Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Anyone else notice an update to the Movie Store today?

There isn't a release notes, so I'm not sure what is in the update...
    Just checked now, and I am not seeing anything. The HP Movie Store in the App Catalog is still showing the most recent at 1.0.48 from July 21st of 2011.

What version were you upgraded to?
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    Just checked now, and I am not seeing anything. The HP Movie Store in the App Catalog is still showing the most recent at 1.0.48 from July 21st of 2011.

What version were you upgraded to?
    it takes a bit of time for those updates to show up on the HP catalog system, I just tonight past midnight and the update showed up. The new version is 1.1.7 update, haven't noticed any new different only can tell that it acts a bit snappier than before. Also some movie trailer plays better now, before tons of them didn't play at all....however this update some movie trailer plays correctly. Head down to the App Catalog and press the update button.......
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I finally got the update. I agree the app does seem to open faster and is snappier. Unfortunately it fixes nothing that matters, the selection is still poor compared to the PC side, the movies are overpriced and you still cannot buy a movie on the TouchPad and watch in on the PC or vice versa.

Disappointing
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    I finally got the update. I agree the app does seem to open faster and is snappier. Unfortunately it fixes nothing that matters, the selection is still poor compared to the PC side, the movies are overpriced and you still cannot buy a movie on the TouchPad and watch in on the PC or vice versa.

Disappointing
    Yep, I agree still disappointing still to see such an app being short on delivering content and TV shows. It would be great to see the app updated to bring more capabilities to the tablet, like PC and tablet integration for buying movies and renting them as well. That is where one of the areas where the TouchPad failed miserably was on delivering content on the TouchPad, while you got strong competitors like Apple having iTunes with Airplay.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Anyone having an issue with the Movie Store Update with an error message - "Playback is disabled in developer mode"?
    I'm having the same issue since I updated the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumsSF View Post
    Anyone having an issue with the Movie Store Update with an error message - "Playback is disabled in developer mode"?
    Go here if you still have the issue - http://www.technipages.com/palm-pre-...oper-mode.html