webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > App Catalog Country Changer [PC]
App Catalog Country Changer [PC]
Like Tree32Likes

Old 02/22/2013, 11:24 AM   #41 (permalink)

Kudos!

Read through this thread and finally realized that this is why my recently acquired AT&T Pre3 (unlocked) couldn't see certain items in the App Catalog. It was somehow set to the Austria (AT) App Catalog, as a few others have noticed as well...

Any idea how this occurs on an AT&T device? This had me flummoxed for a while, but the tool worked like a charm! Many thanks!!!
ArigatoMrTalboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/2013, 05:05 PM   #42 (permalink)

great software gmman, but getting the token is too complicated (for me)
erlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2013, 11:04 AM   #43 (permalink)

Thank you GMMan!....and others, whose comments are valuable......
I am yet to read the whole thread...but this is one important thread for me..as I too want the option of changing my App Catalog country..

I have downloaded the exe file int my PC.....unzipped it.
Now I have 2 questions.....

1. Do i first copy the application file into my HP Touchpad and run it from there? Any guidance about, how to do that and where to store the file?

2. I have a VISA card, which can be used for international purchases, but it has been issued by an Indian bank. Can this card be used? If I cannot register this VISA card of mine, can I still access free Apps under USA....like Kindle, etc?

Thanks a lot!
blwetorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2013, 11:30 PM   #44 (permalink)

You can use preware and tuckerbox to load free apps from other catalogs. But you cannot load from other models. Eg phone <>tablet
horzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2013, 01:31 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horzel View Post
You can use preware and tuckerbox to load free apps from other catalogs. But you cannot load from other models. Eg phone <>tablet
to begin with, i am interested in the Kindle app........and that brings me here. Being from India makes it a little difficult on the Apps catalogue...
My first attempt by the week-end will be to install Pre-ware and Tuckerbox ...and then move on to the App-catalog-country changer, if necessary.
One thing, i am failing to understand...........kindly let me know....we first convert into the Developer mode and then install everything directly in the HP Touchpad right?
Or do we install them in a laptop or PC and then connect to the Touchpad and work there. Somewhere I was reading about not Connecting the Touchpad in USB-mode.....which implies, we are trying to connect the Touchpad with a PC or laptop................but why?!..I am wondering...
Thanks a lot..in advance!
blwetorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/2013, 09:37 AM   #46 (permalink)

This causes problems for me and breaks Palm Profile, could be caused by something server-side
Although the device id and token is correct, it gives the PAMS1131 error, and then App Cat becomes inaccessible, giving the AppLists not defined error.

I tried this on an old profile, and it broke that. It also broke a fresh profile.
njitipairote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2013, 11:50 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwetorch View Post
1. Do i first copy the application file into my HP Touchpad and run it from there? Any guidance about, how to do that and where to store the file?

2. I have a VISA card, which can be used for international purchases, but it has been issued by an Indian bank. Can this card be used? If I cannot register this VISA card of mine, can I still access free Apps under USA....like Kindle, etc?
1. It's a PC app. Unzip it to your hard drive, and run it. You may need to install .NET Framework 3.5.
2. You can't register your card, as India does not have app purchasing enabled and I don't think it's listed as a billing country. You may change to USA, but I don't remember if you have to have a credit card registered in order to get any apps.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2013, 11:51 PM   #48 (permalink)

I may implement fetching info from device some day and any other needed improvements, but no promises on when.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 09/21/2013, 08:18 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
By popular request, I present you the

HP webOS App Catalog Country Changer

This program allows you to change the country your webOS Account is associated to, so that you can buy paid apps if you have a credit card from a supported country. 'Nuff said. A readme is enclosed, so make sure you read that, thoroughly so you won't be at a loss if you get hit by a server error.

See download in the attachments section.

If you like the program and would like to donate, please donate to the Homebrew Pivot project. (See donate button on the thread's OP.)

Requirements
The program require .NET Framework 3.5, so for you Mac and Linux users, you'll need to run it with Mono. Sorry.

Features
  • Allows you to change the App Catalog country
  • Shows complete information about each country as provided by HP's servers

Changelog
v1.0.0.0 - June 17, 2012
- Initial release
Hi GMMan!
First of all I would really like to thank you about the software you updated. I seem too be having a little problem using it, though. I don't understand what an authorization token is and how do I get it. I have an unlocked palm pixi plus. can you please help me find my authorization token ? And something else, the device id is the IMEI code right? Thanks a lot in advance and I would really appreciate your help.
erlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2013, 11:27 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlil View Post
Hi GMMan!
First of all I would really like to thank you about the software you updated. I seem too be having a little problem using it, though. I don't understand what an authorization token is and how do I get it. I have an unlocked palm pixi plus. can you please help me find my authorization token ? And something else, the device id is the IMEI code right? Thanks a lot in advance and I would really appreciate your help.
Please check the readme. It has instructions on how to obtain the required information. You should have Novacom installed.
Thanked By: erlil
Old 12/02/2013, 11:48 AM   #51 (permalink)

Hi--I have a Palm Pixi Plus and have tried to use this changer to no avail. I have cut and pasted the command in the readme txt to identify my token id using WosQI's linux command line but I get the error " luna-send: invalid option --f" . Sorry about my lack of linux command knowledge but I have really no experience with these terminals. Can anyone tell me how to get this token number or what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

update:: I used Impostah to find the token--and all is well--I have purchased an app which I could not do before!! Thanks very much for the app!

p.s. still am clueless about Linux command line use!

Last edited by brookie229; 12/02/2013 at 02:12 PM.
brookie229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0