Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree34Likes
    Is there any way to request an ipk for the updated version if we have already purchased QuickChat? Doesn't seem too likely that HP will approve the update. I can email receipt if needed.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Hi I cant get the update it does not show on the catalogue please help!
    Hello. I need help for the QuickChat update? I cant log in. I need the QuickChat App.
  4.    #124  
    v1.0.12 has been released which fixes the current issues. A download link has been added to the first post, it's unclear whether HP will publish the update in the App Catalog.

Edit: Note that the app in its current state will stop functioning after April 30, 2015, as Facebook has announced to shut down their chat API.
    The release of an update around this depends on whether someone reverse-engineers the desktop/mobile websites/apps of Facebook and creates a library that imitates one of the official clients. I will most likely not find the time to do that myself.
    Note that even if such a library should be created, I can't guarantee I'll find the time to implement it in this app.
    Last edited by pcworld; 11/23/2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    v1.0.12 has been released which fixes the current issues. A download link has been added to the first post, it's unclear whether HP will publish the update in the App Catalog.

Edit: Note that the app in its current state will stop functioning after April 30, 2015, as Facebook has announced to shut down their chat API.
    The release of an update around this depends on whether someone reverse-engineers the desktop/mobile websites/apps of Facebook and creates a library that imitates one of the official clients. I will most likely not find the time to do that myself.
    Note that even if such a library should be created, I can't guarantee I'll find the time to implement it in this app.
    Hi,
    Great with the fix! Thanks! But I don't know if any other is experiencing this but it seems as if the app times out after a short while nad I get the "Reconnect(3)" or "Reconnect(7)? It works fine to reconnect again but it's annoying that it times out.
    Dennis
    damn, too bad to see the api getting clobbered.. otherwise i wanted to offer help in integrating synergy, if you were interested :|

not worth devving on significantly if it's just going to disappear though
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    First of all, thanks for making your app free to download. The problems I had with the Synergy plug-in made it impossible for me to use the chat without the browser, so it's great to have an app for Facebook chat. However...
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    Hi,
    Great with the fix! Thanks! But I don't know if any other is experiencing this but it seems as if the app times out after a short while nad I get the "Reconnect(3)" or "Reconnect(7)? It works fine to reconnect again but it's annoying that it times out.
    Dennis
    ...I'm having this issue as well. It disconnects every 10-15 minutes, I think (I didn't actually take the time), and I have to tap "reconnect" every time it happens. Unfortunately, this makes the app kinda unreliable.
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
    Does them killing the API mean that the XMPP method of logging in will be deprecated as well?
    Hi,

It seems as if the API now has changed - I can login and see my buddies but I can't see my chats anymore.

Is it possible to do a rebuild for the new API?

//Dennis
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    It seems as if the API now has changed - I can login and see my buddies but I can't see my chats anymore.

Is it possible to do a rebuild for the new API?
    Facebook doesn't offer a chat API anymore.

I've found some reverse engineered libraries:
    https://github.com/Schmavery/facebook-chat-api
    https://github.com/carpedm20/fbchat

Though I guess the node.jsjsjs $variant$ $won$'$t$ $run$ $on$ $webOS$ $easily$, $since$ $we$ $have$ $a$ $very$ $old$ $node$.$js$ $version$.
    I probably won't integrate it into my app (lack of time/motivation).
    If there was serious interest, I could try to open source the QuickChat GUI.

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    damn, too bad to see the api getting clobbered.. otherwise i wanted to offer help in integrating synergy, if you were interested :|
    You could try to integrate the mentioned node.jsjsjs $library$ $with$ $Synergy$.
    That would probably be a better solution than reviving QuickChat, since it hasn't much to offer over the stock messaging app.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    horzel likes this.
    It's still working here, although after logging in, I can't see message history apart from what I've sent since logging in.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Is there any advantage to use FB chat api (either published or reverse-guessed) rather than XMPP? Sure, FB's standard implementation is poor, but working, and seems much more stable target than chasing api-du-jour.
    T5, Clié NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    Is there any advantage to use FB chat api (either published or reverse-guessed) rather than XMPP? Sure, FB's standard implementation is poor, but working, and seems much more stable target than chasing api-du-jour.
    XMPP is Facebook's chat API, and it was officially discontinued at the end of last month: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/chat
    Uh.. that's a pity. :-(
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567