View Poll Results: What would you pay, honestly?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd rather have Netflix

5 20.83%
  • If it were $1, why not

3 12.50%
  • I'd shell $2-$4 for something this useful

3 12.50%
  • $5, not a dime more

3 12.50%
  • PDF annotate? $10 for anything decent!

6 25.00%
  • Notability? $15 for what that program brings!

4 16.67%
  • Without something like Notability, I'll probably sell my TP anyway...

0 0%
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By jrsharp70
  • 1 Post By jjwilliams73
  1.    #1  
    IMPORTANT #1 If you are just reading, and you have a TP, PLEASE register and vote! If you are here, it is because you at least Googled it and are interested. Please, if you would like to vote, take a minute to make an account if only for that reason!

IMPORTANT #2 **I meant to make the poll with multiple selections, so the last blank was also an option with the price questions... please don't click it unless a mod can fix that!**

Notability is one of a few premier PDF mark-up and productivity apps for iOS... to call it a PDF markup app only would be a disservice. Look it up... Notability - Unleash Your Note Taking Ability.

I contacted the developer:
    Hi Randy,

Thanks for passing this information along. We appreciate you taking the time to write and share your experience with us. We'll consider adding a webOS version in a future release.
    Cheers,
    Justin
    MAY 27, 2012 | 08:53PM PDT
    Original message
    randy wrote:

is there any way at all that you would consider a version (even a simple one) for webOS? Just a pen and highlighter function would fetch you $5 easily and with the Enyo portability, you could easily do a cross platform version.

there is NO competition on webOS, and notability bows away the pathetic android offerings.

thank you,
    Randy
    ***********************************************************************************

We need to figure out a way to generate some sort of buzz, some incentive, anything... a campaign would be what I'm hoping for. I'll try and contact the webOSnation website people ask about writing an article or something along those lines, but this thread needs to get a lot of hits with interest and ideas.
    Last edited by jrsharp70; 05/28/2012 at 08:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This is a great idea!

I would love Notability on WebOS.

I'd sure buy it. It would be great for taking notes in meetings.

I've considered getting a iPad just to run Notability.
  3.    #3  
    I have an iPad, and without notability, I'd have little-no use for a tablet at all except for consuming media...

If you are like me (I'm in med school and I mark up about 3-4 PDF's each day), then it is THE killer app. Heck, its the only reason I have CM on my Touchpad, and the android annotators suck.

If there were no competition from other builders on iOS, then notability/goodreader/goodnotes etc. could charge whatever they pleased, it is THAT important.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    I have an iPad, and without notability, I'd have little-no use for a tablet at all except for consuming media...

If you are like me (I'm in med school and I mark up about 3-4 PDF's each day), then it is THE killer app. Heck, its the only reason I have CM on my Touchpad, and the android annotators suck.

If there were no competition from other builders on iOS, then notability/goodreader/goodnotes etc. could charge whatever they pleased, it is THAT important.
    Which of the Android annotators suck the least?

I have loaded CM on my Touchpad as well and am testing the Android apps.

Thank you.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Which of the Android annotators suck the least?

I have loaded CM on my Touchpad as well and am testing the Android apps.

Thank you.
    dunno... I have ezpdf and it is rancid compared to iPad apps.
    Here is the deal with webOS followers: You bring it, we buy it!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  7.    #7  
    how are there hundreds of views and 10 poll replies? ***... Please vote people
    I don't know much about this notability thing, but if it has a better PDF reader I would buy it by that feature alone, now you people are saying that it also has annotation abikity? I am sold. Bring it on!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zubiaur View Post
    I don't know much about this notability thing, but if it has a better PDF reader I would buy it by that feature alone, now you people are saying that it also has annotation abikity? I am sold. Bring it on!
    you have no idea... There are about 10 competing PDF markup apps on iOS, and notability is one of the best, and the cheapest one at only $.99

look at the website, I posted a link. Great PDF rendering, add/delete pages, insert text, audio, webpages, images, highlighter, pen, rearrange pages, folder sorting, export, import... I can't even list it all...

without an app like this, the tablet form factor is just a toy. A pc can't do what these apps do... Nothing else can, and that makes this the killer app for tablets.

just go to the website.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I e-mailed ideas @ GingerLabs putting in a suggestion to port Notability to WebOS.

Justin replied reporting that 'We can see how adventitious WebOS could be' and that they plan to port to other platforms.

I would suggest for others to do the same. The more they hear about WebOS, the more that they will look at it.
    Just saw this Poll as I have not been here in a while and regret its closed. For the PDF functionality with annotation, I would be in for the $15. I rarely use the existing Picsel and Quick office PDF apps as they are not efficient enough. With such a small user base to recover costs of porting/development/support/updates, unfortunately the placing of a burden of higher price is not unreasonable. For companies that already did the porting of their products to be early contenders, it makes sense to lower the price to earn a bit of the cost back, though we notice we do not get the support as a result. If we want to attract any future apps, we can't depend on them planning for a loss to be supplemented by the profitable platforms. I don't like paying more but I understand that this is how the market works. For THIS type of app, I would not even mind the risk of disappointment of being one of the earlier adopters paying $15 and see the price drop to 7 for later adopters if that is what it takes to get on WebOS (without expecting a refund). That said, as much as I'd even be willing to pay even in the range of $20-$30, I'd have to hear positive reviews of performance on the WebOS and assurance of updates and patches that address critical performance issues.
    Last edited by jjwilliams73; 07/18/2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: clarity
    bigfootsvj likes this.