be not to have an app, but a Synergy plugin. But perhaps it's harder than it seems (Synergy doesn't seem to have notion of groups, like WhatsApp has, and I don't know how it would swallow the sending of files). Moreso, the user interface amoralico has crafted is really nice!

Is there a way to remove SIM contacts (using the Pre)?
    I don't think so, you should pull out your SIM card and put it into a nice simple phone, that has more SIM contacts abilities. Once upon a time, I manually deleted records in the contacts database of webOS, but that was overkill. I personally hate those contacts that the carrier adds by default, such as "news", "support", and all that crap.

Updates... can these be installed via Preware or how does it work?
    I don't think MojoWhatsApp is yet in Preware, but should, IMHO.

does preware check for updates for this App, or do we have to manually have look here?
    The later, I'd say. As of now, there's no new updates, let's give amoralico a break! In my point of view, even if this app stopped working tomorrow, I'd be satisfied anyway: The "impossoble" has been achieved. Not that I want that to happen!

do we need to uninstall the current one first before we can install a new version?
    In case that's necesarry, usually the programmer warns people about that.

Is the WA message history saved on the server
    Who knows what those sick people up there at WhatsApp do with your messages...

or are all conversations lost once we doctor a Pre for example?
    I'd say so.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    So as i see on my device it does not seem you have executed this function on Pre2 2.2.4 devices as i hav no such nojail file in my /etc.

would a "rm /etc/nojail" help at app-exit at least to not have it unjailed after leaving the app?
    guys a stupid question... I need another program or something?? Downloaded and instalaed a lot of times and still clean restarts luna and phone nothing... If someone can help me will be great =/
  19.    #199  
    How do Apps like the number of twitter clients out there handle the background issue? For example, Spaz twitter client does not have to be open to notify me of new DMs. Guess this technique could be applied to MojoWhatsUp as well? Some kind of Deamon that periodically checks in the background?
    To be clear. The only way to run in background without showing MojoWhatsup banner Webos is creating a service or integrating with Synergy, which can not be done because I am using a hybrid application (with plugin).

I found some phone numbers in my MWU Contacts without name. Are these numbers stored on my SIM as naked numbers, or where do they come from? I dont remember ever using the SIM as a storage for numbers, I pull all contacts from the G-Cloud. If these are SIM stored, is there a way to remove them (using the Pre)?
    Empty contacts names appear because you have some of your contacts without a given, first, middle name. I will correct this in a future version.

Updates... can these be installed via Preware or how does it work? I mean... does preware check for updates for this App, or do we have to manually have look here? And if so, do we need to uninstall the current one first before we can install a new version?
    I will upload updates to ginhub and will notify here. Some updates may need to reinstall the application, but I'll say here.

Is the WA message history saved on the server or are all conversations lost once we doctor a Pre for example?
    No, messages are only stored in your device. Conversations lost once you remove the application.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Here's the link to submit it to Preware:

Contact | webOS Nation

Select the Submit Homebrew option.