Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Most Android forum apps seem to "fix" it by allowing you to add a forum by URL and then to check if Tapatalk is available for that URL before actually adding it. For someone with a bit of coding knowledge that should be not too hard to do?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I've been looking at how Forums used to do that, but it's not working. There seems to be some additional bits of info that the app is getting from the Tapatalk search results that aren't there when adding forums manually, and I haven't had time to figure out what those bits are. It used to work in early versions of the app, so I am hopeful that I'll find it.
    Should be as easy as to check if forumURL/mobiquo exists I would say?

Last edited by Herrie; 11/01/2013 at 02:33 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Most Android forum apps seem to "fix" it by allowing you to add a forum by URL and then to check if Tapatalk is available for that URL before actually adding it. For someone with a bit of coding knowledge that should be not too hard to do?

That's the easy part. The problem is the app is dependent on those additional pieces of info. I've been testing it by trying to add forums that are known to work in the app.
    I had a look in some of the forum apps source code for Android but that seems to be the only thing they do? For Commuities it should be simply a matter of adding it to the database afterwards or am I missing something here? Not sure which pieces of info you're referring to?

Last edited by Herrie; 11/01/2013 at 02:33 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I recall comparing the database entries from adding the forum manually with the existing ones, and there was quite a bit not there, and it wasn't obvious how to format them in the table - I think it uses depot storage. I need to track down the code that handles it, just haven't had time to get back to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I recall comparing the database entries from adding the forum manually with the existing ones, and there was quite a bit not there, and it wasn't obvious how to format them in the table - I think it uses depot storage. I need to track down the code that handles it, just haven't had time to get back to it.
    I recall it were 10 or so fields to populate, some not mandatory. It has been a while since I last looked at it as well. Will do when I have some time and post relevant bits here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12