Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    Let's not inform them that there are unofficial versions of their app, lest they pay attention and decide to stop them all.

The most amazing thing, though, is their complete lack of security. I could write an Android app that would send me the device ID and phone number of any device it was installed on, and I would instantly have access to every person who installed it's WA account. If I had just 10 seconds to hit "Device Info" on someone's phone and write it down, I could then access their WA account from anywhere.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @Palmpixi: I guess you're the one who didn't research. The only reason why the official Twitter app is on Windows Phone is NOT because of MS giving them money, it's because a development partner of Twitter offered them help in porting to Windows Phone (their partner is called IdentityMine).
    While that probably helped smooth out the port to Windows phones, but I also image that some monetary involvement could a happen between the two parties(Twitter/Microsoft). That might ultimately pushed the port much faster than normal. Whatever the case might be, we can't deny the fact that HP is to be blame partly for this appless world of WebOS. I still find it a bit strange Windows Phone 7(soon to be 8) in its comparatively short life span on the market has managed to amass a larger body of apps/games than the WebOS platform that been longer than WP.

Sorry for the OP of this thread, didn't mean to hijack it with my talks about the HP fiasco and the reasons of the reasons of: why WebOS doesn't have widest array of apps. My apologies
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  3.    #23  
    Potentially Pre 3 has a Great HW.

I wait OpenwebOS 1.0 more than my marriage :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Vistaus and Rnp like this.
    This guy, Tgalal, has written the Wazzap app all by himself. He reverse engineered it and opensourced the code: https://github.com/tgalal/wazapp
    - So is here anyone who can adapt that code for webos? It is written in python. Does Pre 3 run python apps?
    Last edited by Bratatat; 07/16/2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Wrong link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratatat View Post
    This guy, Tgalal, has written the Wazzap app all by himself. He reverse engineered it and opensourced the code: https://github.com/tgalal/wazapp
    - So is here anyone who can adapt that code for webos? It is written in python. Does Pre 3 run python apps?
    That is already mentioned a gazillion times and no, Pre 3 cannot run Python apps.
    Nope, it is mentioned he copied the code. is a difference.
    We already know that he has written Wazapp and someone from here is working with that code to build us a WhatsApp client........
    is there really someone working on this already? why not setup a GIT or something, i've been messing around with the code also and maybe i could help with some code or something
    I have done -some- work towards doing something for this, but after having spent the last more than a month solid on SynerGV, I am having some difficulty in picking it back up but on the bright side, i get to go back and re-study wazapp, and hopefully i can get something working relatively quickly.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    lluisinho and jcmarcos like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I have done -some- work towards doing something for this, but after having spent the last more than a month solid on SynerGV, I am having some difficulty in picking it back up but on the bright side, i get to go back and re-study wazapp, and hopefully i can get something working relatively quickly.
    To overcome the difficulties might be good to know that there are a lot of people out there that would pay more than $10(so I heard) for whatsapp on their webos phones, I know I would! Isn't that the perfect motivation?
    Vistaus and wolfgart like this.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Eblade : if you shortly create something whit the code, for your work i'll donate for you.

you are THE HERO

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by wolfgart; 07/24/2012 at 09:04 AM.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Hope you get something working a synergy plugin i think would be a dream but even a simple app would be very awesome. If you get something working you wil definatly receive a donation from me

GOOD LUCK!
    Vistaus likes this.
  13.    #33  
    any news about it ?
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
    To overcome the difficulties might be good to know that there are a lot of people out there that would pay more than $10(so I heard) for whatsapp on their webos phones, I know I would! Isn't that the perfect motivation?
    THIS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    any news about it ?
    It takes time to write software. Please be patient, or if you locate some other people that are interested in working on it, get us all together and we can go from there...
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    If you'd setup a Git then you already have 2 people who can help you: gach87 and me.
  17.    #37  
    i WANT wazapp on webOS :-(((((((((((((((((((((((((((
    - HP Veer --
    Vistaus likes this.
    What I don't really get is the lack of developers. MeeGo has even less developers than webOS (even in current state) yet there's only 1 webOS developer part time working on it?
    What I don't really get is the lack of developers. MeeGo has even less developers than webOS (even in current state) yet there's only 1 webOS developer part time working on it?
    Most open source developers I know have no interest in working on a proprietary closed protocol when there are perfectly good open protocols to do exactly the same thing.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    filmor_, Rnp and T-Pad like this.
    Well, us homebrew devs work for free and normally work on projects that we feel like doing at the time. If Whatsapp is that important to have, then maybe you guys should consider banding together and hiring some people to bring it to webOS. If you don't want to take that route, then just be happy that at least one guy is working on it in his free time.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast