1.    #1  
    I transferred a photo album from my desktop computer to my HP TouchPad, and I can view all of the pictures in a slide show on the TP. However, the photos are displayed in a random order---even though I carefully ordered them in the album file (by number; 001, 002, 003, etc.) on my computer. I have been searching for a way to get these photos displayed in the same order on the TP, but I haven't been very successful in finding how to do this.

If anyone can give me some pointers on how to do this (or point me to a post that describes this), I would be very grateful. Thanks!
    Last edited by WhineAndGold; 06/19/2012 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhineAndGold View Post
    I transferred a photo album from my desktop computer to my HP TouchPad, and I can view all of the pictures in a slide show on the TP. However, the photos are displayed in a random order---even though I carefully ordered them in the album file (by number; 001, 002, 003, etc.) on my computer. I have been searching for a way to get these photos displayed in the same order on the TP, but I haven't been very successful in finding how to do this.

If anyone can give me some pointers on how to do this (or point me to a post that describes this), I would be very grateful. Thanks!
    Same here! Very frustrating.
    Try this thread, or if you'd like an app for that, you can try Slide Master or Slide RSS.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Try this thread, or if you'd like an app for that, you can try Slide Master or Slide RSS.
    appsotutely,
    Thanks for the suggestion of using your apps. I purchased and downloaded "Slide Master", and I have it running on my TP. However, I still seem to have the same problem in that the slides are running in random order. I selected "Use Titles" as the order for showing---thinking that the 3-digit numbers I have starting each photo file would be used as the "Title". But that doesn't seem to be the case. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to get these order numbers to be used for sorting the slides?
    appsotutely,
    Thanks for the suggestion of using your apps. I purchased and downloaded "Slide Master", and I have it running on my TP. However, I still seem to have the same problem in that the slides are running in random order. I selected "Use Titles" as the order for showing---thinking that the 3-digit numbers I have starting each photo file would be used as the "Title". But that doesn't seem to be the case. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to get these order numbers to be used for sorting the slides?
    "Filename" will use the your filenames. "Title" defaults to the filename, but the titles can be changed by using the "Organize Photos" screen. If you have the "Shake to Randomize" turned on, you may have accidentally randomized your order (if you activated the shake during a slideshow, you should see a quick notification of it in the top bar for the TouchPad). While in the slideshow, you can always re-sort according to any of the options as well. You can also turn on the "Picture Count" and the "Picture Title" in the Preferences so that you check the ordering more easily.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    "Filename" will use the your filenames. "Title" defaults to the filename, but the titles can be changed by using the "Organize Photos" screen. If you have the "Shake to Randomize" turned on, you may have accidentally randomized your order (if you activated the shake during a slideshow, you should see a quick notification of it in the top bar for the TouchPad). While in the slideshow, you can always re-sort according to any of the options as well. You can also turn on the "Picture Count" and the "Picture Title" in the Preferences so that you check the ordering more easily.
    Appsotutely,
    Thanks for the additional suggestions. I tried using the "Filename" as the sort option, and that worked well. So I am now up and running slide shows on my TP---thanks to your help on this. :
    Appsotutely,
    Thanks for the additional suggestions. I tried using the "Filename" as the sort option, and that worked well. So I am now up and running slide shows on my TP---thanks to your help on this. :
    Thanks for the purchase! It's good to hear that it's useful for your needs.