Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Windows only?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    Windows only?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Tutorial, support, webOS App Builder packages only for windows.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    perfect, working now! loving this app, thanks very much!!
    Let us know when your app is submitted to the app catalog !
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Let us know when your app is submitted to the app catalog !
    not sure I'll submit this one (as its really only useful for people that live within about 5 miles of my house ) but will definitely use it for others.

really excited about this, thanks!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  5.    #25  
    New version 1.0.3 :

Five app layout now available :

Simple : RSS widget + share features
    Standard : RSS widget + full share features + User prefs + offline reading
    Live : RSS widget + twitter widget + full share features + User prefs + offline reading
    Reader : RSS widget + Pocket (aka read it later) widget + full share features + User prefs + offline reading
    Pro : RSS widget + twitter widget + Pocket (aka read it later) widget + full share features + User prefs + offline reading

Bug fix with space in title & developer name.

Please download the latest wab.zip file supported for 1.0.3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    New version 1.0.3 :

Five app layout now available :

Simple : RSS widget + share features
    Standard : RSS widget + full share features + User prefs + offline reading
    Live : RSS widget + twitter widget + full share features + User prefs + offline reading
    Reader : RSS widget + Pocket (aka read it later) widget + full share features + User prefs + offline reading
    Pro : RSS widget + twitter widget + Pocket (aka read it later) widget + full share features + User prefs + offline reading

Bug fix with space in title & developer name.

Please download the latest wab.zip file supported for 1.0.3
    Great work on this! I purchased it yesterday in the App Store. I noticed though that it seems to be required to have a Twitter account when creating the app? When you don't have it, it will default it to webOS?

Any chance you could remove this field to be required, since I don't have a Twitter account and I'm sure there are other people who also don't have one?
  7.    #27  
    Hi,

with the latest version 1.0.3, you don't need twitter account, you can choose Simple, Standard or Reader Layout which don't contain the twitter widget. (see screen captures)

Let me know if you have trouble creating an application.

Hi,

with the latest version 1.0.3, you don't need twitter account, you can choose Simple, Standard or Reader Layout which don't contain the twitter widget. (see screen captures)

Let me know if you have trouble creating an application.

Ok thanks will try
    I thought about doing something like this during my MS Office class last year.. I completely forgot about it

NJ
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I like this, quick and easy way to create an app for a website based off the RSS feeds.

Would it cause problems to mess around with the code (as a learning exercise)? And how much extra coding would be required to be able to push it thru phonegap?
    App seems to work on TP, however not on Veer 2.2.4 with Enyo 1.0 from Preware? Any ideas?

[20120522-23:13:55.304731] info: enyo_tellurium [cleanup], /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$12$.$079$
    [20120522-23:29:54.284874] info: Tellurium : Subscribe Service..., /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$12$.$085$
    [20120522-23:29:54.316119] info: Tellurium loading..., /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$12$.$746$
    [20120522-23:29:54.879952] info: Tellurium service not available., /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$12$.$112$
    [20120522-23:29:55.058639] info: [object Object],[object Object],[object Object], HelloWorld.jsjsjs:$1$
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    App seems to work on TP, however not on Veer 2.2.4 with Enyo 1.0 from Preware? Any ideas?
    WebOS App Builder only supports touchpad apps, not smartphone (but it's in the to do list)

And Veer doesn't always support enyo. You have to be in webOS 2.1.2 to enable enyo. Did you put your phone in developer mode ?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    I like this, quick and easy way to create an app for a website based off the RSS feeds.

Would it cause problems to mess around with the code (as a learning exercise)? And how much extra coding would be required to be able to push it thru phonegap?
    If you are a dev, you can for example add new sliding panel with new widget !

I didn't try the code on phone gap but webos app builder uses palm api for share features, so this won't work on phonegap.
  14.    #34  
    webOS App Builder has been submitted to the App Catalog ! Waiting for approval !
    I just discovered this app and will surly buy later this summer I just have a few questions.

How does the app handle rss feeds with sound? I want to make a app for my cousins band and they use the Band Camp site to stream or download music.

And sense I have no coding skills how hard would this be to port to iOS or Android? I can't imagine it being to hard just taking some stuff out like "Advanced Browser" support but of course I have no ideal really.

Thanks
  16.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    I just discovered this app and will surly buy later this summer I just have a few questions.

How does the app handle rss feeds with sound? I want to make a app for my cousins band and they use the Band Camp site to stream or download music.

And sense I have no coding skills how hard would this be to port to iOS or Android? I can't imagine it being to hard just taking some stuff out like "Advanced Browser" support but of course I have no ideal really.

Thanks
    If in your rss feed, there are links to mp3 files, they'll be opened in music player. Otherwise, if flash objects for example are used to play music, they won't be displayed. It's the same for any iframe embed object.

Porting to android requires phonegap tools, but you'll need to know a few things to get through the whole process.

You are also free to edit the app code created with webOS App Builder to add new features,

Feel free to contact me here
    If in your rss feed, there are links to mp3 files, they'll be opened in music player. Otherwise, if flash objects for example are used to play music, they won't be displayed. It's the same for any iframe embed object.

Porting to android requires phonegap tools, but you'll need to know a few things to get through the whole process.

You are also free to edit the app code created with webOS App Builder to add new features,

Feel free to contact me here
    Ok, so I downloaded, and I'm trying to create an app for an rss feed. When I plug the feed into the app, It shows the abbreviated content of the feed, but when I type the same feed into igoogle, I get all the content - which is the desired result. Does the app support rss 2.0? I uploaded screenshots of what I see and what I'd like to see.

I'd appreciate your advice.

--MGb a.k.a. DT
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
  18.    #39  
    I have found what's wrong. I'll submit a fix about this on the next version of webOS App Builder to support all RSS versions. Meanwhile you can send me your wab folder if you want to fix this issue now with DM
    Very Awesome! I will get that to you as soon as I can! Thanks!
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast