Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Graphite won't load any new tweets since 21 hours ago for me. I can send tweets, and view the tweets of others if I go to their pages. Get an error "Oops! Something went wrong!"

Project Macaw is behaving the same way.

Did something change with twitter? Is it my Touchpad? I can uninstall and reinstall PM, but obviously can't do so with Graphite. Is anyone having the same issue? I have found noting online about this and twitter is reportedly up.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 06/28/2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: updated title to add twitter and OAuth (FIXED)
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Still working for me on my Pre3.

I sometimes run into refresh problems if my system time is off. Have you checked that?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    Still working for me on my Pre3.

I sometimes run into refresh problems if my system time is off. Have you checked that?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Checked it. No difference. Running network time for the wi-fi for the TP
    Did you log into your twitter account via web and make sure both apps are still allowed access.

You can also try installing PHNX, but right now it sounds like you are having an oAuth issue. I have been using Macaw on my Pre3 all day no problem, just loaded app and new tweets came up right now, timeline and mentions.

Since Graphite and Macaw share no common code, this is why I am pointing you towards the twitter authorization. Even if they show as authorized you may want to remove and then reauthorize.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Did you log into your twitter account via web and make sure both apps are still allowed access.

You can also try installing PHNX, but right now it sounds like you are having an oAuth issue. I have been using Macaw on my Pre3 all day no problem, just loaded app and new tweets came up right now, timeline and mentions.

Since Graphite and Macaw share no common code, this is why I am pointing you towards the twitter authorization. Even if they show as authorized you may want to remove and then reauthorize.
    I tried your suggestion to re-authorize. Revoked on twitter and started oved. Restarted and still the same thing. Very strange. Idk what to do. I don't want to lose Graphite, but seems like my only option after just waiting.
    Last edited by trowany; 06/27/2012 at 04:38 PM.
    In my daily use of Carbon on my Pre 3, I encountered something odd yesterday. Opening the app, I was presented with non stop errors of "oopps! something went wrong" at the bottom notification bar. I closed out the app and it went away. Opened it back up, it came back.

I also noticed the same issue with Graphite on my TouchPad.

I'm guessing there is something going on with Carbon and Graphite and their discontinued status as apps and making calls to a server somewhere because phnx on the Pre 3 and TweetPad on the TP work fine for accessing the same twitter accounts.

Anyone else having issues with Carbon? Is it time to retire these apps and move on to others? Since their discontinued announced in April, I went out and got backup twitter apps just in case something like this would happen.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm m515 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre (Sprint) > TouchPad 32gb
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I've been having the same problem. Phnx on my Pre 3 and graphite on my Touchpad. I cannot refresh the timeline, but can get new tweets when looking at my lists. Both went down about the same time as the OP. I have installed Macaw. It successfully loaded the timeline when I first ran it (after the authorization), but will not now update the timeline either. Have logged in (to twitter) from my desktop. All seems fine. The apps still show authorized (that is they show that they have not been revoked). Device restarts have no effect. Same behavior either from home connection or work connection. The fact that Phnx and Graphite went down on two different devices in the same way at the same time leads me to believe it's something outside my devices.

Thought to try incredible! on my Touchpad - stuck trying to contact/authorize the twitter feed (incredible! NOT revoked on twitter.com).

Getting an: "Could not authenticate with OAuth." error when just now loading Glimpse. I suspect it's something on twitter's side, but will entertain any suggestions.

Thanks.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    This last one, was the problem with Carbon and it was caused by a change in Twitter.

I haven't noticed any problems in phnx and Macaw these last days for me though.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhoades View Post
    I've been having the same problem. Phnx on my Pre 3 and graphite on my Touchpad. I cannot refresh the timeline, but can get new tweets when looking at my lists. Both went down about the same time as the OP. I have installed Macaw. It successfully loaded the timeline when I first ran it (after the authorization), but will not now update the timeline either. Have logged in (to twitter) from my desktop. All seems fine. The apps still show authorized (that is they show that they have not been revoked). Device restarts have no effect. Same behavior either from home connection or work connection. The fact that Phnx and Graphite went down on two different devices in the same way at the same time leads me to believe it's something outside my devices.

Thought to try incredible! on my Touchpad - stuck trying to contact/authorize the twitter feed (incredible! NOT revoked on twitter.com).

Getting an: "Could not authenticate with OAuth." error when just now loading Glimpse. I suspect it's something on twitter's side, but will entertain any suggestions.

Thanks.
    I knew I couldn't have been the only one. Kinda makes me eye one of the major tablets a little closer now...
    all have an OAUTH issue....
    I've had to load Twitter via the internet and save it as a launcher....until this is sorted out. Glad I'm not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by trowany View Post
    I knew I couldn't have been the only one. Kinda makes me eye one of the major tablets a little closer now...
    Has nothing to do with the "major" tablets. The message below tells you exactly what it is, I would contact twitter and let em know you are both having issues with OAuth. Across multiple apps, this is something to do with your specific accounts and OAuth as I suspected earlier.

