Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    In the Software Manager, I tried updating QuickOffice and I get a failed update... anyone else have this problem? What's wrong?
    I thought I was seeing things when I read this post, since only the TouchPad ever got QO updates, so I checked my phone. Indeed there's this 1.0.585 update, but it says "Palm Internal Use only", and there's a Beta tag on it...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I thought I was seeing things when I read this post, since only the TouchPad ever got QO updates, so I checked my phone. Indeed there's this 1.0.585 update, but it says "Palm Internal Use only", and there's a Beta tag on it...
    So... what you're saying is you can't upgrade it? Oh well, bummer, but it's okay, I bought the Piscel SmartOffice app
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raphaelgo View Post
    In the Software Manager, I tried updating QuickOffice and I get a failed update... anyone else have this problem? What's wrong?
    Yep, same problem here...
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Same on Pre 3, and I can't get my app catalog to open either. Just sits there with the loading symbol and only the top left (people) featured app loads.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Last night, for the first time ever, I was able to set up my Dropbox account on Quickoffice on my Pre 3. Today, maybe unrelated, I can't get the App Catalog to load properly. The top left featured app (People) loads but the screen is greyed out and just the loading icon is there. Sits like that for hours. Also today, I was alerted to an app update which was for QuickOffice, which I did, but the update failed. When I went into the app the update it was trying to apply was Quickoffice Beta, and when I click on the app to see its description it has a picture of the Touchpad app and a description "PALM INTERNAL USE ONLY". Now I've got a non-functioning QuickOffice (as the old one has gone) and my app catalog is still dead. Have tried restarting twice, app catalog is fine on touchpads and wife's Veer.

I just checked QuickOffice's website and can't find any webOS versions of Quickoffice mentioned. Ominous...

1) What's the deal with this non-functioning Quickoffice update, and 2) what's up with my App Catalog and how do I fix it?

Cheers.
    All I can tell you is that the QO update appeared on my Pre 3 too - "PALM INTERNAL USE ONLY" - I have a completely regular 2.2.4 Pre 3 - must be a mistake in the App Catalog. I guess I won't update for the time being.
    Thanks for taking the bullet
    same here. Now launching QO just goes to the app manager.
    App Tuckerbox can install the TP version of QO, which works OK on my Pre2

not the best for editing, but a better PPT viewer and such.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    I'm experiencing the exact same problems here (Pre3 UK activated).. The catalog not accessible and now a download error and corrupt QO... Not fun..
    Somebody switched the plugs..
    Anyway, hope this is solved soon without the need of a Doctor.. :-(

@gregp: Dropbox is apparently not to blame here....
    Last edited by apeka53; 06/02/2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Here on Pre2 2.2.4 also in webOS Software Update an Beta 1.0.585 of 20.4.2012 displaying for QuickOffice. Won't do this update.

No App Tuckerbox installed on this phone, so this is a HP update.
    I received the same update notification/download failed on my Pre 3 as well. I deleted the QO app (hold white square and tap icon) then restarted my phone. App reinstalled itself (default behavior) upon restart and all is well so far.
    I received the same update notification/download failed on my Pre 3 as well. I deleted the QO app (hold white square and tap icon) then restarted my phone. App reinstalled itself (default behavior) upon restart and all is well so far.
    good work matteebee. Worked for me too.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Worked for me! Thanks for the tip.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    what white square and icon are you referring to?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    keyboard white square button and the Quick Office icon
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    simple fix, when you get the download failed just tap don't download it go back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    the one at the bottom left of the keyboard. it might be orange if you have an older phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by enice2 View Post
    simple fix, when you get the download failed just tap don't download it go back to normal.
    that's rights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast