Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    You might want to re-read their post and see who they were talking to
    it's 90* today and i've had an absolutely horrible morning. what you suggest requires too much thinking for my jelly brain
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Barely 50 here, and I've been bustin' my behind today, so you know how much sympathy I have for you
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Have you tried Project Macaw?
    I have Project Macaw running on my Pre 3 now (just installed it from Preware and worked OOTB) and I must say that I love it so far It's even better than Carbon in some things (apart from the bugs in Carbon). Project Macaw and I are gonna be really close friends
    On the Pre 3 that is, on the TP I don't like Macaw. But that's a personal preference as I don't like a panel-layout (on the Pre 3 Macaw works like all the others with sliding to the side to the next panel). On the TP I will use Graphite until it's dead and then I'll hope something similiar has come by then.
    I went from Bad Kitty (Pre-), to phnx (Pre-/Veer), to Project Macaw Pre3/TouchPad. Tried a few, can't remember the names, that were full lines across, and meh....didn't care for them. I like the slot machine look I guess, and I'm not much of a gambler.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    With the departure of Carbon, i really needed a twitter client.. and discovered Project Macaw..and i really liked it.As soon i have installed it on my veer i tried to customize it for that small screen: hide tabs & toobar.. and to refresh you may ask? well, swipe forward!! a pure touch of genius! Many kudos to the developers !!! once again, webos rocks!thanks a million guys!A very, very, very happy veer user.
    Danilo
    As always..... things will get great in webos land.. for those who can wait!
    I really wish someone would take the controls and stuff from the IPK or installed Graphite and make Graphite compatible with either Enyo 1 or Enyo 2 on the desktop so I could run it as an Enyo-app on my desktop...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I really wish someone would take the controls and stuff from the IPK or installed Graphite and make Graphite compatible with either Enyo 1 or Enyo 2 on the desktop so I could run it as an Enyo-app on my desktop...
    And that would require the developers provide permission.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Indeed. But if there are people willing, than I'm sure he'll give permission.
    (btw, your Sparrow might also be a good candidate for desktop Enyo after the phone version )
    I'll add Taurus to the list of clients people can move to once Graphite is completely dead. If the dev added search options (which I believe is coming) I'd have no reason to fire up Project Macaw or Sparrow (sorry Arthur)
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Another thing that ticks me off very much, seeing news like this of developers like "Dots & Lines" who dropped support(theirCarbon App) for all the WebOS devices to move for greener pastures. Of course, we know that application developers have families to feed(yada,yada,yadah).....yet, I don't find this justifiable that for webos users the application was paid and for Google it will be free of charge. Not only that, but they completely turned their back on the first platform that made them who they are....I don't blame them, of course there no WebOS devices on the market, more dev leaving and those HP people aren't nothing at all for WebOS.

I wish them well(and hope they could return someday), but its inexcusable of their part to drop WebOS and offer Google app for free.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I wish them well(and hope they could return someday), but its inexcusable of their part to drop WebOS and offer Google app for free.
    This one's easy to explain.

Android offers a variety of ad networks to make revenue while giving away the app for free. All the ad networks that once supported webOS (well, the one that did) dropped support last September after HP announced they were discontinuing webOS devices.
    That doesn't make any sense. That means all paid Android apps can become free too as they only have to use ads. You're thinking a bit too easy, digitinary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. That means all paid Android apps can become free too as they only have to use ads. You're thinking a bit too easy, digitinary.
    As a mobile dev myself in my spare time and someone that manages developers that develops sites and mobile apps for large businesses by day, your thinking is actually the one that's a bit easy. A lot of evaluation goes into whether to release your app in any of these ways:

1. Ad-Supported, Free
    2. Paid
    3. Paid with In-App Purchasing
    4. Free with In-App Purchasing
    5. Free, Subsidized through Sponsorship
    6. Other

Depending on the type of app it is, the current market competition, the user experience (does the developer/company want ads taking up space?), the return on investment (instant vs. residual), and plenty of other factors, that's how a developer makes that decision.

The logic that "all paid Android apps can become free too as they only have to use ads" is far too simplistic and misguided to take seriously. I'm quite aware of how the business end of the market works, thanks.
    That was only based on your statement.

And I also know how the business end of the market works given that's my study and job, thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12