Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By GreenHex
  1.    #1  
    I studied the App Catalog code and figured out how they set the country. It's a simple call to their server to set it. I tried to set it to "US" from "CA", and now I can access apps such as HP MovieStore and the HP Play beta without the App Catalog complaining.

So now the question is whether or not I should release a program to change the country. People will be able to get more apps, but there'll be promo code mayhem and HP might not like it.
    You should... for the benefit of non-US webOS users. Once that's done, be alert, stay away from strangers and black vans with black windows. Be ready to be hounded by the CIA. All the best!
    Game over!
    Loiter likes this.
    I think that will be of great help please release.
  4. g7
    Any news? I guess many people that didn't know about Impostah can be saved with this tool (not my case, but would be great switching to an European country from US if I find a cheap european supported credit card).

Eugenio
    When webOS become open source in September, doesn't it also mean the app catalog will be opened for international market?
    please...

tried doing this via impostah, unsuccessfully...
    I knew I read about this on the frontpage at some point, but searching only turned up this link.. After scouring the older stories, i found it, so for the benefit of others that come across this thread, here's the new thread:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...hanger-pc.html
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)