webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Caveman HD (v1.0) - now available for TouchPad!
Caveman HD (v1.0) - now available for TouchPad!
Like Tree20Likes

Old 12/10/2012, 07:19 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardiri View Post
any users out there still playing caveman? i have an update - just wondering if i should spend the time to submit it or not.. check out a cool new feature i just added. - i am sure many will just want this update for this feature:

CAVEMAN HD - explosion implementation in version 1.2.3+ - YouTube
if their improvements related to speed or tapping things onscreen more accurately etc then yeah, will eagerly watch yt clip after work.

either way, any updates for us are good
Old 12/10/2012, 03:35 PM   #82 (permalink)

I haven't played it in awhile; I got to the point where it seemed more tedious than fun (somewhere around halfway through the final bunch of levels), and moved on to other diversions. Wouldn't mind having an update to rekindle a little interest though.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2012, 07:08 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
any users out there still playing caveman? i have an update - just wondering if i should spend the time to submit it or not.. check out a cool new feature i just added. - i am sure many will just want this update for this feature:

Looked for Caveman on Veer?

FYI Caveman 1.2.3 works fine on Veer, PrePlus, Pre2, Pre3, and touchpad, HD 1.2.1, also works well on all these devices, would love to see the better graphics...

Can you update Caveman to Veer...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 01:24 PM   #84 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:

I just want to be honest...

I'm late to the TouchPad game so maybe it's a fresher perspective.

I never heard of Caveman until this thread surfaced to the top of the forum so I went and looked at the game.

I downloaded Caveman HD Lite to test the game. I played it last night. I devoted time specifically to do so.

Reason being that I want to support Developers who are actively updating and maintaining Apps for webOS and am considering purchasing the full version.

It is a fun enough game, there seems to be adequate puzzle solving skill needed from the one non-tutorial screen which was available in the Lite version. As a consumer I would welcome updates if I had purchased the full version, that should not need to be asked. The answer is obviously yes - update me, Mr Dev, it shows you are still here and care about your work. It makes me care even more for your App.

Here's the sticking point. The honesty.

I'm sure it's a lot of work to make an App, to maintain it (bug fixes, answering queries, etc...) and more work to create updates. I do appreciate that it is effort that deserves reward. I'm not sure of the price point. $4.99 for a game (no matter how clever and/or slick looking) is a hard to justify expenditure (to me, anyway) for what amounts to a time waster.

A vital piece of productivity ware, something that accomplishes a business or personal need, fills a niche in functionality that is lacking commands higher prices and usually gets them. But at the end of the day, your product is a game and, while satisfying on many levels, will always fall into the realm of want, not that of need.

I'm still considering a purchase, but that price doesn't make it so attractive. I just thought I'd offer the courtesy of explaining that your sales might be flagging for that reason. I want to support you, but it has slipped down the priority list a place or two.

You might be missing the underlying reason you asked the question you felt you had to ask: "any users out there still playing caveman?"

It's your right to price your work as you see fit. No one can argue against that right. I'm just adding my own perspective as to why you may not be seeing a lot of downloads of your App, might not be able to ascertain that there is still a user base out there...

RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 01:27 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
You might be missing the underlying reason you asked the question you felt you had to ask: "any users out there still playing caveman?"
to be fair the quote could say webOS instead of caveman and still hold relevance.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 12/12/2012, 02:02 PM   #86 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
to be fair the quote could say webOS instead of caveman and still hold relevance.
Very true...

And even as a consumer who frequents this board it is hard to know which Apps are still actively supported and which are not. I try to research a bit. We sort of have the same problem as the needlessly overcrowded App markets. Separating the useful from the defunct. Ours is not a conflict of too many to choose from, but rather a question of product freshness.

That's a struggle from both sides. Customers want to purchase Apps with a chance of being supported. Heck, even the free ones for that matter. I don't relish the thought of downloading/installing dead Apps that will never get updated even if they are free. Developers want to attract users (purchases).

How do we sort the good (active) from the bad (abandoned)???

Granted, some things still just work without update. The staples. But even then the FAQ is here on this board and it falls to users to answer those frequently asked questions because the developer is absent.

What about the kid in Bolivia who saved up all his pennies and got a used Pixi +. He doesn't know this forum is here and he needs advice help with an App. He tries to contact the dev through whatever was left in the App Cat for info with no response. Makes for a poor experience...

I'm digressing. But thanks, geekpeter, you've given me a new thread idea.
Old 12/12/2012, 02:22 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Very true...

And even as a consumer who frequents this board it is hard to know which Apps are still actively supported and which are not. I try to research a bit. We sort of have the same problem as the needlessly overcrowded App markets. Separating the useful from the defunct. Ours is not a conflict of too many to choose from, but rather a question of product freshness.

