1.    #1  
    hi, I saw a thread for a palm pre msn app, but I'm after one for HP touchpad.

is there Any way I can use windows live/ msn messenger on this device, or at least an app to just chat to my msn friends?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theVenerable View Post
    hi, I saw a thread for a palm pre msn app, but I'm after one for HP touchpad.

is there Any way I can use windows live/ msn messenger on this device, or at least an app to just chat to my msn friends?

thanks
    To: the Venerable

Even though this post might be a bit old, I will certainly leave my two cents to what you requested about the msn messenger on the TouchPad. Truthfully, there is no client for the MSN messenger for the TouchPad just yet. You got to believe me its strange(to me to this day), when looking at the messaging app on the HP TouchPad that it supports all kinds of chatting protocols like yahoo, Google, but not Microsoft MSN messenger.

Anyways, the only way of using MSN on your TouchPad will be with downloading the applications like "the agile messenger" or "mundu im" on the HP catalog, unfortunately those are for the smaller screen-sized Pre phones. So be prepare to use that app on the small sized phone-version on your TouchPad, since the developers haven't updated their app to support the tablet sized-screen of the TouchPad.

Or you could also use the Web browser on your TouchPad and head down to websites like meebo, or eBuddy. They seems to work fairly well on TouchPad's browser.

Hope this help, venerable....
    Greetings from: PalmPixi_User23
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    Agile Messenger works just fine on webOS assuming you don't mind the emulation screen. Otherwise, you're left with getting the license to code one for the webOS community at-large yourself.
    Well, if there could be a way to get that license to code the app and get some assistance from talented webos developers from this amazing community. I'm more willing to port this app to the HP TouchPad, because this app is much needed for the webos platform that still missing from HP TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    Agile Messenger works just fine on webOS assuming you don't mind the emulation screen. Otherwise, you're left with getting the license to code one for the webOS community at-large yourself.
    Seems to me that it might be easier to contact the Agile Messenger devs, and see if they want to work on it, or release it so that it can be optimized for a full screen......but what do I know?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Seems to me that it might be easier to contact the Agile Messenger devs, and see if they want to work on it, or release it so that it can be optimized for a full screen......but what do I know?
    Wish things were that simple Sledge007, I'm afraid that making such request to the developers of the application would fall under deaf ears to them. Even if people would ask them nicely, to create an application for the TouchPad that is not likely to happen due to HP and the whole mess that was created with the WebOS platform and app devs also fleeing out of WebOS development.

Sadly, its like all of WebOS it just falls to the responsibility of the community to create these things that lacks out of WebOS such as a cross-messaging chat protocols. Just wish that I had the knowledge to code apps together with the SDK from Palm, in order for me to code it into an workable app in the dashboard.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    It is possible to gain that knowledge. Of course, no matter what the platform, someone has to write hte software.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I used to use Greg's Synergy Messaging plugins, but since 2.2.3 it's broken.

So now I use a Jabber transport and use MSN via my Gtalk.

Use Pidgin to create the transport on your Google Talk account, and it'll always stay connected.

http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/ge...msn-yahoo.html

Rename the contacts on Gmail, and it'll work beautifully with Synergy.

Look for transport servers here: http://www.coccinella.im/servers/ser...teway_msn.html
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Wish things were that simple Sledge007, I'm afraid that making such request to the developers of the application would fall under deaf ears to them. Even if people would ask them nicely, to create an application for the TouchPad that is not likely to happen due to HP and the whole mess that was created with the WebOS platform and app devs also fleeing out of WebOS development.

Sadly, its like all of WebOS it just falls to the responsibility of the community to create these things that lacks out of WebOS such as a cross-messaging chat protocols. Just wish that I had the knowledge to code apps together with the SDK from Palm, in order for me to code it into an workable app in the dashboard.
    That wasn't really the problem for Agile. Agile isn't updated anymore since 2010, way before the Touchpad was even announced.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    This may be up your street - http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3325426

It's in Touchpad Homebrew and titled 'Synergy Messaging Plugins for the Touchpad'
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It is possible to gain that knowledge. Of course, no matter what the platform, someone has to write hte software.
    Well, true that knowledge could gain with a bit of research on the web among other things. Yet like you said is the writing oof the program codes/software is the thing that makes me doubtful that I could manage myself(spec. my lack of ability of coding apps). While, I'm registered as a developer with Palm....its been frustrating on my end to find any kind of relevant documentation to guide myself to built an app.

Anyways, my idea of a great messenger application for the WebOS which I wanted to create it...was almost like the LilyPad HD app that got released today for Android. With the multitasking abilities out of WebOS, I think that it would not be so hard to replicate its same functions on the WebOS platform. But my lack of skills, is the thing that kills me is in the coding apps......And Plus.....WebOS Dev community center is so lacking in support for first time developers that could make anyone very frustrated to attempt to create an app. The HP WebOS Dev site just really provides very poor documentation relative to what's available/accessible on their own developer's site.

LilyPad HD app, this is what I wanted to create as a application for the WebOS.....a user-friendly interface easily accessible while users browse the web via the notification bar at the top of screen. I just wished that I had the skills for coding.
    Attached Images Attached Images