1.    #1  
    I was wondering for long time, there's been some apps on my palm phone that hasn't been available for the HP TouchPad and who know that if they will ever make it. The current apps that I'm referring were never modified to even run on the HP TouchPad WebOS 3.0, but its frustrating to know that favorite apps that are found on WebOS 1.4.5 will never ever be playable on the larger tablet. Well, going to the nitty-gritty of the matter.....Could I somehow try to install those apps on my HP TouchPad with the use of WebOS Doctor(extracting the codes) ? And Then use Preware install to transfer them on my TouchPad ? I even want to make them full screen mode and maybe add a slideable pane with Enyo from the Dev SDK tools, could it be possible ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    The Doctor is a JAR file, JAR is just a ZIP file actually. You can open it with WinRAR or 7Zip for example.

Inside the JAR file you will have a resources folder. Inside this resources folder there are usually 2 TAR files. 1 is with the main webOS files, the other is with the apps from the carrier.

In my Veer 2.1.2 Doctor I have the following TAR files:

webOS.TAR: Main rootfs file system.
    wr.TAR: Lots of IPK files for apps Usually carrier specific ones though.

I hope this is helpful In case you need more help let me know

The IPK files you can unpack with 7Zip to get the source, modify them and repackage so they are full-screen on the Touchpad
    Just install app tuckerbox in preware. Its an app by webos internals that lets you install any app you bought already on any of your other webOS devices.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The Doctor is a JAR file, JAR is just a ZIP file actually. You can open it with WinRAR or 7Zip for example.

Inside the JAR file you will have a resources folder. Inside this resources folder there are usually 2 TAR files. 1 is with the main webOS files, the other is with the apps from the carrier.

In my Veer 2.1.2 Doctor I have the following TAR files:

webOS.TAR: Main rootfs file system.
    wr.TAR: Lots of IPK files for apps Usually carrier specific ones though.

I hope this is helpful In case you need more help let me know

The IPK files you can unpack with 7Zip to get the source, modify them and repackage so they are full-screen on the Touchpad
    While I didn't describe which apps from WebOS 1.4.5, I was trying to find away to port them to my TouchPad. The apps I'm referring to are the ones found on WebOS phones like the Amazon mp3 store and Tasks. Amazingly, those apps never were ported to the HP TouchPad due to poor execution from HP. I've already downloaded the Doctor on my computer, been trying to figure things out to extract those codes but its been unsuccessful efforts on my parts. My computer keeps telling about an error occurs when trying to open the application for the WebOS doctor, and I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong that it won't let me run the WebOS doctor. I'm currently using the Mozilla Firefox to download the file, should I try a different browser ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    people have gotten amazon mp3 working, don't know about tasks...