Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
  1.    #1  
    As any long time pre central member and die hard webOS fan knows we here at pre central and now webOSnation have long been big supporters of our devs who continued to support our platform despite greener pastures elsewhere. Two years ago, on the one year anniversary of the pre's release, we held a "buy an app" day to support the developers...that was a resounding success. Last year we were in the midst of a bleeding fan and developer base with only the pre 2 on vzw and the veer on att garnering minimal hardware support, while eagerly awaiting the touch pads and pre3's release...yet we still held a "buy an app" day with some success.

This year of course we are on life support...no new hardware. No new apps, seemingly literally, being released in the app catalogue. There are maybe 100 webOS users left (jk but it's really really getting smaller)...and most die hard webOS fans like myself have moved on to other platforms...but most diehard like myself are also still playing around with their webOS phones and touch pad for nostalgic/masochistic/forever hopeful reasons...and are still fully aware of what's going on in the webOS world...including the few apps and home brew stuff that are still being released.

So I ask you...and the thousands of new webOS family using their fire sale touch pads...boot up in webOS mode on your tp, or slide open your veer/pre minus/preplus/pre2/pre3, pull out your touchstone...charge up your phone...and BUY AN APP (or donate to webosinternals or your favorite home brew devs) to support existing devs, keep this dream alive, continue tradition...or just for good times sake.

Some of my favorites of all time:
    The new Google maps...on preware
    Preware
    Forums
    Auction mate pro
    Box.net
    Dropboxify
    Lexicomp
    Internalz
    All apps by palmdoc and James harris and inglorious apps

Feel free to add.
    Last edited by MDsmartphone; 06/03/2012 at 08:50 PM.
    Guess I will go ahead and buy webOS App Builder
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I'm over due for a webos internals donation. I'll be sure to hit them and the google maps guy (girl?). Thanks for remembering to do this!
    I don't know what I'll buy, but I'm sure to buy something.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    No new apps? I see 2 times a week new apps on the Catalogue. Now I'm not saying they're all fantastic, but new=new.
    IAmA reddit, especially if you use a webOS phone. Imho its a great app.. Slick to use with a lot of extra features if you look around, reviews are good, but sales are baaaad.

I'm still keen on developing more apps, Incoming being next, and have been playing around with ideas like an epub viewer similar to Aldiko, a browser with some tweaks (like orientation lock!), etc, and bringing these experiences to the Desktop too through open Enyo.

A purchase/donation goes a long way to drive incentive and motivate
    tholap likes this.
    I'm in
    And IAmA Reddit is really good
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    good idea. Just bought iama reddit. Will give to webos internals too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    good idea. Just bought iama reddit. Will give to webos internals too.
    Noooo, it's not the 6th yet
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    It just so happens my new (used) touchpad is set to arrive on the 6th. I'll look into buying something when I get it booted up.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I've spent more money on WebOS apps than I ever spent on iOS apps. My firesale TouchPad was more of a bargain in the first place, and I just feel more like I should support the WebOS developers. I use most of my apps actively, so I certainly get my money's worth. I'm sure I can find one more to buy on the 6th.
  12.    #13  
    Keep up the good work guys.
    Reminds me why this community is still the best.
    I'm due for some new ones, not sure what I'm going to get yet, got a couple of days to figure it out though. Tron light cycles will probably be one if them (one of my old faves from the old stand-up arcade days) as well as DataJog, which I've meant to pick up for some time and haven't gotten around to doing jt.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    As any long time pre central member and die hard webOS fan knows we here at pre central and now webOSnation have long been big supporters of our devs who continued to support our platform despite greener pastures elsewhere. Two years ago, on the one year anniversary of the pre's release, we held a "buy an app" day to support the developers...that was a resounding success. Last year we were in the midst of a bleeding fan and developer base with only the pre 2 on vzw and the veer on att garnering minimal hardware support, while eagerly awaiting the touch pads and pre3's release...yet we still held a "buy an app" day with some success.

This year of course we are on life support...no new hardware. No new apps, seemingly literally, being released in the app catalogue. There are maybe 100 webOS users left (jk but it's really really getting smaller)...and most die hard webOS fans like myself have moved on to other platforms...but most diehard like myself are also still playing around with their webOS phones and touch pad for nostalgic/masochistic/forever hopeful reasons...and are still fully aware of what's going on in the webOS world...including the few apps and home brew stuff that are still being released.

So I ask you...and the thousands of new webOS family using their fire sale touch pads...boot up in webOS mode on your tp, or slide open your veer/pre minus/preplus/pre2/pre3, pull out your touchstone...charge up your phone...and BUY AN APP (or donate to webosinternals or your favorite home brew devs) to support existing devs, keep this dream alive, continue tradition...or just for good times sake.

Some of my favorites of all time:
    The new Google maps...on preware
    Preware
    Forums
    Auction mate pro
    Box.net
    Dropboxify
    Lexicomp
    Internalz
    All apps by palmdoc and James harris and inglorious apps

Feel free to add.
    MDsmartphone, very nice initiative out of your part to still support WebOS platform even though in the end there's barely any hope at all. And I think that with the "Buy an App" campaign to support the dying development of the WebOS which it seems it had stopped to halt its a very nice and great idea. I just wished that I could a had at least a PayPal account to make some donations to those dedicated-hardworking developers. But I do got a few questions still in my mind, If we support this campaign what will make it think that it could pick-up any activity on WebOS development ? And seeing, that WebOS have no future hardware plans, will developer ever come back to support WebOS ?

While, I support this idea of buying an application. However, I barely see an app that might be worth buying either from homebrew or HP catalog that I'm willing to spent my money on. Just wish, we could have at least half the apps that iOS has or android.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Of course don't forget to pick up Wild'n Video Poker... and my new app (if it makes it there in time) Game On! .....
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I just wished that I could a had at least a PayPal account to make some donations to those dedicated-hardworking developers.
    If you have either a bank account or a credit card....you can get a PayPal account. No wishing required.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    bevcraw likes this.
    @MDSmartphone: Thanks for the reminder. I've always liked commemorating "webOS Day" that way. I think it communicates the right message about our little community: "We are still here, we are still using our webOS devices--and we want apps!"

So...I'm in. I tend to buy apps in waves, and I see the crest of one on the horizon...
  18.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    MDsmartphone, very nice initiative out of your part to still support WebOS platform even though in the end there's barely any hope at all. And I think that with the "Buy an App" campaign to support the dying development of the WebOS which it seems it had stopped to halt its a very nice and great idea. I just wished that I could a had at least a PayPal account to make some donations to those dedicated-hardworking developers. But I do got a few questions still in my mind, If we support this campaign what will make it think that it could pick-up any activity on WebOS development ? And seeing, that WebOS have no future hardware plans, will developer ever come back to support WebOS ?

While, I support this idea of buying an application. However, I barely see an app that might be worth buying either from homebrew or HP catalog that I'm willing to spent my money on. Just wish, we could have at least half the apps that iOS has or android.
    Read my full post.
    Just trying to keep up a tradition, for what its worth.
    If its not worth it for u don't buy anything.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    i will do my part. Great idea. Let's make it a buy an app week.
    Last edited by suprolla; 06/04/2012 at 06:30 PM.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    treodoc755 likes this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast