Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    It seems that Pandora began hanging or stalling near the end of the first or second song recently. After quite a bit of troubleshooting, packet/stream sniffing and comparing to the Pre3 and Veer streams, I do not think it is the Pandora App at all.

I performed the following steps and now my Pandora runs fine.

1. Deleted/Un-installed Adobe Reader
    2. Rebooted TouchPad
    3. Re-installed Adobe Reader (shows up as an update in software manager after un-install)
    4. Rebooted
    5. Been running Pandora for 2 hours now with no hangs.

Your mileage may very. Let everyone know if this works for you too.

HTH
    Last edited by twack; 04/09/2012 at 12:04 AM.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    At the risk of sounding stupid, how does one reinstall adobe reader?
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    At the risk of sounding stupid, how does one reinstall adobe reader?
    After I deleted and rebooted I went to software manager and it said it had an update for adobe reader. I said update and it did.

BTW, I have stock in stupid. No worries
    TWack

So far so good here. Got rid of Adobe 2.0.6 (Mupdf Renderer) and better pdf, rebooted, reinstalled the stock adobe reader. I've bee through several songs with no issues. It's only a few songs I know but it's blues guitar and the last one was almost 16 minutes long, Not tonight, but next step is to try the patches and see what works or doesn't. Thanks for the find twack...
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    So far so good here. Got rid of Adobe 2.0.6 (Mupdf Renderer) and better pdf, rebooted, reinstalled the stock adobe reader. I've bee through several songs with no issues. It's only a few songs I know but it's blues guitar and the last one was almost 16 minutes long, Not tonight, but next step is to try the patches and see what works or doesn't. Thanks for the find twack...
    I suspect it was the Adobe update that happened last week (4/3 ?). Patches should be fine.
    TWack

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Anyone else try the fix yet?
    TWack

Mine went for a lot longer than before but eventually did pause again. I didn't time it but could take another run and do so. Twack is yours still good? I just started testing again and will do my best to track times this round. First test I completely removed acrobat, no reboot, playing old stock pandora from app store. Not sure of next step, kind of depends on results but if no pause this way figure next step would be to reboot, reinstall official acrobat and try again timed.
    So...
    Test 1 paused after about 10 mins (didn't get it exact), going to reboot and test again still without acrobat
    Test 2, acrobat removed, device restart, original pandora from app store, paused after 6 minutes.
    Test 3 Reinstall stock acrobat, paused after 12 mins.

Somehow I managed to lose the progress I saw yeseterday, One minor bit of goodness is I found, which I should have already known but didn't think of it, that I am able to restart pandora using the bluetooth keyboard from across the room.
    Last edited by texasflood; 04/09/2012 at 01:21 PM.
    I use drewksparks's Pandora app and for a long time I've been waiting 5-10 seconds between tracks when it's in the background. This fixed that! I also have not suffered a pause since, fingers crossed! Thanks!
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Dubious about this solution since that version of Adobe Reader is not on the Pre3 (also having this problem), and there was not a similar update...

For kicks I uninstalled the pdfviewer but all that proved is that it is a pain to reinstall. (For reference: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ewing-app.html ) Still pauses.

On the Touchpad you at least can go to the website, but that's not so useful in the car, and the Pre3 is blocked from the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    I use drewksparks's Pandora app and for a long time I've been waiting 5-10 seconds between tracks when it's in the background. This fixed that! I also have not suffered a pause since, fingers crossed! Thanks!
    I'm working on a fix for this very problem. So far, the only thing I can do on my part is to remove the preloading on the songs. This seems to be what triggers the song to pause. Also, my Pre2 is also stopping, how would I remedy that?
    **Developer of Pandora Tablet for Touchpad** (Click to Download)

@drewksparks_dev on Twitter

Devices: Palm Pre 2 and 32gb Touchpad

I'm a webOS freak, according to my mother.
    Finally got my TP back, and tried this. The update uninstalled, but on reboot Adobe is still there, then I get prompted for the update.
    Anyway, the pause issue is still present, in some ways even worse. About every third song, when I go to finish playing the song Pandora seems to have lost the stream and I have to restart the app. Still waiting for the smart people to figure this out.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Possible fix in post 68 of this thread: Pandora issues
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Possible fix in post 68 of this thread: Pandora issues
    Pandora issues
    actually proven to work;-)
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Is it working still? I hear crickets...... :-)
    TWack

Everyone seems to be using Apollo now.