webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > HP App Catalog Download Failed
HP App Catalog Download Failed
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Garrett92C

Old 09/15/2012, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

I'm a new TouchPad owner - from India. [Yay!]

My friend helped me put a lot of apps in it. Earlier this week, HP App Catalog said it has some updates. Some apps like Quickoffice [now at v2.2.247] and a few others updated smoothly. But the below apps keep throwing a 'Download failed' error no matter how often I try. Any idea why?

Angry Birds Rio HD [1.2.1] (All are current versions)
AudiophileHDPro [0.0.8]
Coloring Book HD [1.1.8] (hehe)
Gilmpse [1.0.8]
KalemSoft Media Player [0.3.4]
Pix [0.9.6]
Video Flood HD [3.1.1]
WebOSM [1.1.1]

All apps seem to be running properly - except when the updates failed I haven't said "Don't download". Attached screenshots taken after the updates failed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unknown_2012-15-09_083114.jpg (110.3 KB, 36 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png Unknown_2012-15-09_203416.png (442.5 KB, 41 views) Email Attachment
lvshankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2012, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Where did your friend happen to get those apps?
Old 09/15/2012, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvshankar View Post
My friend helped me put a lot of apps in it. Earlier this week, HP App Catalog said it has some updates. Some apps like Quickoffice [now at v2.2.247] and a few others updated smoothly. But the below apps keep throwing a 'Download failed' error no matter how often I try. Any idea why?

Angry Birds Rio HD [1.2.1] (All are current versions)
AudiophileHDPro [0.0.8]
Coloring Book HD [1.1.8] (hehe)
Gilmpse [1.0.8]
KalemSoft Media Player [0.3.4]
Pix [0.9.6]
Video Flood HD [3.1.1]
WebOSM [1.1.1]

All apps seem to be running properly - except when the updates failed I haven't said "Don't download". Attached screenshots taken after the updates failed.
Did you actually buy the apps and install them from the 'app catalog'? I would guess that it is not the case. Which is why when you try to download the updates, it fails. Because the app catalog checks to see if you have actually purchased the apps before updating an app.

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2012, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think they are from the App Catalog. I updated the email address associated with the WebOS account once I got the TP as it was initially a different account my friend had created for me.

I'm checking with my friend in the meantime on how he got the apps and will update here when I hear something.

Edit:Also, if they weren't downloaded through App Catalog how come the App Catalog on my TP recognizes them as installed and gives a 'Update' button next to all these items?

Last edited by lvshankar; 09/15/2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old 09/15/2012, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

It recognizes them on your Touchpad because they really are installed. But when you try to update the server recognizes that you did not purchase them and refuses to update them. Your best bet is to just buy them.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2012, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you Grabber5.0, Sanjay & Garrett92C.

It seems some of the apps were indeed not purchased. Is there a way I can buy them from India? I do not have a US credit card
Old 09/16/2012, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm not sure.. I know there have been threads discussing it.. The US credit card thing has been a pain for non-launch countries.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sekhar1661
Old 02/25/2013, 02:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

hi this sekhar i new purchised palm pre plus ver hp web os 2.1.0 wi fi working web&emailes browising is good working but app catlog is not working please help me
sekhar1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 08:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Did you you sign in/create new Palm Profile?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2013, 08:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

I'm also having serious issues with my HP App Catalog, it keeps saying 'HP App Catalog Download Failed', what do I do?
Lynda Akuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2013, 09:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Did you make sure to set the date back to the current date? Just tossing out ideas.
Old 09/14/2013, 09:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

i had a similar problem a large portion of app cannot installed by app catalog;
today i installed WebOs 2.1 on a palm pre based on 1.4.5 and i cannot even update the catalog to HP catalog...the download end but at the moment of the installation said installation failed...
i controlled that the hour/date are ok...any idea?
sbrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2013, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Same problem here. I broke my Pre3. I have a Veer that I can use. I logged in to webOS account to get a restore and none of the apps will download restore properly - starting with the app catalog. I reset the Veer again thinking I'd just manually download my apps, but the app catalog still won't update properly.

Date/time stamps are okay. Something wrong with the app catalog download? It downloads fine, just does not install - Install failed. That's the same message I'm getting with all the other apps as well - download seems go go okay, but nothing will install.
Dawn Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2013, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

I ran into the same problem. The app catalog update trick doesn't seem to work anymore (that was quick!)

So I grabbed the .ipk with the App catalog DL patch.

Apply with QuickInstall (no need to roll back time).
Attached Files
File Type: zip com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.zip (13.2 KB, 225 views) Email Attachment
Brennan Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by lifeisfun, Sebike
Old 09/25/2013, 03:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan Rowe View Post
I ran into the same problem. The app catalog update trick doesn't seem to work anymore (that was quick!)

So I grabbed the .ipk with the App catalog DL patch.

Apply with QuickInstall (no need to roll back time).
This did the trick for me. Thanks, Brennan!
sTv0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2014, 11:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

i too have the same problem... i can't download any apps on my palm pixi plus.. after the completion of download it shows "installation failed"
i wan't to download many apps games... please help me
Sinduja Reddy Kalusani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2014, 04:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinduja Reddy Kalusani View Post
i too have the same problem... i can't download any apps on my palm pixi plus.. after the completion of download it shows "installation failed"
i wan't to download many apps games... please help me
Did you try to install the ipk from the post of Brennan Rowe and install it with Webos quick install?

Another way (if you are not familar with quick install and stuff):
Set the date of your device to 20th of July 2013. Then search for "app catalog update" in the App catalog and try to install that app.

If that worked, you can set the date back to normal and try again to install apps. It should work now.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2014, 12:04 AM   #18 (permalink)

I just doctored my Veer and had no end of problems trying to get the app catalog to update. I tried setting the date back which had worked in the past, using app tuckerbox which updated and appeared to work until a reboot.

I finally found this thread and installed the update the Brennan Rowe attached, rebooted and all is well again.

Ben
benh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2014, 01:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

I have a somewhat similar issue. My old touchpad failed quite some time ago. ( about 2 years ago) I finally got a refurbished TP and wanted to pick up where I left off. I entered my old palm profile user name and downloaded my old backup files only to have them all fail due to the app catalog certificate issue. Even the app catalog download failed. Not sure what I can do at this point. So far, I have registered as a new user so the app catalog updated just fine and I was able to install preware but it looks like I have to repurchase all my old apps. This really sucks as I had quite a bit invested in time and money. Any suggestions? I would really like to restore my old backup, if possible. Thanks in advance.
Moshe
moshe5368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2014, 11:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

You don't have to do that. Once you've done this https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate just restart your touchpad and your apps will download. I'm not sure what you meant about making a new one but if you're still on the first attempt where all of your apps are showing failed you should be ok to follow that link.

Tags
update error

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0