That's a struggle from both sides. Customers want to purchase Apps with a chance of being supported. Heck, even the free ones for that matter. I don't relish the thought of downloading/installing dead Apps that will never get updated even if they are free. Developers want to attract users (purchases).

How do we sort the good (active) from the bad (abandoned)???

Granted, some things still just work without update. The staples. But even then the FAQ is here on this board and it falls to users to answer those frequently asked questions because the developer is absent.

What about the kid in Bolivia who saved up all his pennies and got a used Pixi +. He doesn't know this forum is here and he needs advice help with an App. He tries to contact the dev through whatever was left in the App Cat for info with no response. Makes for a poor experience...

I'm digressing. But thanks, geekpeter, you've given me a new thread idea.
even with heaps of apps available like on android and the fruitpad, a huge problem of the app markets on both those sides is that even with heaps and heaps of apps, finding anything of use is amazingly difficult, unless you know the app you want by an exact name or similar, most of what i tend to find is by accident or from mentions on forums.

Even when i do find something tho on the other 2 OS's its rare i continue to use them (again netflix and tvcatchup are the only 2 i frequently use, tho the pre3 works fine using tvcatchups mobile site). Basically 1 day i hope if webOS does mutate into something more, then i hope the one thing it can magically somehow improve upon over the competition is the app catalogue. Something that innovates and stands out, rather than mimicks, i understand ofc thats probably quite hard to accomplish.
Old 12/12/2012, 07:43 PM   #88 (permalink)

great to hear guys!

i updated caveman / caveman lite to 1.2.3 - but i had problems with caveman hd for some reason, will try it again when i am back from my trip to toronto canada - seems the update process complains the ID is in use, tried it twice, it has happened before and leaving it a few days makes it work. weird stuff

it doesn't take us much effort to add a new build for webos; but, if no-one is using the platform anymore - thats the reason why i asked. but, seems we still have a little buzzing community here the update for 1.2.3 from 1.2.1 includes:

Code:
- version number to 1.2.3
- do not show tools (on toolbar) that are not available in a level
- implementation of "classic" particle explosion for retro goodness
- bugfix: should not show tutorial overlay on non-tutorial levels (repeat)
still; better than nothing! the explosions are the coolest update.. nothing like nuking those little buggers :P
ardiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 07:49 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Reason being that I want to support Developers who are actively updating and maintaining Apps for webOS and am considering purchasing the full version.
well; we have been updating it

Code:
2012-12-09 - version 1.2.3
2012-08-27 - version 1.2.1
2012-08-14 - version 1.2.0
2012-07-31 - version 1.1.1
2012-07-22 - version 1.1
2012-07-07 - version 1.0
that's just for the second half of 2012 (6 updates in 6 months).. must not forget the app was originally released in 2010 (version 0.9.x) - so i think we've kept the promise of updating the application. whenever we have an improvement, we push it out to all platforms.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 12/12/2012, 08:19 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
well; we have been updating it

Code:
2012-12-09 - version 1.2.3
2012-08-27 - version 1.2.1
2012-08-14 - version 1.2.0
2012-07-31 - version 1.1.1
2012-07-22 - version 1.1
2012-07-07 - version 1.0
that's just for the second half of 2012 (6 updates in 6 months).. must not forget the app was originally released in 2010 (version 0.9.x) - so i think we've kept the promise of updating the application. whenever we have an improvement, we push it out to all platforms.
Looked for Caveman on Veer?

FYI Caveman 1.2.3 works fine on Veer, PrePlus, Pre2, Pre3, and touchpad, HD 1.2.1, also works well on all these devices, would love to see the better graphics...

Can you update Caveman to Veer...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 09:41 PM   #91 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Yep... Frequency of updates is one of the things I look for when App shopping.
Old 12/12/2012, 10:52 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:

Lemmings mode? Yes, please!
Matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 07:01 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_H View Post
Lemmings mode? Yes, please!
try using the code:

today (13th December) - and you'll get a little easter egg.
Old 12/13/2012, 11:45 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
try using the code:

today (13th December) - and you'll get a little easter egg.
UTC time. I've tried codes before when it's valid in my time zone, but not in UTC.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 04:15 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
UTC time. I've tried codes before when it's valid in my time zone, but not in UTC.
alternatively; just set the date manually for a little while *g*
Old 08/14/2013, 02:40 PM   #96 (permalink)

Sorry, I'm French and my english is really poor. I'm blocked at level 29 in Caveman, an easy One. But after I've done it, il return to precedent level. I'never go to Insane. Ther is a bug but I don't anderstand your explanation to fix it. Could you explain me how to do in very simple words?
Thanks a Lot!
Josamika
Josamika is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0