Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    The ability to read Kindle Books is something I really miss when I'm on my Pre3, and it's even more of a shame since Amazon released a webapp for desktop browsers and the iPad almost a year ago.

Has anyone tried to spoof the Amazon website into thinking their phone is an iPad to get the Cloud Reader working? Would this work?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I don't think you can expect anyone to port their software to a dead platform.
    There is a Kindle Beta App for the touchpad though. I use it, it seems stable.
    I don't guess there will be a Kindle App for the Pre3 though. Heck, I don't think the TP-app will ever leave beta stage.

It's sad, but it's over. Maybe webOS can be kickstarted with the release of openWebOS in September. But seeing that there is still nobody interested in putting it on their hardware, I would say the possibilities seem grim to me.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    I don't think you can expect anyone to port their software to a dead platform.
    There is a Kindle Beta App for the touchpad though. I use it, it seems stable.
    I don't guess there will be a Kindle App for the Pre3 though. Heck, I don't think the TP-app will ever leave beta stage.

It's sad, but it's over. Maybe webOS can be kickstarted with the release of openWebOS in September. But seeing that there is still nobody interested in putting it on their hardware, I would say the possibilities seem grim to me.
    I understand all that, but I'm specifically talking about the Cloud reader, which is entirely browser based.

I was simply wondering if anyone had tried to spoof the Amazon site into thinking their Pre was an iPad or a desktop browser, and thus let them view the Cloud Reader in the browser.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums