webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > nDrive leaving webOS
nDrive leaving webOS
  Reply
Like Tree5Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06/15/2012, 06:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 244
I've got the beta app on my pre3 and bought the NZ/AUS maps. Works fine for me, but the maps are now getting older. At least they could update the maps and make them available for webOS. I would even be prepared to pay for an updated map.

This is really sad. Luckily I still have my Treo 650/Garmin GPS combination which uses open source maps which are regularly updated.
renater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2012, 12:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
Beta tester for a looong time with NDrive here. I've found that the beta maps use the system time to decide whether or not they are expired. It appears the system time can be adjusted manually. YMMV.

The maps can be moved to the media/internal and saved to a computer. (Look in the "maps" folder)
The ipk can be downloaded here: NDrive Beta Program • Login
hi I have maps about to expire, do I simply change the system time on my pre?

many thanks,
Paul d
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2012, 12:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
PreJim's Avatar
 
Posts: 348
I have the App catalog version. Is there any way I can save the maps to my computer in case I ever have to doctor my phone?

Thanks
__________________
WebOS the best kept secret out there!

Using the Veer on AT&T and loving it.
PreJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 04:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Goyena's Avatar
 
Posts: 893
To obtain the beta ipk:
• NDrive V11.4.01 (33934)Ht ipk (if the one above isn't available and you know how to install an ipk): http://bit.ly/rPatru
◦ NDrive V11.3.03 (33187)Ht ipk (if the one above isn't available and you know how to install an ipk): http://bit.ly/nADzL9

The maps can be saved by using WOSQI to download the file from the apps' "maps" folder. If that means nothing to you, than use Internalz to browse to:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.ndrive.******/maps
(the ***** part is different depending on which beta you've installed.)

Move the maps to /media/internal/ and save to your computer's hard drive.

I can't give any information on downloading maps, beta or otherwise, nor can I distribute those that I have for legal reasons, so don't bother asking (harsh, I know )

Concerning expiration dates, all I can say is that once my maps expired on a weekend, so I couldn't ask for an extension...I had to set the system clock back for another reason...and NDrive didn't object so much any more.
__________________
Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
Goyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by ananimus, Balooz
Old 06/18/2012, 05:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 29
Given that ndrive has abandoned the development of its navigator, does anyone know how you can get the map of Iberia for use in the beta?
Send me a PM.
Thanks!
Lluisinho
lluisinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 05:36 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by lluisinho View Post
Given that ndrive has abandoned the development of its navigator, does anyone know how you can get the map of Iberia for use in the beta?
Send me a PM.
Thanks!
Lluisinho
The maps can still be purchased from the store accessible from inside ndrive. The question is for how long... another question is how big are those maps ( by example, I may consider buying the EU complete package vs just Italy, but I would like to know how much space they would take ), and if there would be updates for them.

The maps should be exactly the same files sold and licensed for the other platforms, the real question is if we would have access to updates.

A side note... is one of the 2 beta ndrive better than the other ?
mazzinia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 08:55 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
grappler's Avatar
 
Posts: 798
Wow, this just sucks. The most useful app on my Pre3.

grappler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 06:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Proximity's Avatar
 
Posts: 44
The EU complete package will take up 3.11 GB of space. The Italy-map (within the complete package) is 373 MB big.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Proximity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 07:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 485
Argh, thanks....

I suppose that there's no way to buy the complete package and download only parts of it ( or bit by bit )
mazzinia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2012, 04:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
BlueRQ's Avatar
 
Posts: 37
maps purchase continue to work, i've bought 2 maps last week....
but my Pre3 has some issues and i cannot even use the camera, so i wanted to doctor it,
but i was trying not to because of ndrive.... so if any of you have the IPK for the latest beta....
i think is 11.4 i'll be very glad!

hope you can help me and my dad
__________________
webOS [[[ ]
BlueRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2012, 11:13 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 67
Hello,

I bought NDrive France on my previous Veer but unfortunately, my phone became partly unusable, as the magnetic USB connector stopped working (either for charge or USB connection...).

I had a spare Veer that I'm using right now, and I installed the beta NDrive app (still available through HP beta category of the catalog). Unfortunately, my maps having been bought on the previous device, they are registered with the devide id (nduId in impostah) of my previous veer, and I cannot install or download them on me new Veer. Ndrive support plays dead. I tried to override my previous Veer nduId but it does not seem to work : the device id I see clicking about in Ndrive is the real one, not the overriden one... I don't know where Ndrive gets it from.

anyone has an idea ?

