1.    #1  
    Since CM9 doesn't have mic support, I have to use Skype through webOS. But I can't find this app in the HP app catalog, what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMCO View Post
    Since CM9 doesn't have mic support, I have to use Skype through webOS. But I can't find this app in the HP app catalog, what gives?
    Go to accounts app add Skype account?
    Go to phone app call using skype?
    More info plzzz, its not in there?
    Open your launcher, go to Settings tab.
    Press Accounts.
    Add an Account.
    Select Skype.
    Enter your name and password.
    Open Launcher, go to Apps tab.
    Press Phone & Video Calls.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by laaaag View Post
    More info plzzz, its not in there?
    Even though Sledge007 already answered the question to the OP about the Skyping situation in the WebOS TouchPad. Just wanted to add just a small facts to this post, the Skype application came pre-installed right into the synergy functionality of WebOS(meaning no installation required). It even comes with the older WebOS devices, except you can't video chat(only on the Palm Pre 3).

One question that has bug me forever, its the newly added Skype service that could allow you to chat with more than one person at a time. I heard that services supported includes: " Participating in conference calls", but that does that mean video conference calls too ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I was in a group chat on my phone (webOS 2.2.4) and Touchpad (webOS 3.0.5) and it worked fine, we were not using video though.
    Video over Skype works fine on both the Pre 3 and the Touchpad (resp. 2.2.4 / 3.0.5).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Video over Skype works fine on both the Pre 3 and the Touchpad (resp. 2.2.4 / 3.0.5).
    Was that video group chat? How many people in the group?

Normal video chat one to one I have done on the Pre3 and Touchpad work great... HP/Palm even demoed it a few times...
    I've even used screensharing from someone else to my Pre3.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Screen sharing? What?! Bi-directional or one-way? Never knew you could do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Screen sharing? What?! Bi-directional or one-way? Never knew you could do that!
    Probably one-way. If it was bidirectional someone would have figured it out and made a screen recorder app.
    One way. On the PC side, find the "Share Screen" drop down menu option. It starts up a regular video call, but instead of sending the camera input, it sends screen. Worked nicely for me to tell someone how to get something done, when I was an hour away from my computer. Wouldn't want to try to do it very often, though
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: