Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I doctored my Touchpad last night and all my apps re downloaded except A.B. HD.
    It just keeps saying Download failed.
    Is anyone else having issues downloading it?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    It did happen to me. I ended up having to delete it and buying it. It then downloaded. It happened to me after the change to app catalog for that tax change in Europe. I am not sure if that was the reason why, it just happened at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by darth_luigi View Post
    I doctored my Touchpad last night and all my apps re downloaded except A.B. HD.
    It just keeps saying Download failed.
    Is anyone else having issues downloading it?
    Yep, me too. Doctored about a week ago and have been unable to download this app. All other apps are fine.
    Me too, had to doctor my TP because of a WiFi issue, when I got it running again angry birds had flown and also a chess hd game (only bought it 2 weeks ago) The chess game is no longer in the catalogue and it won't download from app tuckerbox (palm feeds) just says that it is not a webOS app....very odd. Would love to know if either can be recovered,
    thanks
    Last edited by johnjaycee; 07/16/2012 at 04:45 AM.
    Same here in Germany
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    same here. My TP bricked and went to HP for repair. Angry Birds is the only app that hasn't reinstalled. Strangely, Angry Birds Rio worked just fine.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkromero View Post
    It did happen to me. I ended up having to delete it and buying it. It then downloaded. It happened to me after the change to app catalog for that tax change in Europe. I am not sure if that was the reason why, it just happened at the same time.
    I've tried that now and it didn't work.
    I even rebooted a couple of times to see if that did anything.
    Angry Birds HD isn't free any more. Since it was a free app, it was never added to your webos account as a "purchased" app. Now that it's no longer free, you lose it if you delete it or doctor. I take GREAT OFFENSE at Rovio for putting a price on an app that has always been free, when they've completely abandoned the webOS platform and no longer update the games, much less offer anything new. Rovio, I flip YOU the bird!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Angry Birds HD isn't free any more.
    It's not even giving me the option to pay for it.
    I've deleted it from my installed apps but it's still showing up in the app catalog as free.
    I just noticed that Angry Birds and AB Seasons did not install on my Pre2 when I moved from my Pre+ a week ago. What's up with that?

Is it related to the problems you guys are having?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I just noticed that Angry Birds and AB Seasons did not install on my Pre2 when I moved from my Pre+ a week ago. What's up with that?

Is it related to the problems you guys are having?
    I have not noticed them not being available. but at the wrong version...

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ds-device.html

Please let me know what you have discovered...

In relation to the Rovio Free angry birds HD, this changed when HP/Palm changed some tax thing with EUROs...

Not sure if ROVIO had anything to do with it...

Not to promote piracy but I recommend anyone who has it to save its application source before a device wipe...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have not noticed them not being available. but at the wrong version...

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ds-device.html

Please let me know what you have discovered...

In relation to the Rovio Free angry birds HD, this changed when HP/Palm changed some tax thing with EUROs...

Not sure if ROVIO had anything to do with it...

Not to promote piracy but I recommend anyone who has it to save its application source before a device wipe...
    Well the App catalog allowed me to download Angry Bird (AB) and AB Seasons for free, but I would have to pay for AB Rio. That makes some sense since I had those first two on my Pre+ but not Rio. I'm guessing the versions are different, and that's why they had to be downloaded. The AB is Version 1.5.1 and the Seasons version is 1.6.0. So these are different than what I was running on my Pre+...v1.5.3 and 1.4.0. Looks like Seasons is a later version on the Pre2 (it has Mooncake Festival and Summer Picnic which I didn't have on my Pre+) but AB is an earlier version on the Pre2...weird.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    welcome to the club
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-birds-hd.html

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...6-01-12-a.html

you run webosdoctor you get screwed. and there does not seem to be anyone that can do anything to get it back for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Well the App catalog allowed me to download Angry Bird (AB) and AB Seasons for free, but I would have to pay for AB Rio. That makes some sense since I had those first two on my Pre+ but not Rio. I'm guessing the versions are different, and that's why they had to be downloaded. The AB is Version 1.5.1 and the Seasons version is 1.6.0. So these are different than what I was running on my Pre+...v1.5.3 and 1.4.0. Looks like Seasons is a later version on the Pre2 (it has Mooncake Festival and Summer Picnic which I didn't have on my Pre+) but AB is an earlier version on the Pre2...weird.
    Ok, so you have the same issue Angry Birds on Pre2 is v1.5.1, but the PrePlus is v1.5.3 (newer), as Rovio does not care about their games, nor about updating this I am going to contact HP/Palm support to see if they can fix the problem they created.

I doubt the will fix it...

FYI To get V1.5.3, I used my PrePlus (which is my activated phone), impostah, and my HP/Palm profile, downloaded the game, transfer the ipk using webOS Quick Install to my Pre2. As I paid for it on both of my profiles, I should have the updated version.
  15.    #15  
    I hit the report a problem button this afternoon.

Does anyone know if they get back to you?
    I tweeted @webOSDev and Arthur with the link to this thread asking if there is official word from HP on this issue. Not sure who is currently manning webOSDev, but in the past we usually get responses.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I tweeted @webOSDev and Arthur with the link to this thread asking if there is official word from HP on this issue. Not sure who is currently manning webOSDev, but in the past we usually get responses.
    I'm in a similar boat, only in my case I'm trying to transfer my configuration from one TP to another one (on my profile; I'm going to send the first one back in for a warranty repair, so I bought a backup TP).

If HP isn't offering a resolution to this problem, is there a way to transfer the AB HD app install from my one TP to the other?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Copy the appropriate folder from /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ and /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/packages/ to /media/internal (or otherwise retrieve it, such as using SFTP), and place the files back into the same place on the other TP. Reboot and it should show up in Launcher.
  19.    #19  
    Woo Hoo. Angry Birds is back up and working.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    just to let you know, I was able to download Angry Birds for free today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast