Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    Recently, we have discovered a possible issue with the app catalog suddenly having the Account preferences showing a different account name and email address.

I'm asking members to check their App Catalog accounts (App Catalog > Preferences & Accounts) to see if your credit card info is correct, and if your email address is correct or if it has suddenly changed.

I am trying to put all these reports into one centralized thread location so that HP has a specific location to reference for reports of this error. I don't know if it was caused by some internal glitch or if there is something else going on, but since this data links to credit cards, I'd like to see HP made aware if multiple users are experiencing this (I'm not implying any type of security issue... so please don't take it that way). It could all be related to some patch that is creating an issue, but it's just better to be safe.

So, if anyone is seeing any changes to their App Catalog account data please post here. Thank you!!

INFORMATION:
    UPDATE:

It seems that installing a patch that changes your User Agent String (like the Hulu-Fix patch) can cause the HP servers to not recognize your device as an HP device. This can/will lead to all sorts of screwy things happening - like your App Catalog account not working properly. Uninstalling any of these patches and restarting your device should restore the correct settings.

**If you encounter this issue yet... please read Post #63

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/03/2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: update
    Okay I noticed something odd in the App Catalog.

When in the App Catalog and then going to "Preferences & Accounts," there is a MasterCard number (last 4 only preceded by asterisks) under "ACCOUNTS" followed by an email address under "SEND RECEIPTS." This email address is "Jasontyo@redacted.redacted"

WTH is going on? I never setup anything in the App Catalog since I have no plans of purchasing anything from the App Catalog. Also, none of the information belongs to me.
    very interesting. I have the same exact thing - the mastercard showing in my app catalog preferences and accounts is not mine, and the e-mail address is "jasontyo@-----.com" (i won't type the full e-mail in case it's a real e-mail address).

My 'pivot' is still stuck at July 2011 as well.

I guess the app catalog still isn't fully functional with the user agent changed. oh well, I can always switch it back if I want to buy something; at least I can browse with no problems.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    very interesting. I have the same exact thing - the mastercard showing in my app catalog preferences and accounts is not mine, and the e-mail address is "jasontyo@-----.com" (i won't type the full e-mail in case it's a real e-mail address).

My 'pivot' is still stuck at July 2011 as well.

I guess the app catalog still isn't fully functional with the user agent changed. oh well, I can always switch it back if I want to buy something; at least I can browse with no problems.
    I had the same thing occur with my account. The account associated with my App catalog suddenly showed a different account name, someone else's email address, and the credit card was gone. I was on-line with HP chat twice about it and they finally created a case for it. They kept telling me that it HAD to be me or someone with me that changed it because they don't have access to that info to change it on their end. Yeah.. couldn't possibly be a computer glitch somewhere, but had to be me.

When they contact me to follow-up, I'll give them the link to this thread with others reporting this issue so they can see what's happening is on their end.

BTW.... I had to perform a Secure Wipe to get my catalog set back to my account.
  5.    #5  
    <posts merged>
    The TP I have with me and my Pre 3 have the correct info.
    Will check other TP when I get home.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    So this is Touchpad-only, not phones also? My Touchpad and Pre2 both check out ok.
  8.    #8  
    So far I've only heard of it on the TouchPad. Thanks!

Also... I had the Hulu patch installed before the last catalog update. I wonder if this is the culprit
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/04/2012 at 03:31 PM.
    Uh oh... My information has CHANGED and is INCORRECT. *********6166 and send receipts shows Jasontyo@*****.com. Hulu patch was installed BEFORE recent app catalog update. I also recently applied this patch: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...st3322005.html without success. I also am stuck on July 2011 issue. I can make a log using the instructions from this thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ion-pivot.html if anyone wants/needs one.

Edit: If I attempt to change/delete billing info I get to poor Jason Tyo's billing address! Definitely not good. I won't enter my own until we figure this out...
    Last edited by matteebee13; 05/04/2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Update
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    TP looks fine...

can't open pref & accounts on Pre3, it is greyed out...

never installed any hulu patch
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    My devices I have checked are fine with no changes made, although I never had the hulu patch installed.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I remember this type of problem reported before a couple of times... Someone thought they had the first webOS virus because their app cat account info had changed itself - if I remember right...

Edit: PS. mine is changed too

Mastercard: ends in 6166
    Send Receipts: matteeb<redacted>@<redacted>.com

That is not my info.

I have hulu patch and homebrew pivot patch and larger back button patch (among others) installed...
    Last edited by amrcc; 05/04/2012 at 04:11 PM.
    NA Pre 2 is still fine...

Never Hulu'ed with it. LOL why would I on a 3.1" screen.

Poor Jason is going to be buying ALOT of apps without realizing why. I'm sure no one would take advantage , but how many will never realize their account info got switched?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  14.    #14  
    LOL... yeah, but the thing about it is that the account password for your account will not work on these changed accounts. When mine changed, it was actually replaced with an account that HP said was registered just that day as "test@"something... with a french email address.

So even if the accounts are changed somehow (like mine was) you still cannot buy an app because the password wont work (that's how I discovered mine hand changed).
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    So far I've only heard of it on the TouchPad. Thanks!

Also... I had the Hulu patch installed before the last catalog update. I wonder if this is the culprit
    There's no way that a device-side patch can affect server-side account information.

It's clear this is a HP backend cloud services problem.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I do not see any issues on my touchpad/pre3/pre2/preplus/veer/pixiplus... But does anyone also have app tuckerbox? Not blaming just asking? I used it once to get my apps (angry birds) on my preplus (as I paid for them) by rovio only released for pre2/pre3/veer/touchpad... It does trick preware to use the app catalog via your secure key hash... Again not blaming anything on anything just asking?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There's no way that a device-side patch can affect server-side account information.

It's clear this is a HP backend cloud services problem.

-- Rod
    I was 99.8% sure of that, but it's always that 0.2% that screws me over.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I do not see any issues on my touchpad/pre3/pre2/preplus/veer/pixiplus... But does anyone also have app tuckerbox? Not blaming just asking? I used it once to get my apps (angry birds) on my preplus (as I paid for them) by rovio only released for pre2/pre3/veer/touchpad... It does trick preware to use the app catalog via your secure key hash... Again not blaming anything on anything just asking?
    Again, no way that could affect server-side account information.

-- Rod
  19. MVP
    The Touchpad I have without Hulu patch shows my correct info. The other Touchpad with Hulu patch shows incorrect info. When I uninstall and remove the patch my correct info is shown.This only happened recently as both worked with the app catalog before which leads me to believe rwitby that it is server-side.. I don't claim to know any of the technology, this is just my experience.
    I have had the hulu patch installed for several weeks and app cat was stuck on July 2011 issue and account info was wrong. I just uninstalled hulu patch, REBOOTED, and now my app cat info is correct, including proper "spring" issue of pivot. Reinstalled hulu patch, REBOOTED, hp app cat reverted to July 2011 issue of pivot and account info is wrong. Simply reporting the facts, not implying anything.
    Last edited by matteebee13; 05/05/2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    RumoredNow likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast