• 1 Post By PalmPixi_User23
  • 3 Post By Astraware
  • 2 Post By yorxs
  • 1 Post By cbosdell
  • 1 Post By kkalogia
  • 1 Post By Astraware
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

We are happy to let you know that Astraware Word Games for HP TouchPad is now live on the App Catalog. Astraware Word Games is a pack containing 5 different games, each with 3 different modes and 3 difficulty settings, including a Daily mode where you can compete against other players worldwide.

More info on our product page here: Astraware Word Games for HP TouchPad.

Here are a few screen-shots!

Thanks for supporting webOS. Just bought a copy. Looks good as usual. Will have more of a play over the weekend.
    Happy to see this out, installed on the wifes TP last night and left the app cat page up, she loves word games so I can't wait to see what she thinks. I haven't had a chance to play it yet.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Just picked it up, and it looks great. I was worried this release was cancled, but now that I know there has been an extended outage in the App Catalog it is even more amazing that this came out.
    Astraware likes this.
    Yay the catalog is fixed! *goes searching for it*
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    been waiting for some decent word games on the touchpad! just purchased and will play around this weekend

thanks for continuing to support webos
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Just have to say, the wife played all the games and loved em all, very happy with the game.... I've been too busy to sit down and play it yet, but this one was more of her style game.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Astraware likes this.
  8.    #8  
    @OldSkoolVWLover: I'm happy to hear your wife likes the game.

Hopefully everybody who has bought a copy is enjoying it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraware View Post
    @OldSkoolVWLover: I'm happy to hear your wife likes the game.

Hopefully everybody who has bought a copy is enjoying it!
    I haven't even noticed that it was already out on the HP Catalog App Store, and now that I Know will be buying a copy over this weekend. I'm happy to hear, that Astraware has finally released the Application of "Word Games" for the HP TouchPad. Will like to hear about the company's future projects for the WebOS Platform, I will more games such as "Astraware Board Games". Sorry, I'm been a fan of checkers and chess and will like to see it come to HP TouchPad.

Thanks again for your continue support for WebOS.
    Cheers to you and Astraware staff.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Astraware likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I haven't even noticed that it was already out on the HP Catalog App Store, and now that I Know will be buying a copy over this weekend. I'm happy to hear, that Astraware has finally released the Application of "Word Games" for the HP TouchPad. Will like to hear about the company's future projects for the WebOS Platform, I will more games such as "Astraware Board Games". Sorry, I'm been a fan of checkers and chess and will like to see it come to HP TouchPad.

Thanks again for your continue support for WebOS.
    Cheers to you and Astraware staff.
    Hi, just to let you know that we have released a new game, Astraware Crosswords Deluxe (there is a separate thread here: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ords-fans.html)

At the moment the team is working on another word game. We may decide to release a board game app if enough people want it.
    Awesome another word game sounds good, and board games would be awesome too!
    You read my mind, I was just looking at games for the other devices and was wishing the board game suite would come out so I can play backgammon. I know there is a free one in the catalog but Astraware games just look so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    You read my mind, I was just looking at games for the other devices and was wishing the board game suite would come out so I can play backgammon. I know there is a free one in the catalog but Astraware games just look so much better.
    I'll second this request!
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Astraware has been supporting the webos and the TP for a long time and in a consistent way so i would like to thank them. Unfortunately i am outside of the US so i have no way of purchasing these apps. Although i live in Greece i have the US app catalog installed because the Greek one, and any other catalog for that matter, is extremely limited. So i am wondering, is there any way i can purchase Astraware's apps?

As for new suggestions, i would love a collection of mind games such as memory games, puzzles, etc. I have Spb Brain evolution on my old Palm treo 750 and it absolutely amazing, would love to see it on the TP. I would also love to purchase the Mahjong and the Sudoku games by Astraware but as i explained i have no legitimate way of doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkalogia View Post
    Astraware has been supporting the webos and the TP for a long time and in a consistent way so i would like to thank them. Unfortunately i am outside of the US so i have no way of purchasing these apps. Although i live in Greece i have the US app catalog installed because the Greek one, and any other catalog for that matter, is extremely limited. So i am wondering, is there any way i can purchase Astraware's apps?

As for new suggestions, i would love a collection of mind games such as memory games, puzzles, etc. I have Spb Brain evolution on my old Palm treo 750 and it absolutely amazing, would love to see it on the TP. I would also love to purchase the Mahjong and the Sudoku games by Astraware but as i explained i have no legitimate way of doing so.
    Since you have US app cat, technically you can, but you need a US CC (can get prepaid)... Not sure on all the steps but there are threads on the forums about doing this, and where to get a CC that will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Since you have US app cat, technically you can, but you need a US CC (can get prepaid)... Not sure on all the steps but there are threads on the forums about doing this, and where to get a CC that will work.
    OldSkoolVWLover thx for the reply. I have actually read this somewhere else, i think it was a comment made by you. I will look into this, although to be honest i was hoping for an easier, more immediate way. But it is better not to discuss it further on this thread since the focus here is on Astraware. I would like to hear an opinion from Astraware though.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraware View Post
    Hi, just to let you know that we have released a new game, Astraware Crosswords Deluxe (there is a separate thread here: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ords-fans.html)

At the moment the team is working on another word game. We may decide to release a board game app if enough people want it.
    Thanks for your reply (Mr/Mrs staff from Astraware team), and I appreciate to hear that Astraware is continuing to develop more games in the future. I'm positively wishing that those development new efforts will go to the WebOS platform, as well. I can't wait to see more from Astraware.

And about the supply and demand for a board game for the Palm TouchPad, I think that the very response from this very forum members speaks all by itself. Please, bring more board games to the TouchPad

Thanks again to you and the staff at Astraware...
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkalogia View Post
    OldSkoolVWLover thx for the reply. I have actually read this somewhere else, i think it was a comment made by you. I will look into this, although to be honest i was hoping for an easier, more immediate way. But it is better not to discuss it further on this thread since the focus here is on Astraware. I would like to hear an opinion from Astraware though.
    Hi kkalogia, you are not the first one to raise this issue and trust me, it isn't that we don't want to make the game available to you and people outside the US/Europe. We have set up the game so that it is available for all the countries where HP allows paid apps. I'm afraid there isn't much more we can do from our end!
    dignitary likes this.