Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #41  
    Sounds great, will give a try
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    Ok, so I downloaded, and I'm trying to create an app for an rss feed. When I plug the feed into the app, It shows the abbreviated content of the feed, but when I type the same feed into igoogle, I get all the content - ....

    --MGb a.k.a. DT
    Here's the new user interface preview. Users will be able to change rss version if something isn't displayed properly
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #43  
    Version 1.1.0 submitted to HP App Catalog including RSS 1.0 and 2.0 support
  4. #44  
    Noyce! Thank you very much. I'll prolly just wait until that's released and rebuild. Very awesome stuff man!

    --MGb/DT
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
  5. #45  
    Ok so I finally bought the app for buy a app day! But just as a suggestion I would like to app more then one rss feed. That would make my app perfect.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    Ok so I finally bought the app for buy a app day! But just as a suggestion I would like to app more then one rss feed. That would make my app perfect.
    Sure, I can add a second rss widget. However, you can create a custom rss feed based on several feeds, then put it in webOS App Builder.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Sure, I can add a second rss widget. However, you can create a custom rss feed based on several feeds, then put it in webOS App Builder.
    Awesome Sauce. And the ability to rename the feeds would be nice. So one feed can be Blog and I can name one YouTube and pull the feed from that.
  8.    #48  
    Naming feeds won't be available. So your app will have 2 rss feeds, with a twitter widget ? a pocket widget ?

    I'll create a layout to fit your needs.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Naming feeds won't be available. So your app will have 2 rss feeds, with a twitter widget ? a pocket widget ?

    I'll create a layout to fit your needs.
    I never cared about pocket that much, but the more the merrier i guess
  10. #50  
    Has anybody had trouble with FeedBurner URLs? I've tried a few feeds so far, and the ones that come through FeedBurner just don't work. For what it's worth, I can't load the xml versions of those feeds in the webOS browser either; even if I stipulate ?format=xml, I get the html version (though using the same URLs on Firefox on my laptop yields the xml version).
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by kolomona View Post
    Has anybody had trouble with FeedBurner URLs? I've tried a few feeds so far, and the ones that come through FeedBurner just don't work. For what it's worth, I can't load the xml versions of those feeds in the webOS browser either; even if I stipulate ?format=xml, I get the html version (though using the same URLs on Firefox on my laptop yields the xml version).
    feedburner feeds should work fine. Can you give me the feed url ?
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    feedburner feeds should work fine. Can you give me the feed url ?
    Looks like you're right; some of them do work just fine (like http://feeds.feedburner.com/precentral, for example). It must be something about the feed itself. One that I'm having problems with is http://feeds.feedburner.com/BibleUniverseDailyDevotionals?format=xml.
    Last edited by kolomona; 06/09/2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Don't auto-resolve links
  13.    #53  
    Bible universe feed only have one entry.... That may explain why it doesn't display properly. It may be broken or something ?
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Bible universe feed only have one entry.... That may explain why it doesn't display properly. It may be broken or something ?
    Maybe, but My Yahoo reads it fine. Here's another example: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ann-fr
  15.    #55  
    it doesn't work... I'll figure out this and let you know
  16. #56  
    Oh god, this sounds really good. I want to give it a try, but I live in hungary->no paid apps in the AC.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by kolomona View Post
    Maybe, but My Yahoo reads it fine. Here's another example: Adventist News Network
    this feed seems to use a deprecated RSS version. I can't parse it using RSS 1.0 and RSS 2.0 using yahoo API. More informations about rss versions here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/RSS/Version
  18. #58  
    I'd like to put a few feeds in one app like the guy above What's the best way to make a custom feed combining them?
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    this feed seems to use a deprecated RSS version. I can't parse it using RSS 1.0 and RSS 2.0 using yahoo API. More informations about rss versions here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/RSS/Version
    Ah, I see; I went to W3C Feed Validation Service, for Atom and RSS and plugged it in and it showed errors, so you're right about it being invalid. I guess My Yahoo! and Firefox's Live Bookmarks technology both must ignore the errors, because it works in both of them.
    boucles0 likes this.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I'd like to put a few feeds in one app like the guy above What's the best way to make a custom feed combining them?
    you can use Yahoo Dapper : Dapper: The Data Mapper (but it seems to be broken today)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions