webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > App Catalog Country Changer [PC]
App Catalog Country Changer [PC]
Like Tree32Likes

Old 06/17/2012, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

By popular request, I present you the

HP webOS App Catalog Country Changer

This program allows you to change the country your webOS Account is associated to, so that you can buy paid apps if you have a credit card from a supported country. 'Nuff said. A readme is enclosed, so make sure you read that, thoroughly so you won't be at a loss if you get hit by a server error.

See download in the attachments section.

If you like the program and would like to donate, please donate to the Homebrew Pivot project. (See donate button on the thread's OP.)

Requirements
The program require .NET Framework 3.5, so for you Mac and Linux users, you'll need to run it with Mono. Sorry.

Features
  • Allows you to change the App Catalog country
  • Shows complete information about each country as provided by HP's servers

Changelog
v1.0.0.0 - June 17, 2012
- Initial release
Attached Files
File Type: zip webOSAppCatCountryChanger.zip (23.3 KB, 865 views) Email Attachment
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jmdesai, Rnp, Palmpeter and 18 others like this.
Old 06/17/2012, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Developer

I have requested a copy of the source code in private, so that an independent security review can be done and the results reported here.

I'm not saying that I doubt the intentions of GMMan (I have no reason not to trust him), but I personally would not enter my palm profile authentication details into a closed source application. GMMan states the reason for not publicly releasing the source code in the README in the package, and it is a reasonable caution that he is taking.

Update: I've reviewed the code, and all is good. It does what is stated in the README, and no more.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Last edited by rwhitby; 06/17/2012 at 11:49 PM.
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, bevcraw, huub and 5 others like this.
Old 06/18/2012, 02:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yep, its working. Now I have to find a credit card from desired country and I'll be able to pay all this developers that I wanted to last 3 years. Not that HP deserves but they (developers) do for supporting us.
brymcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 06:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thankyou Sooooooo much ..It worksss
Old 06/18/2012, 06:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Great move You should create a donate button.
VasTheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jmdesai likes this.
Old 06/18/2012, 06:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

There's a place to donate in this thread, first post http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3314120
sledge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 04:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just a quick note, the auth token is device/profile specific, and a new one is generated every time you log in to your Palm Profile from your webOS device, and the previous token will be invalidated. Each token is valid for I believe 5 years. Think of the token as a MD5 hash of your Palm Profile, device ID, and login time. It's an absolutely required piece of information for any operation with HP's servers that require modifying information in/about your device or Palm Profile.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 06/18/2012, 04:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

From my experience with the Touchpad which uses the US app catalog, I successfuly used the virtual debit card from USunlocked.com
However, I had to go through a US proxy when purchasing as after one transaction from a non-US proxy, the card was blocked from the catalog. Luckily with USunlocked, any topup gives one a new card number
palmdoc#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 07:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Can I get the "device ID and token" using Impostah?

wTerm says "Permission denied" and I can't find "Linux Commandline" in WOSQI

Last edited by soltrance; 06/19/2012 at 01:03 AM.
soltrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 07:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hello everyone!

I'm a complete webOS newbie, so apologies in advance if I'm missing something obvious. I've followed the instructions as best as I could. I'm entering the terminal commands mentioned in the Readme file in wTerm as suggested, and I get this error:

luna-send: permission denied.

The commands are copied & pasted, so I'm sure they've been entered correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
Morrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

You need to run the commands under root. Set up a root password in wTerm, then type in 'su', enter the password, and try the commands again.
Thanked By: Morrick
Old 06/19/2012, 12:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

@Soltrance & Morrick
Best and easy way is thro WQI , go to tools there you ll find linux command line ,click that and type the command given in Instructions as it is (i.e. it is case sensitive) ,note down ur device id and token no.
Also note down ur profile email thorough which u have registered ...
Old 06/19/2012, 01:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

So I did it using WebOS Quick Install, I thought Linux Command Line was an app, but it was on the menu bar under Tools. So I copy/paste the lines on the Read Me file and it worked!

It returned the same info I got from Impostah:
In Device Profile/Show Device Profile/deviceID you get = IMEI:'17 numbers'
and Palm Profile/Show Palm Profile/Token you get = WA'31numbers/letters"

@Morrick: in case you donīt know, you can get Impostah from Preware, here's the download LINK, HERE are the instructions. Also from WebOS Quick Install, but you got to have Preware

It WORKS, thanks GMMAN

Last edited by soltrance; 06/19/2012 at 02:15 AM.
soltrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 06:28 AM   #14 (permalink)

Success!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. In case someone else gets stuck as I was, here are the mistakes I was making, so that you can avoid them:

1) I was entering the terminal commands to get the deviceID and the token without removing the quotes first.
2) I was entering the deviceID without including the IMEI: part before the numbers. Remember, the whole deviceID is IMEI: followed by 17 numbers.

Once I typed these things correctly, everything went smoothly.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Rick
Morrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 06:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

Holy sh.... Thank you! It's so long-await...
Alinaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 07:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrick View Post
2) I was entering the deviceID without including the IMEI: part before the numbers. Remember, the whole deviceID is IMEI: followed by 17 numbers.
Good point. I only tested the program with my TouchPad, which has no IMEI but just a device ID hash, so I didn't know about this. I'll update the readme in a couple of days when I can test out Impostah.
Old 06/19/2012, 09:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

The same codes can also be retrieved by App Tucker if I'm not mistaken.
TUFF Stough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Worked great with my Unlocked Pre 2!!
guilledil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 12:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hi, I have Ubuntu 12.04. I installed mono and ran PalmAppCatCountryChanger.
I got an error msg that said:
"There was an error getting country list: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure
The program will now close because country list is required."
After that the program closed.

Does anyone have an idea what may be the problem?

Thanks!

Last edited by Kilrah_il; 06/19/2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Typo
Kilrah_il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 12:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Good point. I only tested the program with my TouchPad, which has no IMEI but just a device ID hash, so I didn't know about this. I'll update the readme in a couple of days when I can test out Impostah.
Also with Impostah the text "IMEI:" does not appear, also the last two numbers were missing. Maybe I did something wrong but in my case, I would recommend getting the device information with WOSQI.
guilledil is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0