Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Does anyone know what the latest app catalog update did for the catalog?
    Vistaus likes this.
    That's a good question

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    That's a good question

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I got another update today... still no idea what it has done though! I'm now on 5.0.3220...
    Conversation starter on webOSNation.com, that's all I've EVER seen it do.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Probably nothing but various "bug fixes"
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Can I update with the webosinternals pivot patch installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Can I update with the webosinternals pivot patch installed?
    Not sure if it will overwrite the patch or not. To be safe you can uninstall the patch, update the catalog and reinstall the patch. Unless someone else says differently.
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Installed over the patch, homebrew pivot is there, no prob.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    spud101 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Not sure if it will overwrite the patch or not. To be safe you can uninstall the patch, update the catalog and reinstall the patch. Unless someone else says differently.
    <Dr Evil>Riiiiiiiiiiiiight</Dr Evil>

(Because there were so many bugs)

lol
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    <Dr Evil>Riiiiiiiiiiiiight</Dr Evil>

(Because there were so many bugs)

lol
    Ummm, scrolling enhancements then? lol
    One thing I know it did was allow Green Mountain Digital to put their Audubon apps on sale for half off to match the other platforms.
    I just did a comparison on the apps from 2900 to 3220, and the only difference I see is that apparently 2990 had no idea about apps that were already purchased, but 3220 does. No difference at all in the app itself from 3200 to 3220.

I also see no difference at all between the service behind it. Therefore, they must be using the app catalog updates to transmit updates for something else without doing a system update, is the only conclusion I can come up with. Actually locating what that might be could prove to be rather difficult and time consuming.

So, yay. something got updated. What, we don't know.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    One thing I know it did was allow Green Mountain Digital to put their Audubon apps on sale for half off to match the other platforms.
    That doesn't normally require an app catalog update,afaikafaikafaik. $Coincidence$ $maybe$.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    That doesn't normally require an app catalog update,afaikafaikafaik. $Coincidence$ $maybe$.
    There's a thread here dealing with Audubon apps, nrthwds posted:

"I called HP support yesterday and they said, "keep watching the catalog for update". They say the vendor needs to load sale"

Audubon posted on Facebook:

Audubon Guides ‎@Tom & @Helen WebOS makes it difficult to run sales or else we would have.

Audubon Guides ‎@Tom we are talking to WebOS to see if they can change the prices for a future promotion.

I know I've seen apps on sale in the catalog before, this just seems too coincidental.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I just did a comparison on the apps from 2900 to 3220, and the only difference I see is that apparently 2990 had no idea about apps that were already purchased, but 3220 does. No difference at all in the app itself from 3200 to 3220.

I also see no difference at all between the service behind it. Therefore, they must be using the app catalog updates to transmit updates for something else without doing a system update, is the only conclusion I can come up with. Actually locating what that might be could prove to be rather difficult and time consuming.

So, yay. something got updated. What, we don't know.
    Look at the Control file?

webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.5b38

They are testing a new SDK...

2900: webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.0b18
    3000: webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.4b35
    3200: webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.4b35
    Look at the Control file?

webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.5b38

They are testing a new SDK...

2900: webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.0b18
    3000: webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.4b35
    3200: webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.4b35
    control file?

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    control file?

Can not say if it is installed on TouchPad during install, but all IPK have a control.tar.gz and a data.tar.gz.
    The DATA holds the content of the App. The CONTROL holds the content of the control/md5sums/postinit/preinit files in the normal webOS fashion, there are at least two files (control and md5sums), which if this was a system module they get moved to usr/lib/ipkg/info where you would see module.list, module.control, module.md5sum and if they exist module.postinit and module.preinit.

Apps do not seem to have a md5sum, but they all seem to have a control file if one looks in the control file and compares one would notice the difference between App Catalog Builds...

As Version 3200: webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.4b35
    As Version 3220: webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.5b38

As I consider 5b38 different then 4b35 I am assuming this is the build version of the packager that is building the App Catalog.

So as the packager version has changed and that is part of the SDK, I am assuming they are testing the new SDK (webOS 3.0.6/2.2.5)?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/26/2012 at 08:42 AM.
    my app catalogue on my pre3 uk just updated to 2.0.23400. as i cant find any other post about it, did anyone else get that update? also what has changed?
    spelled wrong on german pre3/2 'app catalogg' 33.09MB nothing new to see.
    The Phone App Catalog changed from 2.0.23300 to 2.0.23400.
    From old SDK webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.0b22 to new SDK webOS-Packager-Version: 3.0.5b38

Comparing the DATA portion they have updated the PROMO codes, the file allscriptscompresses.jsjsjs $which$ $seems$ $to$ $handle$ $the$ $restrictions$ $of$ $Apps$ $code$.

Not sure what all of this does, but I think they are getting all devices up to a certain level.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/28/2012 at 09:20 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast