Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By GMMan
  1.    #1  
    Just found an update of the HP App Catalog app. It's 5.0.3400.

It has a new intro screen with tiles you can touch to get to recommended app, new apps, paid apps and free apps. So basically Pivot seems to be gone....

Couldn't find anything else new so far.
    No changes here that I can see - nothing new for an intro screen either, still on the Spring Time ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Just exit app catalog, wait a few minutes and try again. In Preware it shows the updates are for all countries so it should show up for everyone eventually. No more spring time ;-)
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    touchpad 3.0.5, german
    after deleting the homebrew-pivot-patch app catalog shows the november pivot with those silly balling girls.
    it's a shame, and i get sick when i open app catalog.
    and: there's no chance to see the new apps (if there were new apps) as app catalog starts at "bücher" (engl: books) and there's no way to get the super-category "all".
    it's a shame too
  5.    #5  
    Ok, it seems that not everyone is lucky with this. Here's a picture of the HP App Catolog opening screen I have since yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    touchpad 3.0.5, german - no noticable changes, too
    I was hoping HP has brought back the all category - I'm eagerly awaiting its comeback
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    I got the software update the other day, but app cat launch page still the same for me

It's weird that you german folks lost the all app category...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I got the software update the other day, but app cat launch page still the same for me

It's weird that you german folks lost the all app category...
    Diff from 3300 to 3400, under usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.enyo-findapps/main/source/magazine/ removal of defaultEdition.

So they removed the default edition, seems a lot to go thru when one doctors the default will be there...
    until it is updated...

They also changed AppCatalog.jsjsjs, $SearchApps$.$js$, $BrowserView$.$js$, $MagazineView$.$js$, $and$ $all$ $values$ $in$ $all$ $files$ $related$ $to$ $version$ $info$ ($appinfo$.$json$ &$amp$; $packageinfo$.$json$).

control file also changed reflecting the removed defaultEdition from 16864 (3300) to 5430 (3400).
    why did they remove pivot?

I am getting the now screen too!
    Quote Originally Posted by ABCH View Post
    why did they remove pivot?

I am getting the now screen too!
    Try webOS onTap. It'll be out in at most a week. Check link in my signature.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Still getting Pivot (April 2012) here. Can't be bothered removing the patch to see if the 'proper' catalog works. Just gonna wait for onTap to be released :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Still getting Pivot (April 2012) here. Can't be bothered removing the patch to see if the 'proper' catalog works. Just gonna wait for onTap to be released :-)
    You should have the status page by now. What's your locale?
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Ok, it seems that not everyone is lucky with this. Here's a picture of the HP App Catolog opening screen I have since yesterday.
    I just got my device back from service and had to do the whole re-install-all-my-apps thing.

The app catalog showed the original Pivot edition initially for me but then showed the new four category page after a restart.

The funny thing is: none of the category buttons are actually functional.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguychicago View Post
    I just got my device back from service and had to do the whole re-install-all-my-apps thing.

The app catalog showed the original Pivot edition initially for me but then showed the new four category page after a restart.

The funny thing is: none of the category buttons are actually functional.
    Check that: The buttons are functional. However, I had to close the catalog and reopen it in order to get the buttons working. Weird.