Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Am I just seeing things or did all the Angry Bird apps get an update on June 1 2012?
    No updates here, where are you seeing an update?
    No updates for me as well, something i have been waiting for.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Well I had to doctor my TouchPad and when it finished Angry birds HD wouldn't load. So I went into the app catalog and now the regular HD version is 1.99 and has a date of June 6, 2012 listed as the last update. I checked it several times and I am pretty sure I'm not seeing things. Angry birds seasons is now HD and has 54 levels in each season. Unless I am way behind this is new.
    I am showing all three Angry Birds were updated June 1st 2012, yet they are all at the same versions before the "update". Angry Birds is still updated only to Ham em High and Seasons is still stuck at Mooncake Festival. I don't understand what is going on.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    I am showing all three Angry Birds were updated June 1st 2012, yet they are all at the same versions before the "update". Angry Birds is still updated only to Ham em High and Seasons is still stuck at Mooncake Festival. I don't understand what is going on.
    TheAngry Birds Seasons version I paid for last night has:
    Mooncake Festival0/99
    Summer Pignic0/90
    Easter Eggs0/54
    Go Green, Get Lucky0/54
    Hogs and Kisses0/54
    Season's Greedings0/75
    Trick or Treat 0/135
    The graphics are all HD, not pixelated. I browsed through all of the main boards and played at least one board just to see if they were playable and not just empty cards.
    Like I said I migh be a little behind. The last time I checked Angry birds they did not have these levels or the good graphics.
    Seasons HD was not available when the TP first arrived, but they updated it around September or Octorber. It has been stuck on the above levels ever since.
    Every app in the App Catalog available to European countries received an automatic metadata (app information, like price) on June 1st/2nd to adjust the prices to European customers as a result of a VAT increase for app purchases. You can see more about it here: http://www.webosnation.com/app-catal...rozone-pricing
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I added a TouchPad to my existing profile and all my apps from my profile were restored automatically except for 'Angry Birds HD'. I have tried numerous times to download it from the app catalog, where it is listed as 'Free', but I am unable to do so. I have tried for several days with no luck. Any ideas what may be the problem? SO does this also mena that if I were to doctor one of my pads, I will not be able to download Angry Birds HD again?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I added a TouchPad to my existing profile and all my apps from my profile were restored automatically except for 'Angry Birds HD'. I have tried numerous times to download it from the app catalog, where it is listed as 'Free', but I am unable to do so. I have tried for several days with no luck. Any ideas what may be the problem? SO does this also mena that if I were to doctor one of my pads, I will not be able to download Angry Birds HD again?
    Failures should show in Software Manager. So go there and scroll down to Angry Birds. If there's a exclamation icon in the row tap it, and post the message here.

Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    The App Catalog seems to do that from time to time. Go on your computer and use the appredirect pages for more accurate info.

OT: Looks like HP recently redesigned the appredirect pages. Now it's a dark theme instead of the webOS light theme. I liked the old one better.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Failures should show in Software Manager. So go there and scroll down to Angry Birds. If there's a exclamation icon in the row tap it, and post the message here.
    The message states the following:
    Code:
    "Download Error
    There was a problem downloading the application
    Try Again | Don't Download"
    I have tried "Try Again" repeatedly with the same result. I have also deleted the listing and tried downloading again from the app catalog, with the same results. Am I the only one facing this issue?

Are you tapping the exclamation mark in the triangle ? It won't download if you click on "download/ try again"
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjaycee View Post
    Are you tapping the exclamation mark in the triangle ? It won't download if you click on "download/ try again"
    Yes, that is exactly where I am tapping and the above message is exactly what I am getting,

In any case, the situation has now changed. I just deleted the Angry Bird HD listing from the 'software manager' and then rebooted the TouchPad. Now when I go to the App catalog it no longer shows 'Angry Birds HD' as free and instead it shows a price of $1.99. WT* is going on here. This, along with the disappearance of other paid and free apps from the app catalog, has got me thinking that maybe it is time to start searching the net for ipk files for all my installed apps. It seems that there is no assurance that we will have access to even the apps that we have paid for. HP's handling of webOS and it's contempt for webOS users, seems to only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I lost my Angry Birds HD after Doctor as well. Failure to download.
    I also lost angry birds after a visit to the doctoras well as a chess game which I had just bought a couple of weeks ago, No sign of it in the catalogue to re download will it eventually come back or has it been pulled ?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yeah, *** is going on? i ran webos doctor last night. everything got restored EXCEPT angry birds. same exclamation mark like above, same results like above.
    I too was unable to download after using webos dr. however, just checked the app catalogue for first time in a while and it it listed as being free again...