1.    #1  
    I realize it's probably a very small subset of users, but are there any MediaPortal users out there with touchpads?

I'm a long time MediaPortal user. I've been playing around with something for the touchpad. I have no desire to put an app in the app catalog. This was started to mainly just to increase the "WAF" -- "wife acceptance factor" of having a server in the livingroom for tv, music, etc.

I just thought I'd post and see if anyone else wants to play. You need to have at least the wifi-remote plugin installed in MePo.

If you don't know what MediaPortal is, it is media server software for a windows pc. I won't discuss how to set one up, that would require pages of information -- which is already out there. Personally, I like MediaPortal. However, it takes time and money to set one up and there are newer appliances out there that are probably easier. Here's the link for those curious:

MEDIAPORTAL - a HTPC Media Center for free!

cheers.

edit: added some screenshots of the app I'm playing with -- it is just a big remote for MePo at this point.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 05/14/2012 at 03:39 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    well, just the TV server part. Gave it a try but liked XBMC better - interface wise, so used the MP to bridge over the tv part to XBMC. Couldn't get my PVR setup but might give it a try later. The best part about XBMC that I can control it with Home Control HB app
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    well, just the TV server part. Gave it a try but liked XBMC better - interface wise, so used the MP to bridge over the tv part to XBMC. Couldn't get my PVR setup but might give it a try later. The best part about XBMC that I can control it with Home Control HB app
    I haven't tried XBMC. I've got a Hauppauge colossus works well with MePo for HD tv capture. The files are too big even at the lowest setting for the TP though. I'm going to try using MPExtended to get streaming to work with the TP. It is supposed to transcode on the fly for live tv. I'm hoping to get the TP to play those streams.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch