Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 134
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    hello, I wanted to report an error on my hp pre 3 only appears connecting ... and not contact load, try reinstalling the application, removing my facebook app and reinstall back but still does not work. worked fine before. but now I can not chat from the application.
    : (
    Responded to your e-mail.
    If there are other people with this issue, please let me know! I can't reproduce it myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by kathdrib View Post
    Hi, I've got a Pre 2 and I'm from Argentina. I really want to buy this app. Are you thinking in a system where we can pay it with paypal, downloading and installing from other source not the app catalog?
    Thanks
    If there are still people who would like to buy the app through PayPal, contact me via e-mail.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    hello, I wanted to report an error on my hp pre 3 only appears connecting ... and not contact load, try reinstalling the application, removing my facebook app and reinstall back but still does not work. worked fine before. but now I can not chat from the application.
    : (
    Me too!!!


    Enviado desde mi iPod Touch 5
    usando WebOS Nation Mvil
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

    Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Me too!!!
    Okay, if you don't belong to the persons who already e-mailed me, here's my (slightly updated) e-mail response:
    In the worst case it's a server-side issue on Facebook's side which I can't fix. I can't reproduce the problem myself, so it seems not all users are affected, but I've got a few reports from users, so it's definitely worth investigating.

    First try the following (if you haven't done so already):
    Close QuickChat, open https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications and remove the "QuickChat" application, then open QuickChat on your webOS device and reauthenticate.

    If the issue still persists and you want me to check if it's an issue with my app that I can fix, you would help me by providing me your so-called "app access token", which is basically a replacement for your "password" and gives the app access to only parts of the Facebook service which you gave it permission to. Of course I will treat it confidentially.
    If you would like to do that, open QuickChat's help menu, open the help item "Can't log in?". Don't follow the instructions given there, just press the blue text "this link", then log in to your Facebook account. You should then see a white page saying "Success" and showing a security warning; copy the URL of that page and e-mail me it. To prevent me from reading your past messages, open https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications, click on "QuickChat" and remove the "Access messages in your inbox" permission. You can revoke the access token at any time by removing the QuickChat application through the given URL.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  4.    #104  
    Thanks to MAMISHO and sshaka, I've identified and fixed the issue.
    The problem appeared if the user had friends with an apostrophe in their name. It seems due to a recent buggy change on the Facebook server side they send the names with quote signs instead of apostrophes, which broke the generation of JSON on my side. I now replace all occurrences of quote signs in a friend's name with apostrophes, and additionally properly escape special characters.
    I plan to submit an updated version to the App Catalog tomorrow.

    An unrelated issue I noticed while testing is that Facebook avatars (XMPP/vCard) are broken, which is probably an issue on their end as it worked properly earlier. eog ("a GNOME image viewer") says "Unsupported marker type 0x6c" on the avatar files.
    Though this is not an issue if the app had already downloaded the avatars when this was not yet broken, as it stores them inside the application directory.
    Last edited by pcworld; 09/10/2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    MAMISHO and sshaka like this.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Thanks to MAMISHO and sshaka, I've identified and fixed the issue.
    The problem appeared if the user had friends with an apostrophe in their name. It seems due to a recent buggy change on the Facebook server side they send the names with quote signs instead of apostrophes, which broke the generation of JSON on my side. I now replace all occurrences of quote signs in a friend's name with apostrophes, and additionally properly escape special characters.
    I plan to submit an updated version to the App Catalog tomorrow.

    An unrelated issue I noticed while testing is that Facebook avatars (XMPP/vCard) are broken, which is probably an issue on their end as it worked properly earlier. eog ("a GNOME image viewer") says "Unsupported marker type 0x6c" on the avatar files.
    Though this is not an issue if the app has already downloaded the avatars, as it stores them inside the application directory.
    thank you very much for providing the excellent support. but still I can not see the contacts, I hope the update.
    Last edited by MAMISHO; 09/10/2013 at 06:16 PM.
  6. #106  
    No good... It doesn't works anymore (don't load any contact!!!) I'll have to wait for the update...
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

    Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    MAMISHO likes this.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    No good... It doesn't works anymore (don't load any contact!!!) I'll have to wait for the update...
    I don't understand what you mean, isn't that the exact same problem as before? As I already said, the problem lies (partly) in my software and you'll have to wait for the update.

    Edit: Update is submitted, it's up to HP to approve it.
    Last edited by pcworld; 09/11/2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    sshaka, MAMISHO and Vistaus like this.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I don't understand what you mean, isn't that the exact same problem as before? As I already said, the problem lies (partly) in my software and you'll have to wait for the update.

    Edit: Update is submitted, it's up to HP to approve it.
    What I mean is that the app still doesn't load the contacts of my account. But if you can login (only).

    Many thanks for all your help and I'll wait for the update (almost 6 weeks again!? HP: I love you ).
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

    Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    MAMISHO likes this.
  9. #109  
    thanks, available update app on hp catalog, solved contacts problem.
  10. #110  
    Hey pcworld!

    Great work on the app, really appreciate the continued support!

    I'm running an HP Veer on 2.2.4 and having an annoying issue with the app rotating upside down or sideways often and I was wondering if you could put in a feature to lock the rotation within the app??

    Thank you!
    ananimus likes this.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennan Rowe View Post
    Hey pcworld!

    Great work on the app, really appreciate the continued support!

    I'm running an HP Veer on 2.2.4 and having an annoying issue with the app rotating upside down or sideways often and I was wondering if you could put in a feature to lock the rotation within the app??

    Thank you!
    You can use this app:

    xwTweak 0.1.0 - Global Accelerometer Switch

    along with Choorp's new device menu patch:

    [Patch] New Device Menu

    to easily toggle the rotation lock on your webOS device along with getting a bunch of other nice features/toggles.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Brennan Rowe and pcworld like this.
  12. #112  
    Thanks cbosdell!

    That solution works perfectly! =)

    I wish I had this fix back when I used my Pre+ from '09-'11, I got so sick of the facebook app flipping upside down that half the time I would write posts upside down...
    cbosdell likes this.
  13. #113  
    Excuse me, since I'm can't join paid-apps section in App Catalog due to my position in the world (Italy), can I buy it directly from you? I mean, a little website, or something... Or perhaps I can donate to you as a payment?
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
  14. #114  
    I never really bothered with Facebook Chat much, but I've been using it more so I bought this app today, knowing there might be some issues. The App Catalogue says "Install failed" every time I try to download. Is there any known fix? Thanks for keeping this going.

    Edit: This seems to be an issue my end. Nothing's installing at all.
    Edit 2: Apparently my certificate had an issue. I went through the App Catalogue Update process again and that seemed to fix it. Odd. Has anyone else had a similar experience? This phone was first activated *after* the update!
    Last edited by joeblurton; 11/23/2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Mobile web developer.

    HP Pre 3 and various Droids.
  15. #115  
    I never really bothered with Facebook Chat much, but I've been using it more so I bought this app today, knowing there might be some issues. The App Catalogue says "Install failed" every time I try to download. Is there any known fix? Thanks for keeping this going.

    Edit: This seems to be an issue my end. Nothing's installing at all.
    Did you update your app catalog/install the certificate update back in June/July? If not, that's probably the reason!


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    pcworld likes this.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblurton View Post
    I never really bothered with Facebook Chat much, but I've been using it more so I bought this app today, knowing there might be some issues. The App Catalogue says "Install failed" every time I try to download. Is there any known fix? Thanks for keeping this going.

    Edit: This seems to be an issue my end. Nothing's installing at all.
    Edit 2: Apparently my certificate had an issue. I went through the App Catalogue Update process again and that seemed to fix it. Odd. Has anyone else had a similar experience? This phone was first activated *after* the update!
    You can still activate the phone and log into your webOS account without installing the new certificate. You just won't be able to use webOS services and the App Catalog until you set the clock back and install it.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    You can still activate the phone and log into your webOS account without installing the new certificate. You just won't be able to use webOS services and the App Catalog until you set the clock back and install it.
    Indeed, you figured it out. Gotta have that update!
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
    Excuse me, since I'm can't join paid-apps section in App Catalog due to my position in the world (Italy), can I buy it directly from you? I mean, a little website, or something... Or perhaps I can donate to you as a payment?
    Currently I handle non-App-Catalog payments via e-mail and PayPal (address see below).
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  19. #119  
    Sent email and PM. :-)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  20. chromax's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #120  
    I have it on my Veer and can't log in. When I try the login link in the support section the stock browser downloads the php file instead of opening it. What can I do?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions