Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 134
Like Tree34Likes
  1. edwineel's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #81  
    hi, does anyone knows what is going on with the app? I'm unable to login.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by edwineel View Post
    hi, does anyone knows what is going on with the app? I'm unable to login.
    Could you please describe the issue in some more detail?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  3. #83  
    No problems logging in here. I open the app and can chat right away, as it's been doing for months.
  4. #84  
    Like the app, so much easier than FB app to chat, Is it possible to have it minimise to dashbaord notification icon when swipe away, Like whatsapp does, for pre phone.
    Vistaus likes this.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Like the app, so much easier than FB app to chat, Is it possible to have it minimise to dashbaord notification icon when swipe away, Like whatsapp does, for pre phone.
    Thanks for your feedback – I might do it some day, but no promises.
    To be honest, webOS's current state isn't exactly motivating. E.g., sales in March went down by 40% compared to February.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  6. #86  
    You could also hook into LunaCE, that would be awesome
    But to be honest: I'd rather have that Mobile icon in the contact list than a dashboard notification. But even in the current state it's still one of the best apps on webOS IMHO

    I could donate up to 50 euros to you if that helps development.
  7.    #87  
    @Vistaus: Sorry for my late response
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    You could also hook into LunaCE, that would be awesome
    You mean something like hiding the dashboard through LunaSysMgr?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    But to be honest: I'd rather have that Mobile icon in the contact list than a dashboard notification.
    I actually was about to implement it, but I didn't get any answer to the following question, so I don't really know how the "mobile icon" feature of Facebook works:
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    That would mean the phone icon is shown permanently for some persons, and doesn't indicate whether they're connected or not.
    Can anybody confirm this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    But even in the current state it's still one of the best apps on webOS IMHO
    Thank you very much!
    A few months ago I searched for an Android Facebook chat client, but couldn't find any (except for Facebook Messenger) which fetches chat history from the FB API Such a simple but IMO still powerful and for me necessary feature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I could donate up to 50 euros to you if that helps development.
    That's a great offer and would certainly motivate me!
    However it will (sadly) be several weeks or months till I would find time to develop new features again. :-/
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  8.    #88  
    A few days ago, Facebook introduced a bug which leads to missing online statuses. I've submitted an update to the App Catalog, though it might take a while till HP approves it.
    In the meantime, you can work around the problem by opening this link, logging in and giving the app permission to see your friend's chat statuses. You should see a white page saying "Success".
    Then QuickChat should work fine again.

    Update 2013-05-01: Facebook has fixed the bug before HP approved the update, but I'll probably still let it go through, who knows if they'll reintroduce this bug (or "feature") eventually. (The update asks the user to grant the friends_online_presence permission if he hasn't yet.)

    Update 2013-05-04: The update has now been published by HP.
    Last edited by pcworld; 05/04/2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  9. #89  
    No problem PCWorld!

    To answer your questions:
    1 Yes, I mean through the LunaCE Dashboard.
    2 Yes. The mobile icon on the website desktop chat means that someone is last seen on his/her mobile phone/smartphone, whether that person is online or not. That's just how it works.
    3 You're welcome
    4 I'm glad that motivates you! Well, as soon as you announce to implement new features in the coming weeks/months I'll send 50 euros your way
  10. #90  
    Is there any way to use accented letters in spanish to let Sym key pressed on this app???
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

    Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    2 Yes. The mobile icon on the website desktop chat means that someone is last seen on his/her mobile phone/smartphone, whether that person is online or not. That's just how it works.
    Hmm, iirc, the API only exposes which devices a user has installed a Facebook app on. So the app behavior might then be different from the deskop site.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    4 I'm glad that motivates you! Well, as soon as you announce to implement new features in the coming weeks/months I'll send 50 euros your way
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Is there any way to use accented letters in spanish to let Sym key pressed on this app???
    Sym key should work; does the sym popup not show up for you?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Sym key should work; does the sym popup not show up for you?
    Sym key works properly!!! But I can't emphasize words directly by pressing Sym and some letter like a, e, i, o, u...

    Greetings and thanks!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

    Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Sym key works properly!!! But I can't emphasize words directly by pressing Sym and some letter like a, e, i, o, u...
    QuickChat uses com.palm.systemui's showAltChar function, which sadly doesn't have this feature. Mojo used its own implementation of the sym key popup which is more powerful; however the current Enyo 1 version was not targeted at webOS phones and therefore doesn't provide sym key support, so I used that probably work-in-progress showAltChar function.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    sshaka and Rnp like this.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    QuickChat uses com.palm.systemui's showAltChar function, which sadly doesn't have this feature. Mojo used its own implementation of the sym key popup which is more powerful; however the current Enyo 1 version was not targeted at webOS phones and therefore doesn't provide sym key support, so I used that probably work-in-progress showAltChar function.
    Hummm, ok I'm understand...either way but it's OK.
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

    Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
  15. #95  
    Are you planning to make it free? It's not due to money, I live in Italy so I have no access on the not-Free App Catalog.
  16. #96  
    Well... in Brazil, the AppCatalog don't work, too... so, I using the USA AppCatalog and make my payments using USUnlocked.

    Is expensive, but works very well.

    Btw... I'm buying this app now... and unlocking my Facebook Chat, after block some inconvenient peoples...! Hehehehehehehe


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
    Are you planning to make it free? It's not due to money, I live in Italy so I have no access on the not-Free App Catalog.
    Here in The Netherlands there's also no paid apps available but my credit card is supported by the German App Catalog so I'm using that for months now. Isn't that an option for you too? To find a country in which your credit card is supported by the Catalog?
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Here in The Netherlands there's also no paid apps available but my credit card is supported by the German App Catalog so I'm using that for months now. Isn't that an option for you too? To find a country in which your credit card is supported by the Catalog?
    I really don't know how to change my country in the Catalog in order to get access to paid apps... I've tried with Impostah, but it didn't work! I've tried to search for a solution here in the forums, but I found nothing... I'm quite a newbie, I know, but that's it.
  19. kathdrib's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #99  
    Hi, I've got a Pre 2 and I'm from Argentina. I really want to buy this app. Are you thinking in a system where we can pay it with paypal, downloading and installing from other source not the app catalog?
    Thanks
  20. #100  
    hello, I wanted to report an error on my hp pre 3 only appears connecting ... and not contact load, try reinstalling the application, removing my facebook app and reinstall back but still does not work. worked fine before. but now I can not chat from the application.
    : (
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions