Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Green Mountain Digital has a Earth Day Special: 50% Off 9 Great Audubon Guides Apps for one week only. I called Green Mountain and they said that HP has not added the sale to the catalog. Okay let's try to get HP to add this promotion before it's over. I did an HP chat and was told that my question would be escalated. I will call HP on Monday. This is the 2nd time Green Mountain has had a sale and HP didn't set up for us. This is the link to the sale:
    Untitled Document
    and to the site
    Audubon Guides Mobile Field Guides
    I replied to their announcement on Facebook and they replied "webOS makes it difficult to run sales or else we would have."
    I replied to that with:

How about a promo code deal then-like a buy one get one free? That would be a good way to get us webOS users the same 50% off deal!

And got:

Audubon Guides ‎@Tom we are talking to WebOS to see if they can change the prices for a future promotion.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I replied to that with:

How about a promo code deal then-like a buy one get one free? That would be a good way to get us webOS users the same 50% off deal!

And got:

Audubon Guides ‎@Tom we are talking to WebOS to see if they can change the prices for a future promotion.
    I called HP support yesterday and they said, "keep watching the catalog for update". They say the vendor needs to load sale. Maybe HP will have a sale for us in the near future. I also mentioned the lack of a catalog update, still have the March "Spring" issue with all sales expiring on 3/31/12 and it is 4/23/12. Hope that HP keeps updating with new promo's.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Good news!!! Trees and Butterfly's are now at 50% off in the catalog ($4.99). Mushrooms are still at regular price of $9.99. Hoping that they update the pricing on this one as well. I can't tell if Birds and Wildflowers is reduced as I have those apps and the price doesn't show up. Thank you HP WebOs and GreenMountainDigital for listening!
    I just saw this too! Wildflowers is on sale for $4.99 as well.
    Great work, people. .Not quite the 99 cent price, but they're still offering a deal. Mushrooms is now 4.99.
    Mushrooms and butterflies are the only ones I don't have yet.
    Interesting replies you got from Audubon.
    Last edited by woosh; 04/26/2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: price update
    You plug your phone in?
    Thanks. Mushrooms now also on sale for 4.99
    Bought the butterflies and I have all the rest except for mushrooms.

Feel buying this app is a statement about confidence on the future of OpenwebOS.
    Long live webOS!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    These apps on WebOs are spectacular. I have Mammals on the Kindle Fire as it is not available for the TouchPad and it is good but not like Birds on WebOs. If GreenMountainDigital is listening... Please give us more Apps for WebOs.
    Mammals and Insects are my votes!
    Thank you HP and GreenMountainDigital for getting us set up for the sale!

Anyone who has an Android Tablet/Phone with Amazon Apps, Audubon BIRDS is the FREE app for today! 4/26
    Birds is available for iOS and Android for $.99 through Monday.
    Anyone know if you can search caterpillars in the butterflies app?
    You plug your phone in?
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    If any of these were available to show content other than North America they may have a little more appeal to the non US users. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    If any of these were available to show content other than North America they may have a little more appeal to the non US users. :-(
    MikeN68, there's this project Can someone help port leafsnap (identifies trees?) to webOS?
    maybe your area has something similar.
    I don't think the definitive nature guides have been developed yet for tablets. As splashy as Audubon is, it still lacks features. Like the butterfies guide.In the Audubon book, you can search caterpillars, but you can't yet in the app.
    You plug your phone in?