Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GMMan
  1.    #1  
    I was poking around with App Tuckerbox when I remembered HP Play. I thought it might have had an app, so I decided to guess its app ID and came up with this: https://developer.palm.com/appredire...alm.app.hpplay. Unfortunately, it didn't show up in Tuckerbox, but I manually invoked the appInstallService (lots of typing) and managed to download the app. Attached is a screenshot. Currently it seems to function as an interface for the music player. The radio thing doesn't work, and every time you launch it it tells you that it can't connect to the server. The app menu is a cache controller of sorts. I still need to dig in deeper. Maybe we can homebrew the server side stuff? lol

(It's nice to see the album art of what you're playing in the corner like that instead of a small icon. You can see that I have the entire Portal 2 soundtrack.)

Edit: I see a "Sync to TouchPad" button. That seems odd, because it's a TouchPad app. The logical result of pressing the button should be nothing, since the music is already on the TP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fxspec06 and Rnp like this.
    Hmm. Looks to be an improvement over the stock music app at least visually, although lacking the dashboard control. Also, what's the "Sync to TouchPad" button on the top? hmm.

Maybe this was intended to be able to control HP Play from the TouchPad, as well as sync to the touchpad via wifi .. or maybe HP Play was intended to go to the cloud, like Google Music, then you could cloud download ..

I suppose there might be some clues to that if we look at the code ..

Interesting thing I see, is that it looks like it's designed for something with a higher resolution display, and a somewhat wider aspect ratio than our touchpads. Unfortunately, I suppose we'll never hear of or see what that might've been.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Looking through the package now, and it seems the base code is for nuTsie. So supposedly HP Play is a branded version of nuTsie? The radio thing seems to correlate to what is on their website.
    Yeah, I've just been poking through it too, not that I don't have anything else to do ..

Yeah, it definitely looks like some kind of Nutsie interface. I also notice that it seems to be stuttering while playing, like it's doing other stuff in the background that we can't see what it is. There's a huge binary plugin in there. Also has some probably non-functional integration with amazon (or amazon hosts nutsie?) as well .. which is something that i really wanted to do on XO, but the Amazon terms of service don't allow mobile apps to query them for anything, which really annoys me.

Looks like a lot of could've been nice stuff here.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Wouldn't that have been an update to the HP Play app that we currently have in beta on our computers?
    HP Play is based on Songbird
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Wouldn't that have been an update to the HP Play app that we currently have in beta on our computers?
    An app for the Touchpad as an update for a PC-app?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    An app for the Touchpad as an update for a PC-app?
    At one point in time there was the idea that webOS was going to get put onto computers...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Yeah, I've just been poking through it too, not that I don't have anything else to do ..

Yeah, it definitely looks like some kind of Nutsie interface. I also notice that it seems to be stuttering while playing, like it's doing other stuff in the background that we can't see what it is. There's a huge binary plugin in there. Also has some probably non-functional integration with amazon (or amazon hosts nutsie?) as well .. which is something that i really wanted to do on XO, but the Amazon terms of service don't allow mobile apps to query them for anything, which really annoys me.

Looks like a lot of could've been nice stuff here.
    HP owns and hosts nuTsie....
    HP buys Melodeo, brings Nutsie music streaming service into the fold -- Engadget
    http://www.webosnation.com/hp-play-h...-service-webos

look at the bottom of the page.... nuTsie.com : Free Your iTunes - Listen now! - playlists, music, songs, MP3s, lyrics, and CDs. - nuTsie.com

and i still can't believe our competitors have and APP and webOS that is owned by the company that owns Melodeo / nuTsie, does not... sorry all of you but... **** LEO!!!! i'm really frustrated for everything.... but i have faith in the community.... and that one day the wold will realize how WRONG non-webOS users are....

RQ

PS: i'll download hp play, many thanks!!!
    webOS [[[ ]
    My interface is a little different. I have Cloudlists, Sidelists and Recently Added. I also get an error that it can't connect to a server with an error number. It does work after that error and syncs with the PC client.

EDIT: I also noticed that I have a search box.
    Last edited by gaitch32; 04/23/2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Here is another screenshot of the Recently Added screen.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    How to install this app? if i send a link to my TP it says "application is not avaliable in your country." Maybe it's because I have slovenia store.
    Can someone post ipks?
    Does it work on HP Pre3? (Pre 3 has UK store on it and it did not work either).

EDIT: U need to be in US store to acccess it. I reset the TP and created new palm account.
    Last edited by zizizi; 05/14/2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    is this still around? I bought a touchpad and wanna use hp play on my laptop though i cant find it to download anymore.. also id like to be able to use the app mention in OP. I dont care if they are in Beta i just would like to try them as i hate using itunes!
    I have also bought TP recently and now i search HP Play application for TP and also for Windows to sync my music.
    Someone can share these applications?

Thanks in advance
    Songbird. HPPlay was just a version of Song bird.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.