Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I've gotten a notice through preware that there is an update for Splashtop remote desktop HD for TouchPad from version 1.1.2 to 1.3.0 but when I go to update it through HP app catalog is get the message "This is not a valid HP webOS application".

Do I just have to wait for it to reach the catalog?

Updated in preware on July 17th, 2012 and it's now July 18th.
    I just erased my Touchpad traying to fix my google contacts. That part worked but, I could not download Splashtop.

I recieved this message from HP App Catalog "The application is not currently available. Please try again later"

Is it a matter of time...? wait for it to be available?
    Weird, seems to be pulled from the catalog. I've updated two days ago to St 1.3 without a problem.
    Hope someone can tell us why it has been pulled.
    interestingly splashtop camcam is gone too. If there hadn't just been an update to remote desktop, I'd assume they just threw in the towel on webOS. I have no idea what to make of this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Is there a way to start backing up the .ipkg files I buy so when a company pulls it, I don't lose what I paid for?

I'm nervous to update because of this.
  6.    #6  
    I opened a ticket with SplashTop and they got back to me today.

Due to the new ST2 streamer they need to make some security fixes on the webOS client apps and expect to publish the updated versions next week.
    That's odd, as I've found that both the 1.1.2 version of the webos app and the briefly-present 1.3.0 update version work fine with the 2.0.0.4 streamer. Pulling the app altogether seems pretty drastic, but at this point I guess I'll have to accept that explanation.

It's great that at least one company is still updating their webOS apps.

I just hope that the new version doesn't break the somewhat strange way I'm using SplashTop at a client site - I've got virtual machines running the very odd resolution of 768x704, which fits perfectly on a TouchPad in portrait mode with the size-S keyboard below.
    Quote Originally Posted by trillexer View Post
    Is there a way to start backing up the .ipkg files I buy so when a company pulls it, I don't lose what I paid for?

App Tuckerbox.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    App Tuckerbox.
    You've lost me there. I just thought App Tuckerbox enabled me to download from different feeds. How does one use it to save .ipkgs?

This would be quite a new feature for me, and a good one at that!
    Quote Originally Posted by trillexer View Post

you could use ShiftyAxel's WiFi Sharing app to make a share/shortcut to your /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications folder and can just copy the apps folder to somewhere safe, and if you dont use/have apptucker you can just use that method to xfer apps from your phone/touchpad or other way round, handy stuffing touchpad HD apps on your pre devices.

or pester shifty to include some form of "backup app to pc/remote share" ability in his already awesome wifi/samba app

his apps already amazingly handy when combined with the enyo drive mapper app.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    example to backup to PC via PC or InternalZ.

On PC make a share somewhere called webOS-backup available to user group "everyone", ie: F:\Backups\webOS-Apps.

on your Touchpad or Pre device, run the enyo drive mapper app.

Enter required fields, ie:
    Display Name: WebOS-Winblows-Backup
    Drive Path: 192.168.0.1\webOS-backup
    Mount to Folder: shares/winblows

Save without adding anything else and tap the newly added Winblows profile, you should see a blue tick.

install Shifty's Wifi app and edit its config (/opt/etc/samba/smb.conf) and add the following.

[Applications]
    comment = Apps
    path = /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    writable = yes
    browseable = yes
    guest ok = yes

save the changes/addition and launch shifty's app

now you can use your PC to access your touchpad/pre's new share called applications, browse the required app you want via its folder, and can copy this direct to your PC's share.

or because of your enyo driver mappers new profile you can use InternalZ to copy the required app folder to /media/internal/shares/winblows and the folder should wing its way to your backup folder on the pc, in this example that was F:\Backups\webOS-Apps

thats 2 easyish methods i use atm for backups.

i might have messed up 1 or 2 instructions/examples in this, i tried doing it from memory, so forgive any glaring mistakes, also the examples given would require a webOS device with CIFS sharing, shifty's wifi app, and the enyo drive mapper app.

probably other ways to do it, but thats how i roll currently, guru's feel free to fix any mistakes i made.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    That's odd, as I've found that both the 1.1.2 version of the webos app and the briefly-present 1.3.0 update version work fine with the 2.0.0.4 streamer. Pulling the app altogether seems pretty drastic, but at this point I guess I'll have to accept that explanation.

