Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Any way we could get the ability to separate different Twitter accounts into different icons?
    **Developer of Pandora Tablet for Touchpad** (Click to Download)

@drewksparks_dev on Twitter

Devices: Palm Pre 2 and 32gb Touchpad

I'm a webOS freak, according to my mother.
    they have taken it or are in the process of taking it out the app catalog no more updates might open source it
    http://carbonwebos.com/blog/2012/04/...rbon-on-webos/
    And they plan on making it for iOS and android taking webOS gestures along with it.
    https://twitter.com/#!/CarboniOS
    Last edited by Yickyaddy; 04/15/2012 at 01:57 AM.
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
    looks like they are discontinuing support and the apps themselves, according to twitter.
    Bit they did update Carbon last week... Isn't fully fixed, but at least workable again.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    It will be missed.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Vistaus likes this.
    I really, really hope they open source it. Graphite is the best Twitter-app I've used on any platform (including desktop) even though it has that memory clog.
    And Carbon is the only FULLY working on the Pre 3 atm. phnx also works fully, but eats up my battery and I don't like a few design things.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Have you tried Project Macaw?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I really, really hope they open source it. Graphite is the best Twitter-app I've used on any platform (including desktop) even though it has that memory clog.
    And Carbon is the only FULLY working on the Pre 3 atm. phnx also works fully, but eats up my battery and I don't like a few design things.
    yeah, i can probably get rid of that memory crap

it really isn't too difficult. just set the max cached items to ~100 or so..

but then it'd have to be open sourced. and i'd also need the time and motivation.

i'm sure someone else can figure it out.

it's just a virtual repeater, after all
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by kyam21 View Post
    Is this even a touchpad app?
    yes
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Have you tried Project Macaw?
    This.

Graphite looked bad to me, compared to Carbon which is pretty.
    I always thought Graphite was rushed and abandoned from start.
    I use Project Macaw because it has push notifications when you have the app closed.
    That's very important to me and it wasn't there in Graphite. Another reason not to give them my money.
    I really feel bad for the people that paid for Graphie and I bad for Carbon which was very nice.
    antijingoist likes this.
    What I don't understand is the need to remove the apps from the 'App Catalog'. Why not just make the apps free, this way at least those who have paid for the apps can re download them in case there is a need to doctor. Also, what about the promises made regarding bug fixes for Graphite? The developer at the very least owes it to their paid customers to at least provide an update to fix the major bugs in Graphite. I don't know about others, but I certainly feel cheated and I for one would never buy an app from this developer even on any other platform.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Vistaus likes this.
    Removing the apps from the 'App Catalog' is totally uncalled for. If they don't wish to further support the app, the developers could simply make the apps free. This way at least those who have paid for the apps can re download them in case there is a need to doctor. In any case the developers have lied and cheated their paid customers, who they had promised an update to fix the bugs in Graphite. At the very least, an update to fix the major bugs in Graphite should be released before totally abandoning the app. I don't know about others, but I certainly feel cheated and I for one would never buy an app from this developer even on any other platform.

you can't change webOS apps from paid to free without removing the app from the catalog and resubmitting as free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Removing the apps from the 'App Catalog' is totally uncalled for. If they don't wish to further support the app, the developers could simply make the apps free. This way at least those who have paid for the apps can re download them in case there is a need to doctor. In any case the developers have lied and cheated their paid customers, who they had promised an update to fix the bugs in Graphite. At the very least, an update to fix the major bugs in Graphite should be released before totally abandoning the app. I don't know about others, but I certainly feel cheated and I for one would never buy an app from this developer even on any other platform.
    You completely read my mind, there was no reason whatsoever for them to do that kind of action. If they didn't want to support their apps for the WebOS platform that's totally okay with me. But to remove their apps from the app store and pull the plug from all kinds of developments its too much silliness out of them.

If I will ever become a developer, will definitely support my apps no matter the cost. Because in my opinion there is a certain obligation for me to keep the support that everything works(with my app) to all the satisfaction of any consumers who bought my app. Nor will I ever drop my apps out of the catalog, despite the fact of HP decisions had caused more damage to WebOS and since the "No Hardware Policy" will likely cause it to continue without any real gains in market share(in terms relates to consumers buying more apps).

If a development becomes a burden to keep support for WebOS, at least I will make sure the apps work without any bugs or issues before switching to another platform. And if needed be, of change of API's changing will even come back and update my apps despite all of its cost involved.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by antijingoist View Post
    you can't change webOS apps from paid to free without removing the app from the catalog and resubmitting as free.
    Then so be it. Thanks for the info.

Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    You completely read my mind, there was no reason whatsoever for them to do that kind of action. If they didn't want to support their apps for the WebOS platform that's totally okay with me. But to remove their apps from the app store and pull the plug from all kinds of developments its too much silliness out of them.

If I will ever become a developer, will definitely support my apps no matter the cost. Because in my opinion there is a certain obligation for me to keep the support that everything works(with my app) to all the satisfaction of any consumers who bought my app. Nor will I ever drop my apps out of the catalog, despite the fact of HP decisions had caused more damage to WebOS and since the "No Hardware Policy" will likely cause it to continue without any real gains in market share(in terms relates to consumers buying more apps).

If a development becomes a burden to keep support for WebOS, at least I will make sure the apps work without any bugs or issues before switching to another platform. And if needed be, of change of API's changing will even come back and update my apps despite all of its cost involved.
    That's easy for you to say; you're not a developer.

17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Right - easy to pontificate if you have nothing on the line. More broadly, I think people have to get real about what paying a few dollars entitles you to - the answer is not "the moon on a stick".

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    fxspec06 likes this.
    <posts moved and merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by toanedre View Post
    Perhaps you could tell us what you do for a living so that the rest of us could tell you how we would do it. If you are a student then I would definitely tell you how I would study my a** off, not waste any time with the fun stuff, and make straight A's.
    it's difficult for a straight a student to have time for anything else re//apps & such.

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    it's difficult for a straight a student to have time for anything else re//apps & such.
    You might want to re-read their post and see who they were talking to
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast