Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems searching for new forums in Communities? I seem to be coming up blank. Searched for "Evernote", "Android" and "webos" and all come up blank.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Tapatalk just launched a new version of their app, and I think they must have made gallery changes that broke compatibility with older apps like Communities and Forums. I hadn't noticed in Communities, but I had noticed in Forums since the gallery is on the home page.
    Yeah, they screwed Communities and Forums access. Don't worry, fixes are coming for both apps.
    Newness Developments apps:

LOL....just bought it last night and got really confused??? Nothing showed up. Can't wait for the fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzeppi View Post
    LOL....just bought it last night and got really confused??? Nothing showed up. Can't wait for the fix!
    Can't imagine a more depressing sensation... that happened to a couple people, sadly.

Oh, the bugfix is on it's way. It's on Hp's hands now.

I wanted to include some newness more in the update, but sadly it was not ready for prime time. You'll have to wait a little more.
    Newness Developments apps:

6.    #6  
    Update is here. Search works now .

Thanks for quick fix.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    I was trying to search for new forums to add to both Communities and Forums and found that if I tried to search, all I see is an open box icon. No results are listed in the search window. Can you please look at this? I love both apps and would really like to continue using both.
    He mentioned in another thread this morning that Tapatalk changed their gallery API and he hasn't been able to get it working, and it didn't sound like he was getting any cooperation from them.. It has made it very hard to find a forum you know by name but can't find it under their categories.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Is this still the case? Search yields no results, but shows a blank box. Is this what everyone else has been seeing?

Axim X51v, HTC X7501, HP Touchpad, iPad 2, BB Playbook, iPhone 4S, HTC Sensation
    As far as I know it hasn't been fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    still have to do the same as the forums app afaikafaikafaik, $do$ $a$ $long$ $manual$ $search$ $browsing$ $everything$ $till$ $u$ $find$ $what$ $your$ $after$.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Yeah same problem here. Hope we'll see the rewrite of Communities in Enyo2 soon as was indicated it's in the works. Would be happy to alpha/beta test it :-)

Last edited by Herrie; 08/08/2013 at 01:29 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response. I kind of figured it was still the case.

Axim X51v, HTC X7501, HP Touchpad, iPad 2, BB Playbook, iPhone 4S, HTC Sensation
    Same problem here. It finds some forums but not all. For example, I can't find New York City Transit Forums. Other members use it with Tapatalk on other platforms (even on the Playbook) so it really should come up. But Communities can't find it.

I would also love to beta test the Enyo 2 rewrite. Maybe it'll even work in my desktop browser since it's Enyo 2. That would be even more awesome!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I wonder if it might be possible to manually add a given forum? I'm not sure where Communities' subscription info resides, but it would be at least a workaround if we could manually add the paths to the forums we are looking for. :/

Forums used to have that feature, but it was never in Communities. It would indeed be nice to have it. I've poked around in the databases but never enough to figure out how to add forums.
    Has communities stopped altogether? My touchpad is my primary and only tablet =/ would be sad to see such a powerful app lie stale
    Just a follow-up: eventually I did find NYCTF by manually going through the categories. A bit of a hassle but at least it's somewhat of a workaround. I'm eagerly waiting for the Enyo 2 rewrite though... any news on it?
    I've heard nothing new on it. Honestly I'd put it on hold unless/until they fix the problem with the forum search API that broke Communities.
    Most Android forum apps seem to "fix" it by allowing you to add a forum by URL and then to check if Tapatalk is available for that URL before actually adding it. For someone with a bit of coding knowledge that should be not too hard to do?

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast