Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By boucles0
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    Starter allows you to launch several applications simultaneously to deliver all the power of WebOS multitasking.

With standard webOS 3.0.5, it wasn't possible to create stacks with apps launched by Starter. ( )

If you have installed webOS Community Edition (LunaCE), starting a group of applications from the launcher shortcut will stack automatically all cards as shown in the following video :

Watch video :

somehow add in starting apps on bootup and you will easily have 1 of the best new additions to webOS along with lunaCE itsself and the new weather dash app.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    grasshoper likes this.
    I noticed, but it would be sooo great to have cards automatically close on demand, to create groups with status bar widgets only.

You could add a timer for instance, which close cards in a certain amount of time. So we can calculate roughly how much time an apps needs to load its widget and set the timer accordingly.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Unless an app provides a specific interface to shut itself down, I don't believe there's a way that another app can force one to close.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Unless an app provides a specific interface to shut itself down, I don't believe there's a way that another app can force one to close.
    parent/child launched apps cant interact or kill one another?

That just sounds wrong.

Really, creating a spec for an app to implement so it can be instructed to close by the OS or another app seems reasonable to me.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/14/2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That just sounds wrong.

Really, creating a spec for an app to implement so it can be instructed to close by the OS or another app seems reasonable to me.
    as long as the app receiving a request to shutdown isnt forced to do so and must agree to its shutdown, or you could have dodgey apps, not that like thats a huge issue or worry atm tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i'm not positive, but i don't believe so.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    don't some apps have Exit buttons? maybe it's just PDK games that can exit themselves. either way, I agree, to make widget-apps more useful there needs to be a way to auto-start them and also to automatically close their cards once loaded.
    can they not just deny a card appearing in the first place, like a noWindow type of setting?
    Yes, it is possible to launch an app without a card, so that you can then open a dashboard or alert window with it, or a regular window at some later point.

The app does have to be set noWindow: true, and manage that stuff on it's own.

An app can force itself to close, but I am pretty sure that there's no way to cause app B to close from a call made in app A.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Then the only way would be contacting each devs separately and ask for the feature?

I mailed to the dev from 'fast entry', but he never replied to my request... It may finally be harder than to find a way to close apps from other apps :P
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner