Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #1  
    Guys ,
    Sorry for this question that it was written in 100 thread probably , but there are not chances to see whatsapp on webOS / openwebOS ???

Someone for meego OS recently has found the Code and wrote whazapp for that OS.

Can we made something like this???

Here in Europe, Whatsapp is the first resource for chatting and don't pay sms from operator. A lot of people use this , so i'm feeling my self cutted away :-(

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by wolfgart; 07/08/2012 at 03:55 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Thank you to Internals Team about your work...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I've got some sort of working code for doing some stuff with it, but it's on the back burner at the moment since I put SynerGV up for presale, and guaranteed / promised to people that it would be available this month.

You'll probably not see an official app, a whatsapp dev was lurking around the developer forums a year or so ago, and seemingly decided that he couldn't work with the security features of webOS.

That said, if I don't end up spending all my time addressing issues with SynerGV after it's out the door I hope to return to that project.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    I've got some sort of working code for doing some stuff with it, but it's on the back burner at the moment since I put SynerGV up for presale, and guaranteed / promised to people that it would be available this month.

You'll probably not see an official app, a whatsapp dev was lurking around the developer forums a year or so ago, and seemingly decided that he couldn't work with the security features of webOS.

That said, if I don't end up spending all my time addressing issues with SynerGV after it's out the door I hope to return to that project.

thank you for your work !!

If you have any idea how to resolve problem trought Python (That use whatsapp) and Sinergy notifications, i'll donate you !!!

Thanks

5.    #5  
    Wish i hear that someone here still work around Whatsapp.ipk ...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Guys ,
    Sorry for this question that it was written in 100 thread probably , but there are not chances to see whatsapp on webOS / openwebOS ???

Someone for meego OS recently has found the Code and wrote whazapp for that OS.

Can we made something like this???

Here in Europe, Whatsapp is the first resource for chatting and don't pay sms from operator. A lot of people use this , so i'm feeling my self cutted away :-(

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I think that some blame could fall under Palm and HP for this lack of apps, and then some of the %50 blame goes to the developers. The main leaders of HP/Palm squander money like crazy, it was like giving blank checks to the wrong developers that didn't even managed to release their apps on the HP catalog(case in point the airplane game on HP event "Think Beyond".) Then, the lack of directions of both parties(HP/Palm) that didn't even knew what they were exactly doing when trying to attract the right developers into the platform. The silly attempt to bring developers was making an event that truly predicted the downfall that was about to come for WebOS, for me the whole event was poorly executed. Then, HP only manage to bring Kindle to WebOS No Prime Video, or MP3 music store, and let's not talk about Netflix ? And the final nail to the coffin was HP cancelling the whole WebOS operation, which caused whatever developer were left to leave to other more profitable platforms. While on the other side of Microsoft you see them pumping money to the right places, they got twitter app, netflix, and many more developers despite the fact that Windows phones had been on the market for less than WebOS. One report mentioned that Windows phone had only %5 of the market for the mobile space and yet Microsoft managed to get the big players to create app for their platform.

And for the blame of the developers, I will give my own thought's of the why I could blame big developers for not supporting WebOS. Whatsapp, Bump, Twitter had been long time creators of apps for mobile devices..... but somehow they never managed to release apps for WebOS ? In my opinion pure laziness out of there part, the same as we could speak of the Rovio company. I heard of a report that in order to create Angry birds for WebOS, the entire development lasted 48 hours(two days) to make the port to the Palm WebOS platform. Why can't they just release a few update to WebOS and the latest game for Angry Space(I still question it to this very same day), one of my favorite reasons(which makes perfect sense) no they can't because they are lazy(however they released on the blackberry platform which is not doing better than WebOS right now). silly huh ?

Because of those reasons above, if why we won't probably see the most important apps that Apple has on their store for this platform(even if WebOS goes Open Source). So, the ultimate hope for you to see similar app for WebOS will be asking one of these talented dev on this very same site to create an app for that service you wish to have on your device. Otherwise, you have to deal with the fact that WebOS its pretty much just Appless.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    wolfgart and T-Pad like this.
  7.    #7  
    thank you for your exaustive reply .

I hope in someone Dev on Internals team .......

This Dev , creator of Wazapp has the whatsapp Code !!!! Wazapp | Because Meego and Maemo are great platforms!

Can we contact it ???
    - HP Veer --
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Please stop that. There are a few perfectly good WhatsApp- and HP-whining threads that you can use. What you are asking for is that someone uses her/his free time on developing something to allow you to use broken Jabber. With broken security. I actually looked into this (as you can see if you bother to look at the other threads) and decided I had more important stuff to do. I recently sent my notes on this to rmausser, he might do something with that.
    dignitary likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    I recently sent my notes on this to rmausser, he might do something with that.