Clearly it is not an OS specific bug, do either of you use any computer based twitter clients? I would suspect they will not function as well since all 3rd party twitter apps need OAuth to function properly, so an issue like this would effect anything on any OS including computers. The web site works because it does not require OAuth since you are logging into twitter directly.

Quote Originally Posted by hrhoades View Post

Thanks.
    Quick explanation of OAuth from a quick google search, much more info available if interested.

Nobody in their right mind should trust their Twitter password to your web application so your application is unable to access Twitter on their behalf. OAuth is a way around this by letting the user selectively grant access for your application to their Twitter account without you knowing the password. That way, the password remains a credential only shared between the user and Twitter and no untrusted third party (you).

One additional piece of information on OAuth/Twitter, this is not the case in your instances, but OAuth/twitter does have an hourly pull limit.

REST API Rate Limiting

The default rate limit for calls to the REST API varies depending on the authorization method being used and whether the method itself requires authentication.

Unauthenticated calls are permitted 150 requests per hour. Unauthenticated calls are measured against the public facing IP of the server or device making the request.

OAuth calls are permitted 350 requests per hour and are measured against the oauth_token used in the request.
    Basically the rate limiting can lock you out of twitter for a little while, clearly this is not your problem though, but something to know when using twitter apps especially if you are doing a lot of refreshing, tweeting, looking at user profiles, etc. I do know folks that hit their cap every once in a while especially when having long conversations that are back and forth quickly.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    <Threads Merged>

Updated title to hopefully make this more searchable.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Has nothing to do with the "major" tablets. The message below tells you exactly what it is, I would contact twitter and let em know you are both having issues with OAuth. Across multiple apps, this is something to do with your specific accounts and OAuth as I suspected earlier.

Clearly it is not an OS specific bug, do either of you use any computer based twitter clients? I would suspect they will not function as well since all 3rd party twitter apps need OAuth to function properly, so an issue like this would effect anything on any OS including computers. The web site works because it does not require OAuth since you are logging into twitter directly.

Quick explanation of OAuth from a quick google search, much more info available if interested.

One additional piece of information on OAuth/Twitter, this is not the case in your instances, but OAuth/twitter does have an hourly pull limit.

Basically the rate limiting can lock you out of twitter for a little while, clearly this is not your problem though, but something to know when using twitter apps especially if you are doing a lot of refreshing, tweeting, looking at user profiles, etc. I do know folks that hit their cap every once in a while especially when having long conversations that are back and forth quickly.
    I say the "Major Tablets" because if it was happening on there it would be news. My friends aren't having a problem. A general OAuth issue would affect any twitter apps. It's been over 24 hrs for me since my last timeline refresh.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    was getting this problem on my pre3 as well with Spaz, but not on my TouchPad. It still updates after some time, but not when I try to manually refresh.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I have this problem with Spaz on my Pre3, too (since yesterday). The application seems to work, i.e. I am receiving new tweets, but I don't know if sending works (haven't tried yet - nothing to tweet ;-) ).
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    No problem here with Yak Free, Macaw and Carbon.
    I am also having this problem with Spaz on my TouchPad. I tried removing the account and re-adding with no success.
    Quote Originally Posted by trowany View Post
    I say the "Major Tablets" because if it was happening on there it would be news. My friends aren't having a problem. A general OAuth issue would affect any twitter apps. It's been over 24 hrs for me since my last timeline refresh.
    Have you tried with a desktop client?
    From the twitter developer forums.... The thread was about increased errors for individual users. Previous issues were confirmed to be an issue with an individuals account. So for those having issues, have any contacted twitter support and received a response?

This post was from 1 day 3 hours ago...

episod
    @episod Taylor Singletary

We're investigating this recent spat of 401s. This is a different issue (though it looks similar) than most of the thread discusses above. Will provide details when I have more to share.

Also people in the thread report the problem with tweetbot and ubersocial (neither of which are webOS apps). At least 1 user on iPhone and 1 on BB reporting issue...

Also this from 2 hours ago
    episod
    @episod Taylor Singletary

Hi @MySmileInspires -- the problem isn't you at all but just Twitter. We hope to have the issue fixed today and then your app should work again!
    Clearly not a webOS issue....

Oh and here is why you can reauthorize but not seeing feed updates. Basically OAuth and twitter are working for authorization and unauthorization but not for calling tweets.
    @Noojib32 Jubjib •°♥

We have been seeing significantly more 401 errors over the past 48 hours. Calls to account/verify_credentials succeed, but calls to statuses/mentions or statuses/direct_messages fail are failing with authentication errors
  20.    #20  
    It's back up!! Not sure why it only affected a few people. Kinda of glad it wasn't a webOS/app issue. I love Graphite. Also glad it didn't touch a lot of people, but it was a bother to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast