Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kayphoonstar
  1.    #1  
    The last several days Eweather and news is not updating......touchpad, veer, and pre2 all having same issue. I love this app, my choice for exhibition mode. Anyone else having this issue? Any help?
    I love it too! I think it's google blocking the feed. Try this from a browser and you'll see the error:

http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=94102

More info here:

Google Kills Weather API

I would love to see this updated! It is the best one I've seen (w/apologies to ingloriousapps' Dock).
    I'm glad I'm not alone in this issue and being disappointed its not working
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I love it too! I think it's google blocking the feed. Try this from a browser and you'll see the error:

http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=94102

More info here:

Google Kills Weather API

I would love to see this updated! It is the best one I've seen (w/apologies to ingloriousapps' Dock).
    Thanks for the info...i figured somdthing like that. Checking out all the other apps for exibition, alot come close, are ok, just dont quite get all the way there. Maybe should set up a thread or poll for favorite exhibition app and get some ideas....?
    I sent an e-mail to the developer via the app.
    same here. Any other exhibition weather app worth a darn? Although, truth be told, eWeather was quite pessimistic about rain...
    accuweather doesn't update on its own. Clear weather is just text.
    For me, weather dashboard hd isn't too bad but I wish the clock were larger. Glimpse is also okay - I have a digital clock on an upper tile and the weather on a lower tile.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    For me, weather dashboard hd isn't too bad but I wish the clock were larger. Glimpse is also okay - I have a digital clock on an upper tile and the weather on a lower tile.
    I just got weather dashboard hd, yes agree for touchpad it seems pretty nice. Then went to load on my pre2, and its a different version, so purchased it also......now realize the pre2 version does not support exhibition mode!....Grrrrrrrr.......

edit: ok on the pre2 version the notification banner of weather dashboard will show up in exhibition.
    I set exhibition to display flap clock 3000 (free), combined with the weather dashboard notification looks pretty darn good on the pre2 when on touchstone......!
    Last edited by rickeroo; 09/01/2012 at 01:51 PM.