Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #21  
    I know this shouldn't be happening on this end (instead of HP's servers), but this seems to strangely be the case so far.... <<scratches head>>
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    ...Simply reporting the facts, not implying anything.
    But one may still infer.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    well since the Hulu patch changes the browser user agent string, and we know the app catalog is affected by the user agent string, it makes sense. remember that originally the Hulu patch broke the app catalog entirely, and more recently it worked somewhat but the back button was either missing or didn't work, while now the app catalog works but apparently having the wrong user agent string confuses the account info.

I certainly never had this problem until the moment I installed the hulu patch, and it doesn't appear that anyone else without the hulu patch has ever had such a problem.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Mine is ok and i do not use HULU.

Alan
    I was wondering where my post went...

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL... yeah, but the thing about it is that the account password for your account will not work on these changed accounts. When mine changed, it was actually replaced with an account that HP said was registered just that day as "test@"something... with a french email address.

So even if the accounts are changed somehow (like mine was) you still cannot buy an app because the password wont work (that's how I discovered mine hand changed).
    I also saw that "test@"something email address and then it asked me to input a password.

I think we can all agree that this had something to do with the recent App Catalog update in conjunction with the Hulu patch.
    The hulu patch has always done weird things to the HP App Catalog. I've personally observed not being able to purchase apps, seeing odd test apps listed in the catalog, when looking at app details the "back" button sometimes not working. There might be other odd behavior but that's all that comes to mind. I just checked my account and it had some oddball email address with no credit card. I ran the uninstall script but still had bad account info.. Did a device restart and my complete correct info was back. I've never thought it wise to attempt purchases in the catalog with the hulu patch installed and this just reinforces that. And based on what I just saw I'd do a device restart after uninstalling even if the script says you don't have to. Maybe it was always like this, don't think I ever checked. I know I was unable to purchase apps the time I tried but never thought to check my account info. Maybe it's new with the recent catalog updates, really don't know.
    UK User: No Hulu, Homebrew Pivot installed, Touchpad fine, pre3 fine, all account info as it should be.

cheers for the Credit card reminder however, just activated my new one this month and forgot to update the new details \o/
    Hi peeps,
    I have the same issue, mine shows test@amgad.com and funny thing is, it will let me input whatever I want as a password which seems a little weird, I don't think this is server related, maybe the hulu patch leaves a vulnerability in the touchpad that is being exploded? Either way, I don't feel comfortable entering my account info, I'm not getting the Jason's email address to mail the receipt, I get awong@mailnator.com.
    I will try to contact the hulu patch developer to see what's up
    My TP and pre minus are both good. Never had hulu.
    Good job NEWMAN!!! I don't think we would have such good bird dogs on other platforms...
    Quote Originally Posted by qjuantum View Post
    Hi peeps,
    I have the same issue, mine shows test@amgad.com and funny thing is, it will let me input whatever I want as a password which seems a little weird, I don't think this is server related, maybe the hulu patch leaves a vulnerability in the touchpad that is being exploded? Either way, I don't feel comfortable entering my account info, I'm not getting the Jason's email address to mail the receipt, I get awong@mailnator.com.

I get the same thing as you.

I also only have access to TWO apps!

UPDATE: after disabling Homebrew Pivot my apps came back...I will update if this changes anything with account info
    Last edited by carr76013; 05/09/2012 at 07:33 PM.
  11.    #31  
    Now it looks like we need some volunteers to test the Homebrew Pivot patch and this issue. If this can be verified by multiple users we can narrow this issue down. I'm no programmer and whether or not it 'shouldn't' be possible for a patch to cause a problem like this - it makes bells go off in my mind when I see a common variable showing up for those experiencing the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by qjuantum View Post
    Hi peeps,
    Well the whole idea of the hulu parch is to mask you're using a touchpad and from the very begining of development of that patch catalog side effects have been noted. The effects have varied a bit with changes in the patch, WevOS, and the catalog software, but this is no big surprise. There are many threads that document this, including There is a Hulu fix and The -NEW- HULU fix!.
    both my TP's are fine here in Toronto, Canada so far
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    after a few hours the email address changed to pspear@____________.com

I do not have the hulu patch installed
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    after a few hours the email address changed to pspear@____________.com

I do not have the hulu patch installed
    What DO you have installed? You said that you "disabled" homebrew pivot, but did not uninstall? I have yet to install that myself. Thanks...
  16.    #36  
    Which Patch? There are 2 that I'm questioning... the Homebrew Pivot patch and the Hulu patch.
    I have the Homebrew Pivot patch and NO hulu patch and my info is CORRECT.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I have the homebrew pivot, no issues.

Sent from a Hpre&#178;, HPre&#179;,HPTP 16/32 using Communities.
    Although it has not been seen or noticed (afaikafaikafaik), $but$ $if$ $anyone$ $has$ $this$ $issue$ $on$ $a$ $stock$ $unit$ $please$ $call$ $high$ $attention$ $to$ $this$ $so$ $we$ $can$ $escalate$ $the$ $issue$ $internally$. $As$ $far$ $as$ $we$ $have$ $seen$ $any$ $device$ $running$ $stock$ $has$ $not$ $had$ $any$ $of$ $the$ $issues$ $that$ $have$ $been$ $dictated$ $in$ $this$ $thread$. $The$ $main$ $culprit$ $of$ $this$ $issue$ $is$ $typically$ $the$ $hulu$ $patch$ $OR$ $any$ $other$ $patch$ $that$ $will$ $mask$ $or$ $change$ $the$ $user$ $agent$ $string$ $and$ $cause$ $the$ $TouchPad$ $to$ $report$ $itself$ $as$ $something$ $other$ $than$ $a$ $TouchPad$.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Also I should add, I do not believe anything is changing server side for your devices, I believe it is only the overlay on the device that is actually affected.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast