Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    Thankyou for the "forget IE" suggestions but... What's expected in each box of that login dialog?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Hello momo team,

great app and thanks for the webos support!

any plans to use https instead of http? I can see login and password in plain text (with tcpdump)

any plans for a server outside of the PRPRPR $China$?

any chance to use an own momo server?

Germany is at the other end of the world from the China. Also the PRPRPR $China$ $installed$ $some$ $security$ $devices$, $both$ $reasons$ $cause$ $a$ $high$ $delay$ $to$ $Chinese$ $servers$.
    Second, to be honest, Chinese laws are mandatory for you, so I dont feel that well to send my address book to (any) Chinese server.

I dont want to offend you, but I am aware that some things are not your decision (momo.im developers) or under your control.

best regards from Germany
    Well, I finally completed the registration process, and now I'm enjoying my own spanish version of the app. Which, by the way, is very, very promising. But internationalization of the web site is a must, unless the app itself is able to make a complete registration.

Here are the steps I took:

I got into "http://momo.im" (with Chrome, as this old IE8 has problems with some chinese texts not rendering), and opened a second tab to "http://translate.google.com", because manual simultaneous translation is a must.

Right away, at the bottom of the main "momo.im" page, I wrote my country code number, because finding my country in the combo box is impossible (have you thought of flags instead of names?). Next, I wrote my nine digit mobile phone number, and pressed the button.

A three field dialog box appears, and an SMS arrived to my phone from "+1 647 977 5953", with a verify code. That is the number you have to put in the third field: The first and second are for a user name and password of your choice. Have in mind that there are some small restrictions: User names don't allow dots, (or perhaps any other punctuation symbol) and passwords can't be shorter than six characters.

So I'm in! Now, who can I momo-chat to?

Come on momo managers, jump outside of China, this can get huge!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Hola amigos...Por favor me pueden ayudar, soy de Ecuador y tengo instalado el momo en la version ingles en mi palm pixi plus, pero no puedo activarlo u obtener la clave...Hay partes que aparecen en chino y practicamente no se el idioma chino, creo que los mensajes que me da son errores para activarlo, pero estan en chino.... Por favor ayudenme con los pasos que debo seguir para activar momo en Ecuador...please......

Edwin
    ^

Translation:
    Hello friends ... Please can you help me, I'm from Ecuador and I have installed the English version momo in my palm pixi plus, but I can not activate it or get the key ... There are parts that appear in Chinese and practically not Chinese, I think that the messages I get are errors to activate it, but they are in Chinese .... Please help with the steps I follow to activate momo in Ecuador ... please ......
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hello momo-Team,

I made a german translation. As german is always longer, abbrevations will need to be made when checking with the application.

And as nichtwirklich stated above: SSL (https://) is a must!

Thanks for supporting our platform.
    Have a nice weekend.
    cheers,

Proximity
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    has anyone had any luck with this in the UK? i haven't received my SMS with the code, so perhaps i'm doing something wrong.

i choose UK/+44 from the drop-down box.
    i entered my phone number in the format 078xxxxxxxx
    the code never arrives.

i tried this in the app and on the website.
    Dont know, but german number with international prefix (+49) must not have the leading '0'.

So either +491712345678 or 01712345678. As far as I know, +4901712345678 will not work.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nichtwirklich View Post
    Dont know, but german number with international prefix (+49) must not have the leading '0'.

So either +491712345678 or 01712345678. As far as I know, +4901712345678 will not work.
    @nichtwirklich are you simply talking about how to dial such numbers, or do you have experience with momo im I particular?
    Simply about how to dial such numbers, but also sms. Actually for myself i would expect a number in international format if i offer the countrz prefix in a dropdown
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123