Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By thaustein
  1.    #1  
    Announcing my new application to follow the European championship 2012 live on the TouchPad

Keep track of every match including match timeline, player names of goal scorer, yellow and red cards, kick off times with countdown and group rankings. See at a glance what teams would play in which finals.

EURO 2012 in the AppCatalog

More on http://www.hausteinapps.com/

Looking good! Is phone compatibility planned?
    Also, I noticed an iOS version. Im curious as to whether they share the same code.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.
    I am not so sure about the phone compatibility yet, as I have to change the interface quite a bit.

The app is also available for the iPad, and yes, they do share the same code. It's done by PhoneGap. Surprisingly on the iPad 3 the CSS performance was worse than on the TouchPad. I had to remove some transparency effects to get it as fast.
    if it isnt too hard this would be great to port over to the Pre for when i am on the go!
    Thanks for the app!
    Would you be able to add some caching, so it'd be usable offline?
    Quote Originally Posted by thaustein View Post
    I am not so sure about the phone compatibility yet, as I have to change the interface quite a bit.
    Not an issue since its only for a month or so. A great feature would be to make the data permanent for future reference. I still have an old World Cup app (WCup 2006) on my Palm OS device that I check back on once in a while. Its packed w/ all sorts of data on game history, venue history, stats, photos, etc., along w/ the schedules and players.
    I'll be picking this up, the interface looks better than sportslive! Well done to the dev, always excited to see new apps from webos.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    @ thaustein

As suggested by Mivoligo, caching this would be great. We're not always near a Wi-Fi signal when we want to check out the 'historic' scores etc.

Excellent app and so much nicer than any 'i' version I've seen.

Thanks

Well, the first 2 games have now completed and although the scores for the matches updated well the points table is unchanged. Shouldn't this update at the end of each game?

Cheers
    Last edited by MikeN68; 06/08/2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: update
    The same problem as MikeN68 reported: the table with scores for group A is not updated.
    Also, at some point during Russia-Czech Rep. game, the table was shifted down, so it wasn't fully visible. I couldn't scroll it to see all content. After restarting the app, everything was fine again.
    Today I've noticed that tables with scores are updated but show only 3 teams. Screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    sad. :-(

Embarrasing to show this to an 'I' friend now. It was such a nice feeling before as this looked polished and well designed.

Please please can these issues be fixed soon.

Thanks
  12.    #12  
    The bug on the standings table has now been fixed, just restart the app. Big sorry for that! Now all 4 teams per group will be shown.

Best,
    Thomas
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thaustein View Post
    The bug on the standings table has now been fixed, just restart the app. Big sorry for that! Now all 4 teams per group will be shown.

Best,
    Thomas
    Thanks for the fix Thomas

FYI, I had to do a device restart to see the change, just restarting the app didn't do it for me.

BTW, I hope you will create an app for the World Cup
  14.    #14  
    Just to let you know:

The finals screen is now showing the possible options what team would play against each other considering the current group standings. Also, the group standings are now in realtime as well for active matches.

To enable that features, just restart the app or (if this doesn't do it) restart the TouchPad.

Best,
    Thomas

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    This is a great app.
    Thanks thaustin. Everything now looks fantastic
    Very beautifull.

Sad that in the Soccer Country (Brazil), we have no option like that for webOS..

Best Regards... B)
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)