- HP Veer --
    @PalmPixi: Yes, of course it's HP's fault for not having WhatsApp.
    Just like it's Nokia's fault for not having the real WhatsApp on MeeGo.
    And Samsung's fault for not having WhatsApp on Bada.
    And OpenMoko's fault for not having WhatsApp on OpenMoko.

Oh yeah, and it's also Microsoft, Nokia and RIM's fault for not having Instagram on WP, MeeGo, Symbian and BB OS.
    wolfgart likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post

Oh yeah, and it's also Microsoft, Nokia and RIM's fault for not having Instagram on WP, MeeGo, Symbian and BB OS.
    totally agree with you
    - HP Veer --
    Vistaus likes this.

You taking my words way out of proportion, those platform were like science experiments to those companies much like the purchase of HP of WebOS. A way to test the markets, nothing else those companies like never it depended upon a platform(in order to survive) which is why it they barely made an impact on the market. Now back to my point, YES ITS HP FAULT! You have doubts on that ? Please, care to elaborate.... In my opinion, I look it up like this, take a special attention to Microsoft(even with their own drama) they manage to push a bit more their phones that the stupid people HP ever did for WebOS. While it wasn't a easy task, but the corp Microsoft have been pumping MONEY(which HP didn't do) to their windows phones extending the app store market with more application from developers. Tell me something, why Twitter app is on Windows phones and not on WebOS, a platform without much market share ? That's right, its not their colorful windows home screen with their pretty rainbow colors, its the bag of money that Microsoft is placing into their pretty faces...money like people say talks a lot and Microsoft is doing the right things despite their own mismanagement projects in the past. And ff with tons of money throwing it at the developers, they will have success its remain to be seen.......

Another thing that damage Palm's WebOS, of course, is the nonstop silly corporate drama at HP headquarters and their game of CEO/executive musical chairs. Which still continues to this very same day, just crossing my finger that those stupid people from HP give WebOS a chance to reach its Open Source potential(by let it reach to customers hands) which should be within a couple of more weeks from now.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    IMO, if you dig up the posts on the developer forum from the guys at whatsapp that were poking at webos a year or more ago, you can basically see why there's no webOS app -- the guys were never able to figure out a way to maintain a persistent connection using only a web app (no one bothered to suggest building a hybrid app, nor offered any support whatsoever in "what sort of APIs do you need to get this done?"), there's no API access to contacts (one of the chief features of WhatsApp is it's ability to gather all your contact's information and send it to them), and other situations where he'd made posts that were just simply ignored.

I don't know what the situation was like prior to August of last year, but the developer forums have been a deserted wasteland other than right after the big announcement. I've read a lot of the older posts, and back in early 2010 and such, there were lots of palm people on there answering people's questions. Come forward some time, and it's basically down to unwiredben, and some guest appearances by an occasional someone else. I don't even know if it's Ben's responsibility to monitor the developer forums, but he does. Plenty of posts get completely ignored, though. I went through for a while and tried to respond to everyone's posts just so that people would know that there are people paying attention, and got thoroughly rebuked by another dev for "not helping". meh.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    wolfgart likes this.
    @Palmpixi: I guess you're the one who didn't research. The only reason why the official Twitter app is on Windows Phone is NOT because of MS giving them money, it's because a development partner of Twitter offered them help in porting to Windows Phone (their partner is called IdentityMine).
  15.    #15  
    Is so Bad to know that webOS platform doesn't have an API to access to address book . !!! So apps like Whatsapp can't never be available for this OS !!!!

Internals : Help US to make a grat openwebOS !!!!!!!!!
    - HP Veer --
    No it CAN work fine (see MoMo the Chinese variant), just WhatsApp wants to know ALL your contacts which are actually NON of their business!

MoMo checks a contact once selected at the server to see if it's registered. Same can be done with WhatsApp perfectly but they want FULL access to your contacts which SHOULD NOT BE required.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  17.    #17  
    No it CAN work fine (see MoMo the Chinese variant), just WhatsApp wants to know ALL your contacts which are actually NON of their business!

MoMo checks a contact once selected at the server to see if it's registered. Same can be done with WhatsApp perfectly but they want FULL access to your contacts which SHOULD NOT BE required.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    ok, but now all the OS are open !! IOS also permit total access to the address book .

I think it would be stupid if this is really a requirement for WhatsApp.....

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    We can implement it exactly the same as MoMo. That won't give any trouble for WhatsApp to do it that way. it's just the official devs that want the full access, but we can just go the MoMo way.
  20.    #20  
    We can implement it exactly the same as MoMo. That won't give any trouble for WhatsApp to do it that way. it's just the official devs that want the full access, but we can just go the MoMo way.
    Can we contact whatsapp devs ? On their blog and site if you contact them writing word : webOS , return back an automatic response say them doesn't support this OS. If you can contact anyone of them and suggest the MoMo way , is GREAT !!! Or link to this thread

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by wolfgart; 07/12/2012 at 01:34 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast