Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By josephandrews222
  1.    #1  
    ...both of my Touchpads received a notification that an update from the HP App store was available for Splashtop Remote HD; on both of these devices, the update refuses to download and strange messages are supplied as the reason--1. 'not a valid webOS device' (huh?); and, one other time 2. 'not enough space'...which isn't true as both devices have 10GB available.

The HP App store folks say it is Splashtop's fault; the Splashtop folks say that the HP App store has been flaky lately.

Help!
    Have you install any other OS on your devices?

My update installed fine this morning.

You should look at these
    download failed -clear space usb

"Not Enough Space to Download" after 3.0.4

[ERROR] "cp: write error: No space left on device"
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Have you install any other OS on your devices?

My update installed fine this morning.

You should look at these
    download failed -clear space usb

"Not Enough Space to Download" after 3.0.4

[ERROR] "cp: write error: No space left on device"
    ...drove a VW until, literally, a wheel fell off. Loved it.

I followed one of the sets of instructions in the links you provided but still get the other message immediatedly when clicking on the 'FREE' button at the HP App Store Splashtop Remote site: 'This is not a webOS app'.

But just now, I downloaded a different app (successfully)...then went back to the Splashtop Remote Desktop HD...and it worked.

But there is something going on with the HP App site...our other Touchpad's Splashtop App update is acting up, too.

I will do my best to report back but for now the updated app, on one of our Touchpads, is now working.
    Good luck, wish I could be more help... I updated like 6 apps this morning on my TP, didn't try the wifes, but she doesn't have splashtop (I don't think).

It does seem like they pushed a lot of updates though, so maybe the servers are acting up.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Good luck, wish I could be more help... I updated like 6 apps this morning on my TP, didn't try the wifes, but she doesn't have splashtop (I don't think).

It does seem like they pushed a lot of updates though, so maybe the servers are acting up.
    VWLover: I had two--a '65 and a '74. The '74 was orange--God I loved that car.

Thanks for your responses. I have now updated both of our Touchpads with the latest version of Splashtop...something strange was going on but all is well now.

Not boasting (in fact it may indicate something akin to stupidity) we own 3 Sprint Pres (2 activated) and 2 Pixis (inactivated)...about half a dozen phone touchstones...2 Touchpads...and exactly 4 Touchpad Touchstones.

I sure wish someone would fix the audio bug in the Touchpad.

Earlier this week I ordered a Verizon Pre2 and would like to consider the FrankenPre process...after it arrives I will need some help...when attempting to repair my daughter's Pre last year, I broke the flex cable.

I have some experience repairing laptops and did replace the digitizer/LCD screen on my wife's Samsung Instinct...but in my hands, the Pre is tough.

I read this forum every day. Thanks.
    Last edited by josephandrews222; 07/27/2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: ...silly Touchpad autocorrect
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Glad you got it squared away!