Regards,

Lionel
TheOneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Proximity likes this.
Thanked By: Proximity
Old 09/18/2012, 06:27 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneill View Post
Hello,

I bought NDrive France on my previous Veer but unfortunately, my phone became partly unusable, as the magnetic USB connector stopped working (either for charge or USB connection...).

I had a spare Veer that I'm using right now, and I installed the beta NDrive app (still available through HP beta category of the catalog). Unfortunately, my maps having been bought on the previous device, they are registered with the devide id (nduId in impostah) of my previous veer, and I cannot install or download them on me new Veer. Ndrive support plays dead. I tried to override my previous Veer nduId but it does not seem to work : the device id I see clicking about in Ndrive is the real one, not the overriden one... I don't know where Ndrive gets it from.

anyone has an idea ?

Regards,

Lionel
As a PDK app, NDrive uses PDL_GetUniqueID I suppose. Don't know if there is a a way to force nduid (either building the doctor or in runtime) but for someone switching from one device to another one, it would be the only way to keep on using the app with the maps bought on the store I guess.

Received a 2nd answer from support today : contact HP. I'm sure HP will be very reactive to update the nduid string attached to my account stored in NDRIVE sn database...

Lionel
TheOneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Proximity likes this.
Thanked By: Proximity
Old 11/02/2012, 02:24 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
vasekvi's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,209
Still have NDrive beta on my Pre3 that I downloaded using app tuckerbox, bought US maps from within the app (although I had the app catalog version on my pre2 that wouldn't transfer over)

Still works beautifully and has live traffic updates ($12/yr subscription)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
__________________
-



Vent Mounted Touchstone for Pre3 DIY!
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 09:10 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
carldc's Avatar
 
Posts: 434
Me, too. Just used it today!
carldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/2012, 01:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Jimbode's Avatar
 
Posts: 424
I'm so glad I found this thread. Been wondering what to do with the 30 worth of useless app sitting on my Pre 2 that now tells me my app is no longer licensed. I e-mailed the wonderful people at NDrive asking for a refund only to be told to contact HP support. Then I found this thread and downloaded the beta app which worked. Clicking on "My NDrive" in the app allowed me to download my maps that had been included with my original purchase.
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 12:03 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 996
Sigh. Wish I hadn't missed this. Just moved from Sprint Pre 2 (always had Sprint Nav) to a Pre 3 on AT&T (straight talk).

Installed the beta and it looks beautiful, but when I go to buy maps, the app says it can't connect right now. Do they not have any way to shell out for some maps? We may be fully cut off now.
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 12:26 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
Sigh. Wish I hadn't missed this. Just moved from Sprint Pre 2 (always had Sprint Nav) to a Pre 3 on AT&T (straight talk).

Installed the beta and it looks beautiful, but when I go to buy maps, the app says it can't connect right now. Do they not have any way to shell out for some maps? We may be fully cut off now.
Correction... was able to connect to the store in 11.3. Now downloading almost 2.5 GB of map data. That's a good deal though. Should be better when I'm out in the hills where there's no data signal. Was fun watching TeleNav try to reroute if I took a wrong turn in the middle of no where.

Yay! I just spent $33 on maps for an application there's no more support for! Oh, wait...
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 12:53 AM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
Correction... was able to connect to the store in 11.3. Now downloading almost 2.5 GB of map data. That's a good deal though. Should be better when I'm out in the hills where there's no data signal. Was fun watching TeleNav try to reroute if I took a wrong turn in the middle of no where.

Yay! I just spent $33 on maps for an application there's no more support for! Oh, wait...
No worries, did the same 6 months ago. Still enjoying this app on my pre3 although I noticed recently that the maps (New Zealand) are getting a bit outdated. Guess we won't see any map updates.
renater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 10:23 AM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 485
Shouldn't the maps be the same, btw different OS (but same program revision) ?
If yes, we should get updates as the others
mazzinia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 04:47 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
Shouldn't the maps be the same, btw different OS (but same program revision) ?
If yes, we should get updates as the others
From what I understand is that new maps are only released for higher versions. These maps won't be compatible with webOS version. But maybe they can surprise us sometime....
renater is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0