It's great that at least one company is still updating their webOS apps.

I just hope that the new version doesn't break the somewhat strange way I'm using SplashTop at a client site - I've got virtual machines running the very odd resolution of 768x704, which fits perfectly on a TouchPad in portrait mode with the size-S keyboard below.
    It might be that they are implementing the v2 security system, I haven't actually tried 1.3 on my streamers yet. :-S
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  13.    #13  
    Splastop Remote HD 1.3.1 is now in the app catalog and available for update.
    yep, they must have found some bug in 1.3.0 that alarmed them so much that they pulled the app until they could get 1.3.1 out.

Splashtop Cam Cam is back too, at version 1.1.1 release July 23rd.

I guess all is well with Splashtop for webOS!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Long story -- but I'm having trouble with my touchpad, so can someone tell me what the current price is for Splashtop? Is it still $4.99? I can't even find that info on the Splashtop website.

Also, if anyone has tried the new v. 1.3.1 - anything new or better?

Thanks in advance! ~ Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by awriter View Post
    Long story -- but I'm having trouble with my touchpad, so can someone tell me what the current price is for Splashtop? Is it still $4.99? I can't even find that info on the Splashtop website.

Also, if anyone has tried the new v. 1.3.1 - anything new or better?

Thanks in advance! ~ Lisa
    Splashtop 2 uses a different (new) log-in system on their own servers. Instead of depending on a gmail address, you create a user account directly through Splashtop. It also now offers Password Protection for those who wish to have a password required every time they log into the computer as an extra level of protection.

I'm not sure what the current sale price is right now, but the 'Regular' price for the new Splashtop Desktop HD is $19.99. For new users, it looks like they went to a yearly subscription service ($9.99), or you can pay $0.99/month. If you are an original Splashtop user and recently upgraded to Splashtop 2, you get a FREE, lifetime subscription to Anywhere Access (a $9.99/year value)! All you have to do is launch the app and click “Upgrade Now.”

Splashtop explains all of the differences between old and new services on their website: HERE
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/29/2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Splashtop 2uses a different (new) log-in system on their own servers.
    Thank you, but I'm not interested in Splashtop 2, just the original whose new version is 1.3.1

I understand there is a subscription for Splashtop 2 -- but not for the original version, so my question still stands: What is the current price in the App Catalog and is there anything really different in 1.3 that isn't already in 1.2?
    Sorry I wasn't clearer... my overall point was that the original version is no longer offered or supported - hence Splashtop 2. You may be able to install a version of the original from somewhere, but the site will not support it and will force the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The original version is no longer offered or supported - hence Splashtop 2. You may be able to install a version of the original from somewhere, but the site will not support it and will force the upgrade.
    LOL -- we seem to be speaking past each other in the same language. I have the latest desktop version on my PC, and version 1.2 on my touchpad. Although the desktop has a place to sign in to splashtop 2 (and a place for creating a password) -- it also clearly states that sign-ins and passwords are ONLY for ST2 and are NOT necessary at all for version 1.2.

Nor am I being 'forced' to upgrade to SP2 at all. I'm actually being offered to upgrade -- if I like -- to version 1.3.1. If you are saying that 1.3.1 IS SP2, then I will ignore the upgrade choice and stick with what I have now, which works perfectly.

Thanks!
    LOL... gotcha now. For some reason I was missing the fact that you already have it. Sorry - its been a long week.

Since that's the case, just keep using it while it works. Because they are moving away from their current log-in over to the new servers, you may have no choice but to upgrade down the line. Yes, version 1.3.1 is SP2. Since you already have an account through SP, upgrading is free and you will get the lifetime log-in for the service for Free. So why not just upgrade? If you don't upgrade - I'd be interested if they do force users down the line to move their accounts over to the new SP2.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast