webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > SynerGV - Google Voice (formerly GVoice)
SynerGV - Google Voice (formerly GVoice)
Like Tree1Likes

Old 07/23/2012, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Greetings, everyone! Those of you who already have GVoice most likely already know, but:

GVoice is now known as SynerGV, and version 2 - a complete re-write - is available for the TouchPad, adding Messaging integration to the mix, as well as several more new features.

Version 1 will continue to be supported until such time as it is possible to move the new version to other platforms - likely starting with webOS 2. webOS 1 does not have the Synergy messaging functions that webOS 2+ has, and therefore will not see the v2 update unless in the future, we go forward with building v2 so that it can be used outside of webOS.

v2 has tight integration with many features special to webOS 2+: Just Type, Tap2Share, Synergy, and a lot of internal things that have been built specifically to take advantage of webOS features that I was not aware of or knew how to use when I wrote v1.

I do hope to do a phone release for v2 in the not very distant future, but as is -- certain components that are required to operate, are only available in webOS v3+. I'm not entirely certain how much work it will take to make these functions compatible with webOS v2. I've seen several accesses on the website from people launching it on 2, presumably using App Tuckerbox -- all you will get is the app hanging at the point where it tries to find the accounts. If (or when) I have it working on phones, there will certainly be an update, and I will extend the special offer that I extended for the last 20 days to get v2 at a significant discount for existing v1 owners.

If you purchase v1 on a TouchPad now, you will be able to In-App Purchase v2 at a half-price discount, so the total price paid for each would be the same price as purchasing v2 outright.

Those who have pre-purchased v2 via the existing In-App Purchase, I am sending promo codes out to you via Google Voice. It will take a few days to send them all out, as Google is throttling my outgoing messages to a handful per hour (this, I guess, is what happens when you send out 50 messages in bulk, and only receive a couple back in reply). Please be patient, and if I have received your receipt, you should receive a code by the end of this week. I will post a message in this thread when promo codes have been sent to all the people I have received receipt information from. If you do not receive your promo code by that time in your Google Voice inbox, then please contact me with your receipt information ,and I will make sure that gets taken care of.

Support and info site: | SynerGV

Of course, you are welcome to ask questions here, as well.

Thank you so much for all your support over the past year.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 07/24/2012, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

BTW, existing users, I have submitted a price update to the In-App Purchase for 2.49, but it's still coming up at 1.49, so now might be your last chance to get the extra dollar discount, until someone wakes up at HQ tomorrow and approves the price change.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 07/24/2012, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Somehow in all the GVoice upgradence, the ver on my TP pooched! An upgrade notification came in when you started your new version prep and i picked update - it got an error. I tried a few more times and it errored each time. Then I tried to remove and reinstall it and that errored - a few times. So now every time I reboot my TP I get a GVoice download error. After all that, I tried deleting specific folders via Internalz with no success. I have a GVoice triangle exclimation point icon that still won't delete. Is there a manual way to fix this up?
AMR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/24/2012, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Go to Settings->Software Manager, tap on the yellow mark next to GVoice, and select Don't Download. If there is a version that is still on your TouchPad, then that should allow you to use that. You'll probably need to contact HP as far as the download issues go, though -- not much of anything I can do on my end there, other than contact support on your behalf, but it'd probably work out better if you did it.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 07/25/2012, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have it and it's awesome. Makes GV integration similar to android: seamless.
kill_dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2012, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hey guys! It took a few days, but all of the people that I received receipts from via Google Voice should have received their promo codes for SynerGV 2, as of a few minutes ago. If you have not received your promo code, please check your Google Voice inbox for messages from 9519993267 (951-99-WEBOS ) and if you don't see it hiding in there anywhere, please open SynerGV 1, tap the App Menu in the upper left hand corner, and select "Receipt" from the menu. After a brief wait, you should receive a popup message with your purchase receipt information. Please email me at blade.eric@gmail.com that receipt number, if you have not received a promo code yet from the pre-purchase drive.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 07/31/2012, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok. Stupid question. I read that we are able to send SMS through google voice and SynerGV 2. First, Can this be done with only a google voice lite account? Second, if it can be done with a lite account how do you send an SMS through SynerGV 2? I use just type to get to the person I want to message, click the IM number, write a message in the TP message app, it reports as sent, I then go back to the SynerGV2 app and it won't load accounts, shows a bunch of error code, it won't load unless I go back the message app and delete the message I just wrote. I hope all this is making sense.
jkromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2012, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

"Lite" account? I've seen a Sprint account where there is no messaging or phone forwarding ability, so I'm guessing that it's only use is for voicemail - is that what we're talking about? I suspect that if that is the case, I'm probably not dealing with some kind of error message properly, since I've never been able to login to an account like that to test it.

