Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theone-cze
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have made apps for both Microsoft's SkyDrive and SugarSync cloud based storage systems. They are both available now in the store.

TouchPad SkyDrive

TouchPad SkyDrive let's you access SkyDrive from your HP TouchPad tablet. With this application you can access your SkyDrive content from your TouchPad in an easy to use user-interface. You can download files from your SkyDrive. Upload Files to your SkyDrive. Note: Please see supported formats of SkyDrive below. You can also create new folders, rename folders and files ,and delete folders and files. In addition, you can view file and folder information. Internet connection is required for this application as well as Microsoft Live Account. Version: 1.0.1 * Stores a refresh token for automatic re-login. * Some corrections and clarifications in the help-screen. SkyDrive supports these formats at the moment: .3g2 .3gp .ai .bmp .chm .doc .docm .docx .dot .dotx .epub .gif .jpeg .jpg .mp4 .one .pdf .png .pot .potm .potx .pps .ppsm .ppsx .ppt .pptm .pptx .psd .tif .tiff .txt .xls .xlsb .xlsm .xlsx TouchPad SkyDrive is not a Microsoft Product.

SkyDrive app is $1.29

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ding.tskydrive

TouchPad SugarSync

TouchPad SugarSync let's you access SugarSync from your HP TouchPad tablet. With this application you can access your SugarSync content from your TouchPad in an easy to use user-interface. You can download files* from your SugarSync. *NOTE: Currently you can only download two files at a time, after which the application will self restart before the third download and will load the last viewed folder. Upload Files to your SugarSync. You can also create new folders, and delete folders and files. In addition, you can view file and folder information. Internet connection is required for this application as well as SugarSync Account.

SugarSync App is $.99(for now at least)

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ing.tsugarsync

Questions? Commetns? Please feel free to leave them below. Problems with the apps please contact me at Manas.coding (at) gmail.com

Thank You
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by theone-cze View Post
    TouchPad SkyDrive is not a Microsoft Product.
    Even though Touchpad SkyDrive isn't a Microsoft product, you're kinda using their trademarked name in the name of your app. Same for SugarSync. If you don't have written, notarized permission from those companies to be using your trademarks, well, you'd better get it soon. Just because the apps got into the App Catalog, it doesn't mean use of the trademark itself is legal.

There's a reason why third-party apps aren't called "iPhone Dropbox" or "Samsung Galaxy SIII Pandora" (as silly as that last one sounds)...those apps eventually get a cease and desist--and a court date with a large dollar amount for damages attached for the app itself and every single copy sold if they don't comply with a name change or pull the app for good--once lawyers do their twice-a-year trawl through Google and Bing looking for apps named specifically like this.

Microsoft is a great example of company that's insanely thorough about protecting its intellectual property. Trawl Lexis-Nexis sometime and you'll see they don't mess around with unauthorized use of their trademarks at all.

As I've said to many a webOS developer that's tried to use another company's name or another company's service name as part of their application name without explicit permission, you should really be passing your proposed app names by lawyers who have far more experience than you to get legal OK before releasing them. Sometimes they'll check with the company's legal department for OK, check trademark databases, etc...

It's just not worth making 70% per copy of a $1.29 app on a webOS app when you stand to lose far more without that peace of mind. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by dignitary; 08/13/2012 at 11:11 PM.
    Unfortunatey i live in Indonesia, and cannot buy anything in HP App Catalogue, is there any alternative ways for me to buy your app via paypal?
    Great!

Can you release some version to PrPrPr $3$?

If yes, I'll gonna buy both 2 times, to my TP & PrPrPr $3$!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)