webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > App Catalog Country Changer [PC]
App Catalog Country Changer [PC]
Like Tree32Likes

Old 06/19/2012, 03:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah_il View Post
Hi, I have Ubuntu 12.04. I installed mono and ran PalmAppCatCountryChanger.
I got an error msg that said:
"There was an error getting country list: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure
The program will now close because country list is required."
After that the program closed.

Does anyone have an idea what may be the problem?

Thanks!
Hmm... You might not have the required or updated root certificate HP's servers use. You'll have to somehow obtain and install the root certificate used by their servers. What browser do you use? (I'll try to give you instructions on how to extract the certificates.) BTW, see this: linux - c# - "The authentication or decryption has failed." error while using twitterizer in mono - Stack Overflow
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by blwetorch likes this.
Old 06/19/2012, 03:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
Also with Impostah the text "IMEI:" does not appear, also the last two numbers were missing. Maybe I did something wrong but in my case, I would recommend getting the device information with WOSQI.
I read about IMEI on Wikipedia this morning and saw that there are two variants: IMEI-14 and IMEI-16. I bet Impostah only shows IMEI-14. (IMEI-16 is the new version.)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 06/19/2012, 08:59 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Hmm... You might not have the required or updated root certificate HP's servers use. You'll have to somehow obtain and install the root certificate used by their servers. What browser do you use? (I'll try to give you instructions on how to extract the certificates.) BTW, see this: linux - c# - "The authentication or decryption has failed." error while using twitterizer in mono - Stack Overflow
I use Google Chrome. Thanks.
Kilrah_il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 11:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

I suppose it's very different between Windows and Ubuntu, but go to https://ps.palmws.com, and click the green lock icon beside the URL. Click on Certificate Information and it should open up the certificate in your certificate manager, and from there you should be able to choose to install the certificate to your system.
Old 06/20/2012, 03:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
I read about IMEI on Wikipedia this morning and saw that there are two variants: IMEI-14 and IMEI-16. I bet Impostah only shows IMEI-14. (IMEI-16 is the new version.)
The profile servers only use the first 14 digits.

-- Rod
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 06:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

thank you so much~!
geniusjack45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2012, 05:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
vba

Quote:
By popular request, I present you the

HP webOS App Catalog Country Changer

This program allows you to change the country your webOS Account is associated to, so that you can buy paid apps if you have a credit card from a supported country. 'Nuff said. A readme is enclosed, so make sure you read that, thoroughly so you won't be at a loss if you get hit by a server error.

See download in the attachments section.

If you like the program and would like to donate, please donate to the Homebrew Pivot project. (See donate button on the thread's OP.)

Requirements
The program require .NET Framework 3.5, so for you Mac and Linux users, you'll need to run it with Mono. Sorry.

Features
  • Allows you to change the App Catalog country
  • Shows complete information about each country as provided by HP's servers

Changelog
v1.0.0.0 - June 17, 2012
- Initial release
Great app, I've donated it, thank you, it helped a lot!
vba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2012, 12:36 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I suppose it's very different between Windows and Ubuntu, but go to https://ps.palmws.com, and click the green lock icon beside the URL. Click on Certificate Information and it should open up the certificate in your certificate manager, and from there you should be able to choose to install the certificate to your system.
Hi, thanks for the help.
I went to the site, pressed the green lock and chose the Export option. It created a file with the certificate (*.palmws.com). I followed the instruction in this site: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Op...20Certificates (near the end "Importing a Certificate into the System-Wide Certificate Authority Database") but after all this I still get the same error message.
Some of the times I tried to run the program, I got the following message in the terminal:
"Could not set X locale modifiers".

Anyone with Linux had any luck with the program?
Kilrah_il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2012, 03:04 AM   #29 (permalink)

Works on my HP Pre3. Great App....Thanks. This is just what I wanted.
Old 07/05/2012, 06:36 AM   #30 (permalink)

great app. just what I need but having problems with app catalog. I can shift btn UK and USA catalogs no problem but the one which I really need to access paid apps for is the Australian catalog and it just hangs on the circle of death all day.
I however get facebook app in the featured apps and a gray box.
what settings am i doing wrong?
please help.
milkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2012, 06:19 AM   #31 (permalink)

Awesome app! Wish I had found this before I wiped and reinstalled my veer and tried a whole bunch of stuff that didn't work. Now I can actually pay for apps!
erosamnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/2012, 09:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

I get the same error on Ubuntu lucid (10.04), as well as windows under VBox.
I did get it to work on a regular windows (XP) desktop tho.
(Sales prices always less than ebay)
sanaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2012, 02:21 AM   #33 (permalink)

no entiendo se coloca el imei en id device y el toke que se coloca gracias
tutoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2012, 06:06 AM   #34 (permalink)

Brilliant, finally got my unlocked AT&T Pre3 on an European credit card.
Just bought Amigo Player to start with. More to come!
renater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 06:22 PM   #35 (permalink)

This works! Thanks, just got a used pre plus from ebay for wifi only......phone must have been originally from Austria, couldn't get US app catalog. Worked great.....
rickeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 11:10 AM   #36 (permalink)

greatest thing ever! Bought a Hp Veer on Ebay which was activated in Austria -> useless. Now I can use the German App Catalog Thank you so much
demaho33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2013, 10:53 PM   #37 (permalink)

The HP Veer does not come with App Catalog in US? I am not seeing pandora, and the instructions to set this up are very complicated to me (not a huge techie)
Eddie Pugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 12:02 AM   #38 (permalink)

If your country shows up as AT, that may mean you haven't activated your Palm Profile yet. In any case, the setup isn't really that complicated. Go with the method you think is the easiest. Ask questions if you don't understand.
Old 01/10/2013, 08:20 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
If your country shows up as AT, that may mean you haven't activated your Palm Profile yet. In any case, the setup isn't really that complicated. Go with the method you think is the easiest. Ask questions if you don't understand.
How would I even find where the country set for the app market is at?
Eddie Pugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 09:16 PM   #40 (permalink)

Use Impostah. It's in Preware.
Liked by Philip Ddouglas likes this.
Thanked By: Philip Ddouglas

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0