If your account can't send messages from the web interface, then it can't send messages from any other interface, either. (you could get a regular voice account though) If it can, then let's get together and figure out how to make this work? email is blade.eric@gmail.com
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 08/01/2012, 07:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

After installing SynerGV on my touchpad, I noticed that the TouchPad becomes unresponsive periodically for a second or two. Touch events are being buffered, so when it becomes responsive again it catches up. Can the background service be causing this? Am I the only one with this issue? If so it may mean it/s time for the Doctor.
Old 08/01/2012, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hmm. I haven't really encountered that to any noticeable degree, although I could see something like that being the case if you have an absolutely huge inbox.

If you set the sync time to something longer or shorter, does the problem adjust in frequency? That would be a good indicator.

The best performance is most likely obtained if you have Sync Outgoing off, Mark Synced Messages Read on, Sync to Inbox rather than Unread off.

Also, due to a bug that I've fixed, which HP is having some problems with getting through the approval process, performance may degrade over a length of time, eventually reaching a point where the service fails to work. Tests show that with a 1 minute timer running, that length of time was a bit over a week, so hopefully we'll have that update out that will fix it within the next day. If not, it can be fixed by removing the account, uninstall the app, reinstall the app, and re-add the account. (or if you're command line savvy, rm /cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.ericblade.synergv.service/*.txt )

The fix for this does seem to make syncing in general a little bit faster, as it properly cleans up it's temporary parsing data. I hope that a future update will be able to do it without storing temp data, but the memory implications there may be a problem. Part of why the TouchPad is so much faster in Syn 1 than Pre3, appears to be due to the amount of memory required to process the messages.

SO, I would hold off from doctoring, adjust the time delays and settings, see if that makes any difference, hopefully we'll get that update in the catalog today or tomorrow, and if it is a SynerGV problem, that'll fix it, I hope.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 08/01/2012, 02:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The "Lite" Google Voice accounts are not able to use the texting features of Google Voice - not much that I can do about that, but I will see if I can at least detect it and act appropriately when detected.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 08/20/2012, 04:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well, I did the pre-purchase, but the upgrade never happened, still on V1.... :-(
pjtait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2012, 04:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtait View Post
Well, I did the pre-purchase, but the upgrade never happened, still on V1.... :-(
email or IM me your purchase receipt # (app menu->Receipt) and your GV number, and I'll search to make sure I've sent the promo code out for v2, or if not, I'll get you one. Also send your app catalog country if it's not US.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 12/06/2012, 02:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

I've been trying synergv2 on my pre 3, and I realize this is unsupported but I have a question.

My phone rebooted and over the next 24 hours It didn't seem to sync until I opened up the synergv app, at which point I got all my text messages. Do you have to load up synergv every time the phone starts up for the sync to work?

Also, is there a way to not sync messages at all to my local phone? I want my outbound messages to sync, but internal I'd prefer just to forward my texts from google voice.

Overall, excellent app. I recently moved back from an android to a pre 3 as my primary phone,, and with my primary phone number being a google voice number, this has been a savior.
dbodner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 03:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
I've been trying synergv2 on my pre 3, and I realize this is unsupported but I have a question.

My phone rebooted and over the next 24 hours It didn't seem to sync until I opened up the synergv app, at which point I got all my text messages. Do you have to load up synergv every time the phone starts up for the sync to work?

Also, is there a way to not sync messages at all to my local phone? I want my outbound messages to sync, but internal I'd prefer just to forward my texts from google voice.

Overall, excellent app. I recently moved back from an android to a pre 3 as my primary phone,, and with my primary phone number being a google voice number, this has been a savior.
I've actually been meaning to mention this somewhere. This is happening on my TPs as well as my pre 3. Until the last update ( I think that was when this happened ) I would get notifications w/o any issue. Now i have to force a check. I'm not a really frequent texter so I haven't been freaking out but i went ahead and re installed GVv1 which also seems more 'spotty' with notifications than it used to be, but at least they show up. Any chance its conflicting w/ LunaCE? Any thing to try?
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 04:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hey there. I haven't heard of it happening on touchpads, but you can certainly try turning off Messaging on the SynerGV account, exiting the Accounts app, then goign back in and turning it back on. That should reset all of the settings.

I don't know what's causing it on the phones. I think maybe the Activity Manager is sufficiently different enough that things don't work the same way. Possibly i'm using something that was fixed in webOS 3, that didn't work right in webOS 2. I know that whenever I attempt to duplicate it and watch what's going on (or not going on) everything works properly.

umm.. as far as not syncing incoming messages go .. how do you envision that working?
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Thanked By: kayphoonstar
Old 12/13/2012, 09:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thanks. Trying your sugestion seemed to work on the touchpad.
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 10:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

If it breaks again let me know via pm I sometimes miss thread updates with my busy work schedule :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 01/13/2013, 02:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

Can this app be used for visual voicemail on AT&T pre 3
redrum0036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 08:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Any chance for eventual VOIP functionality through Google Voice?
Hoog is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0