webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > nDrive leaving webOS
nDrive leaving webOS
Like Tree5Likes

Old 01/25/2013, 09:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renater View Post
From what I understand is that new maps are only released for higher versions. These maps won't be compatible with webOS version. But maybe they can surprise us sometime....
I rather doubt a surprise, though they did seem pretty good about communicating to the community. Their final PR release about webOS made it pretty clear they're done.

No knocking Navit, but I do really like nDrive. Be nice if the integration were a little tighter like the devs are doing with Google Maps + Navit. But I know I paid on a no-promises basis, so that's alright.
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 08:15 PM   #42 (permalink)

Can anybody confirm that if I install one of the betas and buy a map (US), that I would be able to subscribe to the traffic service and have it work? I never bought nDrive from the App Store and don't have a serial number or beta key or anything like that. And if so, how does it work with traffic? Say if I'm already en route and an accident occurs up ahead on my route, will it reroute me on-the-fly around it? That would be something that would potentially get me to buy it, otherwise I'll probably just stick with Navit.
trwrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 03:19 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trwrt View Post
Can anybody confirm that if I install one of the betas and buy a map (US), that I would be able to subscribe to the traffic service and have it work? I never bought nDrive from the App Store and don't have a serial number or beta key or anything like that. And if so, how does it work with traffic? Say if I'm already en route and an accident occurs up ahead on my route, will it reroute me on-the-fly around it? That would be something that would potentially get me to buy it, otherwise I'll probably just stick with Navit.
In the UK on the beta. I brought the UK maps a month of so ago and just recently got traffic for it. Works fine. Doesn't auto route but will flag up traffic problems in the traffic bar on the right of the UI. Tap on that and it will give you the option to avoid.
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2013, 03:55 PM   #44 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I'm trying to give nDrive beta a chance on my Pre 3. Navit is too rudimentary for me. I'm nervous about buying the map though. The North America version says 2011.03. Does that mean I'm out of luck for updated maps?
Alan Morford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2013, 05:30 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
I'm trying to give nDrive beta a chance on my Pre 3. Navit is too rudimentary for me. I'm nervous about buying the map though. The North America version says 2011.03. Does that mean I'm out of luck for updated maps?
What does Navit lack that you need?
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2013, 05:45 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
They've removed their apps from the catalog and there have been no map updates, so I don't think there will be any updates in the future unless webos rises from the ashes.
Ben
benh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2013, 07:26 PM   #47 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
What does Navit lack that you need?
Navit is a little hard to use. I'm going to give nDrive beta a chance and if it doesn't work then I know Navit is the only option. Really, I'm hoping ACL is made for Pre 3 and I can get Google Maps nav back but as we all know it may be a pipedream. If Navit could speak street names and interstate names I would not be having this discussion. I work in Washington DC and live in Virginia and Navit had a really hard time trying to get me home. It COULD have been my Pre+'s fault. We all know the GPS troubles that gem of a device has! I'll test it on my Pre 3 next week.
Old 08/22/2013, 07:29 PM   #48 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benh View Post
They've removed their apps from the catalog and there have been no map updates, so I don't think there will be any updates in the future unless webos rises from the ashes.
Ben
I went ahead and bought the last map they released. I'll test it next week too.
Old 08/22/2013, 10:41 PM   #49 (permalink)

I migrated my NDrive license to my Galaxy S4 from my Pre3. I'll double check the map version again and see what it is when I download it again.

Navit works but is not very user friendly. My only problem with NDrive is not having the house number readily available when arriving at a destination.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Vent Mounted Touchstone for Pre3 DIY!
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2013, 06:33 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Navit is a little hard to use. I'm going to give nDrive beta a chance and if it doesn't work then I know Navit is the only option. Really, I'm hoping ACL is made for Pre 3 and I can get Google Maps nav back but as we all know it may be a pipedream. If Navit could speak street names and interstate names I would not be having this discussion. I work in Washington DC and live in Virginia and Navit had a really hard time trying to get me home. It COULD have been my Pre+'s fault. We all know the GPS troubles that gem of a device has! I'll test it on my Pre 3 next week.
Navit speaks road and route names for me.
Old 08/23/2013, 06:44 PM   #51 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Mine just says "turn left soon". I wish it was more specific. First world problems...
Old 08/23/2013, 08:36 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Mine just says "turn left soon". I wish it was more specific. First world problems...
Are the roads etc named on the map? Sounds more like 3rd world problem. :-)
Old 08/23/2013, 08:39 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah. Except the speech engine says "doctor" for Dr instead of saying "drive"

NDrive is worth every penny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Vent Mounted Touchstone for Pre3 DIY!
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2014, 06:47 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, but Post Code search would make it a super app.
Paulscarbs is online now   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0