Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    I discovered an issue I was going to report to HP/Palm but before I do wanted to see if others see what I see.

They changed the App Catalog (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...m.app.findapps) to handle previous versions and newer versions, I made a chart below of my findings with the Angry Birds games.

What I see in the App Catalog is now mismatched… (tested on a Pre2, PrePlus, PixiPlus, Veer, and Touchpad, I did not test on my Pre3 it is not connected to a Palm Profile)

If I have a Pre2 and want Angry Birds it no longer has the latest version (1.5.3) it is now forced to use an older release (1.5.1) which is now to say that depending on the device now depends on the version of the app that was released from the developer.

As most developers walked away a game I have on my Pre2 (without backups) when restored from the App Catalog would be a previous version (not what was paid for).

This should be corrected, by HP/Palm as the developer long sense gave up, now we the customer is getting less then what we paid for!

Let me know if others see this same thing?

Touchpad Angry Birds (Pre, TouchPad) 1.5.3
    Pre 2 Angry Birds 1.5.1 (Paid for and bought 1.5.3)
    PrePlus Angry Birds 1.5.3
    Veer Angry Birds for Pixi 1.5.3
    PixiPlus Angry Birds for Pixi 1.5.3

Touchpad Angry Birds Seasons (TouchPad, Pre 2, Pre3, Veer) 1.6.0
    Pre 2 Angry Birds Seasons 1.6.0
    PrePlus Angry Birds Seasons 1.4.0 (Paid for and bought 1.6.0 and it works on PrePlus under webOS 2.1.0/2.2.4)
    Veer Angry Birds Seasons 1.6.0
    Veer Angry Birds Seasons for Pixi 1.2.0
    PixiPlus Angry Birds Seasons for Pixi 1.3.0

Touchpad Angry Birds Rio (Pre, TouchPad) 1.0.0
    Pre 2 Angry Birds Rio 1.3.2
    PrePlus Angry Birds Rio 1.0.0 (Paid for and bought 1.3.2 and it works on PrePlus under webOS 2.1.0/2.2.4)
    Veer Angry Birds Rio 1.3.2

Touchpad Angry Birds Seasons Free (TouchPad, Pre 2, Pre, Pre3) 1.3.0
    Pre 2 Angry Birds Seasons Free 1.3.0
    PrePlus Angry Birds Seasons Free 1.3.0
    Veer Angry Birds Seasons Free for Pixi 1.2.0
    PixiPlus Angry Birds Seasons Free for Pixi 1.3.0

Touchpad Angry Birds Lite (TouchPad, Pre 2, Pre, Pre3) 1.4.2
    Pre 2 Angry Birds Lite 1.4.2
    PrePlus Angry Birds Lite 1.4.2
    PixiPlus Angry Birds Lite for Pixi 1.4.2

Touchpad Angry Birds Rio Free (TouchPad, Pre 2, Pre, Pre3) 1.0.0
    Pre 2 Angry Birds Rio Free 1.0.0
    PrePlus Angry Birds Rio Free 1.0.0

Touchpad Angry Birds Seasons HD (TouchPad) 1.6.0
    Touchpad Angry Birds Rio HD (TouchPad) 1.3.2
    Touchpad Angry Birds HD (TouchPad) 1.5.3
    Last edited by John Steffes; 06/10/2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Pre3 Angry Birds 1.5.3
    Rio 1.3.2
    Seasons Free 1.3.0

That's all I have for you.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I doctored my TP and now Angry Birds HD fails to restore... any ideas?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    My Angry Birds (AB) is Version 1.5.1 and the Seasons version is 1.6.0. So these are different than what I was running on my Pre+...v1.5.3 and 1.4.0. Looks like Seasons is a later version on the Pre2 (it has Mooncake Festival and Summer Picnic which I didn't have on my Pre+).
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Anyone know if this is still the case?
    I did not get angry birds when I ran the ipk script a week ago. Just the free seasons and rio
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Anyone know if this is still the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I did not get angry birds when I ran the ipk script a week ago. Just the free seasons and rio
    I checked my devices, they still have the same limitations the versions are still mis-matched for my devices at least (YMMV)...

The way I tested is I opened up the App Catalog, searched for Angry Birds, selected the paid Angry Birds, clicked the title and you can see the version (for my Pre2 V1.5.1 2/4/11 44.22M, for my PrePlus V1.5.3 6/1/12 47.66M)
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/10/2015 at 09:05 PM.
    Remy X likes this.